UGH...Skunks suck...er uh is that blow?

This is a discussion on UGH...Skunks suck...er uh is that blow? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by rottkeeper So you should not have been handling a firearm then. As far as that being justification, nope, just poor judgment. Next ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: UGH...Skunks suck...er uh is that blow?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rottkeeper View Post
    So you should not have been handling a firearm then. As far as that being justification, nope, just poor judgment.
    Next post! I win the bet!!!!

Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

2. Remove Ads

You Win..........Now I Understand
    Glock 36, 20, 30, 29, PX4 Storm SC 9mm, Colt Delta Elite, Colt Agent, Sig C3, Kimber CDP 2, Firestar 40

"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth" - George Washington
    Remember the first rule of gunfighting... "have a gun." - Jeff Cooper

I don't envy you the next few weeks. My condolences. The situation stinks ... and that's the truth.

Years ago, I recall cruising in the mountains at about dusk, when a skunk crossed into the roadway. It saw me coming (in the car) and started spraying up a storm. Let's just say that the remainder of the trip home with the windows down didn't do much to alleviate the problem. Nor did a month of car washes, various chemicals and whatever other fix-of-the-day was recommended. I'll bet that prime, auto-spraying, two-year-old skunk was stuffed into crevices inside the wheel well that my mechanic never even thought of. On the day I sold the car, I still swore that I could catch a hint of the "spray day" on the air.

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    How good is the fire Insurance on your house
    Sometimes, it's all you can hope for.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I worked for a group home in SC and we had one get under a cottage and cut loose. The boys hung tough for a day or so. Then we had to get them out and put them in another cottage. The place smelled all summer. Maintenance got under the house thinking it died in there. Nope. Probably 2 of them fighting.

Speaking of 2 of them fighting. A buddy of mine had 2 climb into his backpack and fight over some food. They fought for 20 minutes, spraying each other! The next day he built a sled out of limbs and drug his gear 5 miles out of the woods. Too funny.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post
    I worked for a group home in SC and we had one get under a cottage and cut loose. The boys hung tough for a day or so. Then we had to get them out and put them in another cottage. The place smelled all summer. Maintenance got under the house thinking it died in there. Nope. Probably 2 of them fighting.

Speaking of 2 of them fighting. A buddy of mine had 2 climb into his backpack and fight over some food. They fought for 20 minutes, spraying each other! The next day he built a sled out of limbs and drug his gear 5 miles out of the woods. Too funny.
    Now that's funny right there. Reminds me to be careful where and how I leave my pack come my next hiking trip...
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links