PDO Meltdown

PDO Meltdown

This is a discussion on PDO Meltdown within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I am sad to say that I think PDO Died Today, there was so much cussing that I had to leave. Thank God that here ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PDO Meltdown

PDO Meltdown

I am sad to say that I think PDO Died Today, there was so much
    cussing that I had to leave. Thank God that here we don't have that
    problem here. I can only hope that PDO can some how heal it self,
    and come back to the excellent site it used to be.
    Last edited by enigmaone; May 30th, 2006 at 09:27 PM.
    quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    PDO's self moderation expeirment has been a dismil failure imho , i still stop inn there to try and help with basic q's once in a while but no longer spend much time or effort
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Distinguished Member Array BCurry1's Avatar
    I left there a long time ago. CC is 100 times better.
    Curry

DC Founder
    I hope they can get straightened out, too. We are very different sites and I never really considered that we were in competition with one another at all. With the numbers of new members over the past couple of days though, we may have been. I still wish them luck. You won't see the cussing or flaming over here. I would close this forum down before I would allow that to happen.....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumper
    I hope they can get straightened out, too. We are very different sites and I never really considered that we were in competition with one another at all. With the numbers of new members over the past couple of days though, we may have been. I still wish them luck. You won't see the cussing or flaming over here. I would close this forum down before I would allow that to happen.....
    I noticed one of the new members said they hoped we kept up to date here. I think he's going to be in for a rude shock depending on what he's looking for.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Administrator

Question What Exactly Happened On packing.org recently ?

How about a brief factual summary of the recent events that transpired on packing.org that seemed to trip/trigger the huge influx of new (former PDO) members over to our CombatCarry site.

Some of you regular PDOers please brief me & satisfy my curiosity so that I don't hafta waste all sorts of time (that I don't have much of these days) going there to try to understand/sort out what exactly happened over there.

Factual and Truthful information appreciated.
    Post it in this thread.

Thanks.

I remember my first and only time....

On one of my first posts, Betty grabbed me by the shirt and roughed me up for my attempt on rude language.
    I still ain't figured out why I wanted to broadcast it...
    Thanks Betty !
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

Administrator

Talking Artz

Hey ARTZ ~ You Lucky Dog...Didn't She Give You One Of These??? ~~~~~>

Your on your own with those thoughts there buddy !

Arthur
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

i am originally from PDO and the fighting back and forth and the immatureity of several people on there is killing the sight. very few on topic discussions take place. and the public moderation is useless because some guy(s) created a bot and several accounts to run threw and vote down any post if you said something this guy didnt agree with. the sight is doomed ive still got it on my favorites list but i rarely go there anymore.
    Hang on I saw this in a movie one time..................:flamethrowingsmiley for idpa match video click here http://www.youtube.com/v/-P3L4XfmWOg or http://www.youtube.com/v/cBkz7uZEzYs

PDO's meltdown is unfortunate because in better days it was a good source of CC law and extraneous info. Such is life. There's not enough civility in some places anymore (most places, IMHO), CC excepted...LOL

Senior Member Array blueyedevil's Avatar
    I'm a long time PDO member who has just joined here. So here's the skinny. The old site of a year or two ago was a great site that was moderated much like this one, I would compare it too handgunlaw.us and this site all in one. However there was a problem that emerged with a few moderators OVERmoderating the forum and in some cases deleting posts for poor or no reason at all due to personal vendetta's against certain other members. This obviously created an outcry for change, coupled with Mr. Solomon not being able to devote much time to the site anymore created the current incarnation of PDO. Which as a user moderated forum pretty much left the foxes in charge of the chicken-house. Posts could no longer truly be moderated, just the "user rating" of the poster downgraded. Which turned out to be a complete failure. Good posters were "bombed" by trolls and bad posters posted whatever they wanted with impunity. If there user rating became bad enough they would just create a new account. So now the site is in shambles, the information section is dated and the forum is a free-for-all. And it seems that Mr. Solomon is too busy or too frustrated to do anything about it. It's a shame because the site used to be a really great place.

Senior Member Array blueyedevil's Avatar
    I forgot the recent events, sorry. In the last couple months it has just gotten worse and worse with new trolls showing up, and normally good members getting frustrated and acting out. It's gotten to the point that over half the posts are just garbage from trolls, or posts complaining about the current state of affairs. Lot's of vulgarity, personal attacks etc. It finally got to the point that alot of us, even those of us who have been regulars for years, had to find someplace else. I want to read about CC and firearms, not bickering and whining. Not to mention that database is no longer being maintained for many states.

Administrator

Thumbs up

Thanks blueyedevil

It was just phenomenal how many PDO people jumped ship in the past few days & landed here.

That's great & we absolutely love having you folks here but, I was just curious as to what the exact trigger for the migration was.

Your info Much Appreciated.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Assistant Administrator
    One thing is clear - you PDO guys obviously do not like trolls, personal attacks etc - and so that is good as we try to keep that all very controlled here - not for dictatorial reasons but for the benefit of the majority. Bumper's mission is clearcut.

As best we can this will be the ongoing and continuing approach and it is made easier by the assistance of all members. I would ask that if someone sees something inappropriate to our guidelines they use the option to the left - as it gets real hard for us to stay on top of everything all the time - even more so as we get way bigger!!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links