Does anybody have a classic car?

This is a discussion on Does anybody have a classic car? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I've got a hankering for a Fairlane or Falcon. I've always loved Mustangs too. I doubt I'll actually buy one, I need another hobby or ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Does anybody have a classic car?

Administrator

I've got a hankering for a Fairlane or Falcon. I've always loved Mustangs too. I doubt I'll actually buy one, I need another hobby or project like I need an extra hole in my head. But, I've been having fun shopping around online for one. ( Don't tell my wife, she'll opt for the extra hole in my head if I even bring up purchasing another toy)

So, whatcha ya'll have?
    "Just blame Sixto"

1970 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Convertable.... pulled the 350 and put in a edelbrock 455 ... new turbo hydro tranny, new posi, poly bushings, etc. etc. etc. It will be tough to hide from her. And trust me.... buying it is not the problem. If you think holsters are a habit. Wait till you discover what gets spent on a street rod.
    Honor, Courage, Virtue. These are what makes a man.
    "The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps."
    Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

I have a classic Farmall tractor, does that count?

I currently have 7 classic cars...but not the type in which you expressed interest.

I collect "LBCs" (Little British Cars) from the 50s through the 70s. I have a '54 TR2, a '57 TR3, a '64 TR4, a '67 XK-E, 2 MGBs and a '77 Triumph Spitfire...

They aren't expensive (well...the TR2 and TR3 are getting there), most cost me under $2K in "daily driver" condition...and parts have become pretty easy to find and not too spendy on the internet.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound.

-- L. Neil Smith

1977 Datsun 280Z I use as a track rat
    and a 1976 280z I use a DD when the weather is nice.
    "The 280z, is more like a skittish, half broken bronco, that requires constant attention, challenges your driving ability and will literally ride the driver hard and put him away wet."
    -Hybridz.org

i don't have a classic yet but i will someday. I am a car junkie so cars pretty much consume my whole summer. Just about to get my 2003 cobra out of storage this week. Hoping to crack the 900 rear wheel horsepower mark sometime in april.

Had a few... Too bad they weren't classics back in the 60's when I had them...

bosco

Not any more. Previously:

'64 Chevy SS, 4 on the floor, positrac rear end, factory tac and factory padded dash, buckets...

Looked sorta like Cheech and Chong's Chevy in "Up in Smoke" (I think that was the name of the movie).

And no, my license plate wasn't the same as theirs.

1978 MGB. Cost me under $1000 and hasn't been on the road in a few years while I "fix" it up. If I had more time it'd be a fun driver. In the meantime it's a fun way to spend sunny afternoons. I recommend it highly.

you just need to pick somthing sixto

Last I remember you were searching for an older Full size jeep wagoneer....I know the pain there are so many different cars you would like to have for very different reasons, Right now I am sitting on a 53 willie's wagon that needs some tender loving care but we will get there.

Young man, I drive a Chevrolet 1987 Monte Carlo S/S every day. What I feel is great about a Classic is, You Are Your Own Man. You don't follow the leader. It is GREATTTTT to be an AMERICAN!!!!!!

Don't do things you don't want to explain to the Paramedics!

Stupidity should be painful.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by gilliland87 View Post
    Last I remember you were searching for an older Full size jeep wagoneer....I know the pain there are so many different cars you would like to have for very different reasons, Right now I am sitting on a 53 willie's wagon that needs some tender loving care but we will get there.
    Yes I was! Good memory. My DD Jeep will be paid for in another few months, and it has less than 40K on it. I decided against the Wagoneer simply because it would be duplicating a vehicle I already have. They are still super cool though.

I like the Brit cars, the MG's and Triumphs. I also like the Datsuns. My uncle has a lime green 280 that is cool as cool can be, and my dad and an orange TR7 that screams around the neighborhood once in awhile.

But for me, I like a classic American V8. I do know where there is the proverbial old lady kept in a barn Hurst Olds... I haven't been able to talk her into selling it though.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    I have 67 convertible Mustang. 289 automatic, candy apple red with white top. I have had it since 1986.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links