A Scotish Man

This is a discussion on A Scotish Man within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; has been going to the same restaurant for years every Sunday at breakfast. One day as he is leaving the table and headed for the ...

Thread: A Scotish Man

A Scotish Man

has been going to the same restaurant for years every Sunday at breakfast.

One day as he is leaving the table and headed for the door, a waitress calls after him....."Hey, McPherson, do ya know the difference between a Scot and a Canoe? A canoe tips once in a while."
    Last edited by Zsnake; March 18th, 2010 at 02:54 PM. Reason: spelling

2. Remove Ads

Oh the abuse you take when your frugal!!

Distinguished Member Array mathewsman's Avatar
    lol nice
    NRA sence 2003 Colt defender Taurus .357 mag
    Taurus tcp x box gamer tag mathewsman

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    Oh the abuse you take when your frugal!!
    lol...oh the lack of abuse when you're not. One thing I've found around here is that if you're nice and tip really well with the nice waitresses(even if everything wasn't perfect) the first time in a restaurant, then all subsequent visits you're treated like royalty.

For a long time I was on a first name basis with most of the local waitresses, frequently got moved to better seating, and received "extra" deserts, half off meals, etc... All because I was polite, and tipped well on the first visit(an usually subsequent visits since I was treated well continuing forward).

Good joke though...
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    When I was growing up my father taught me that 10% was kind of the smallest tip to leave unless something was horribly wrong with the service. My daughter, quite up on things, tells me that now 20% is the minimum to consider. I am not shy about even telling an employee's boss how much I was disappointed if they did something bad, but I don't want to send that message unless it has been earned. I do 20%+ now.

'Course I don't go out to eat as much now, as when I lived in Fantasy Land (where I thought I could afford it).
    Recently updated website: http://www.damagedphotorepair.com

heres another late st. paddy's day joke: an Irishman walks out of a bar....

ha ha ha, good one huh :D
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moratati

Links