USA and Canada Speed Trap List!!

This is a discussion on USA and Canada Speed Trap List!! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I checked it out and it's 100% accurate for my area. How accurate is it for your area(s)? Huge List of Speed Traps | The ...

Thread: USA and Canada Speed Trap List!!

VIP Member

Exclamation USA and Canada Speed Trap List!!

I checked it out and it's 100% accurate for my area. How accurate is it for your area(s)?

Huge List of Speed Traps | The National Speed Trap Exchange

LEO's should chime in on this too. Are these reports accurate in the areas you patrol?
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

2. Remove Ads

Pretty accurate. for my area anyway.
    You may not like guns. You may choose not to own one. That is your right.
    You might not believe in God. That is your choice.
    However, if someone breaks into your home at 3AM the first two things you are going to do are:
    1) Call someone with a gun.
    2)Pray they get there in time." - A wise man

Checked out quite a few paces near me, very accurate.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

The first 3 pages were spot on. Some I recognize from someone that works at the PD. I get the skinny on where they are working usually.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

yep, accurate here too
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    110% right on for my area(s)
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

Lead Moderator
    They list the one I see a lot. (And haven't been caught in... Yet.)
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Out of date for my area by 2 to 3 years. Around here they roam, a lot. Rarely sit in one place for very long. That makes a database such as the one above obsolete in a short period of time.

If you're concerned about radar traps get a good quality radar detector. If they're using LIDAR (LIght Detection And Ranging) then you're pretty much had by the time the detector goes off.

Administrator
    I just looked at the city that I work in. Despite wrong street names, it is fairly accurate on a few locations we like to sit, but none are traps.
    I know I am solely responsible for one location on that site, I'm the only guy who has written a ticket in that location for years. I do sit there often, but its not to catch speeders. I've written 3 tickets in that location in 4 years; all have been for double the speed limit. Hardly a trap... but I guess people get their panties twisted when you catch them doing something stupid.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by highvoltage View Post
    Out of date for my area by 2 to 3 years.
    Ditto some here -- even have the posted speeds and/or route designation wrong on two. In one case what was the "Bypass" is now the main route & posted 65, whereas what was the main route is now designated the "Business" route.

Also, missing a couple of well known towns.

IMHO, a lot better organization of information would help -- a lot. For example, it has towns (included unincorporated areas) and counties on individual tabs. If you are from the area, you likely know them and the rep of each. If you are not the area, you might check the county w/o spotting the tab for small town that is the real problem in that county/ along a given route. Ditto that some routes pass in and out of the same jurisdiction a number of times. Might be helpful to organize the info by route within State.

IMHO its an overload of questionable data at the expense of useful information -- as related to this area.
    Last edited by DaveH; March 18th, 2010 at 01:10 PM.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I just looked at the city that I work in. Despite wrong street names, it is fairly accurate on a few locations we like to sit, but none are traps.
    I've written 3 tickets in that location in 4 years; all have been for double the speed limit. Hardly a trap... but I guess people get their panties twisted when you catch them doing something stupid.

That's the common pattern around here -- albeit, there are a couple of small towns that have a well earned rep as speed traps (one of which isn't on the list).

FWIIW, my son-in-law tells me that on I-81 it is common for the regular rush-hour commuters to open up a "opportunity" for aggressive drivers to to speed directly into a couple locations know for the presence of LEO "observers" in the reduced speed area/safety zone area (where the speed is down & the fines are up).
    Last edited by DaveH; March 18th, 2010 at 01:12 PM.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Pretty on target for my home town and the town I live/work in now.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Links