THIS JUST INN Gunkid has been photographed
THIS JUST INN Gunkid has been photographed
A Trip Down Memory Lane...:biggrin2:
Hahaha - well - that was in one of his incarnations perhaps. :wink:
I got a pic a while ago of one of his backup wheelbarrows -------
Interestingly - and fact - he is all but on the run, having scammed his wife and stolen guns - that for an ex felon is not a wise move! I will refrain from further descriptive text on the guy - as I might have to use Bud's axe to ban myself :18:
ROFLMAO some of the new kids wont " get it " without links and explinations .. i just dont feel like typing that much tonight dont know what a google of gunkid would turn up anymore , he is still active btw on a couple of forums
He was posting on IIRC Armslocker - but I have a feeling he will be possibly transitioning from ex felon back to just felon :wink:
There we have a guy with a major ego problem - who insists that his ''way'' is the only way. CAR 15 and can - LOL - :wink:
yea arms locker and backwoodshome are both infested i understand lol
edited to add Chris you forgot the .22lr conversion kit for the ar , and the debarked chiwawas , both are vital components of the original plan you know
They Need To Know About GunKid As Part Of Their Initiation Into The World Of Defensive Carry. :yup:
TheInformation for JOHN MELVIN DAVIS
Inmate Register Number : 84034-012
Name : JOHN MELVIN DAVIS
Age : 54
Race : WHITE
Sex : MALE
Date Released : 7/6/00
The first time I met Gun kid, was on the now defunct “Bug Out Board”. This was his own site prior to going to jail the last time back around ’97-’98 or so. At that time it was his fantasy that if the balloon ever went up he was going to jump on his life raft and float down the Mississippi. Being that he would be in the middle of the river, he was immune from bullets fired at him. His resupply plan was to shoot innocent people in the back and steal anything they had in supplies so he could survive. The trip was to be from Illinois to Louisiana where he was going to sell his services as a hired killer to any local warlord! He was living in the back of his van at that time and during the winter depended on his Mylar blankets for warmth. Mind you he did ask for suggestions to stay warm. While he was sleeping in his van, someone snuck in and stole the battery while he slept;
-He has abandoned family members (daughter) in the past and if the balloon ever goes up, he has stated his wife is on her own;
- He allegedly had a 2 year IPSC career 30 years ago, still thinks he’s a top hand yet the few competitors who remember him indicate that he chokes under pressure. He boasts, of his prowess, but can't provide any facts;
-He likes to allude to a magnificent IPSC shooting career. There are no records of his exploits. However, there are complete records of other competitors scores, shot in the time frame he claims to have been a competitor.
-He does believe that IPSC shooting is reality and that’s how life will be if the balloon ever goes up;
-He claimed to have shot with the South West Pistol League in the middle 1970's, yet John doesn't even remember Peter-the-Power-Meter. Ask Hard Ball, he remembers Ol' Peter. Gun Kid knows none, of the old line, 1970's era, SWPL shooters;
-Well, we do know that Gun kid managed to shoot two people. Of course, they were both him. He shot himself in the foot with a .22 then poured scalding water over his foot as he couldn’t afford to go to a doctor. They second time he allegedly shot himself in the belt buckle with a .45. He has admitted to at least a ½ dozen accidental discharges on various boards;
-Gun kid joined/was drafted into the Army in 1971 where he became a Military Policeman. He was shipped to Korea where he admitted that he slept on guard duty and beat the police dog that he was responsible for. He received an early discharge from the Army after 1 year 7 months. He has not divulged the reason why. One can only speculate;
-He has been arrested on numerous occasions, once by a meter maid, once the police phoned him and he turned himself in. He has been a drug dealer and made cheap ineffective silencers. The 13 plus years he spent in jail indicates he isn’t the most successful of the criminal breed. He suggests that the way to be a successful drug dealer is to have kids sell your drugs as they can’t be arrested, same with selling silencers. While in a Federal Gov’t Release Facility, he “escaped”, thus adding years on to his parole. He “escaped” by walking out the gate;
-Gun kid has 3-4 bulging discs as a result of hurting himself while he had a porta potty job. He doesn’t believe in hiking just in case he hurts his knees and ankle;
-He currently collects SSI from the government and allows a woman to support him, yet he complains of others “sucking off the government”;
-Gun kid claims to be the biggest baddest survival guru on the planet, yet:
Gunkid has admitted the following
1) Can't completely clean an AR which he touts as the “ultimate survival rifle”
2) Can't use a map or compass, therefore they are useless;
3) Can’t understand why people buy quality gear because he looses his during his ½ day field exercises;
4) Doesn't own a watch cause he doesn't know how to use one in a survival situation,
5) Tech knowledge on suppressors is 40 years old,
6) Backpacking knowledge is based on fantasy, and has only minimal knowledge of what equipment is required to survive successfully in the bush over an extended;
7) Believes that a good sleeping bag is a waste and Mylar can cover all your outdoor sleeping needs;
Tactical knowledge is non existent "The Army didn't teach me nothin"!, and simply declares that everyone else will be standing around in the open all the time
9) Scared to shoot at something over 100 yds, because after that distance all hits are based on luck
10) Your SHTF kit should only weigh 25-30 pounds, including 4 pounds of body armour and all your firearms and ammunition
11) the debarked Chihuahua is the best survival alarm you can have
12) a .223 fired from a 10" barrel is the ultimate weapon and is useful up to 300yds, but only when used with a suppressor because he has a severe flinch when shooting without one. As he has this problem he projects it on everyone else;
13) the assault wheelbarrow is the only item you require to transport your kit if the balloon ever goes up! Things like Trucks, 4x4’s, quads, horses, pack mules, dog sleds, etc are stupid;
Claims he's going to get a website that's going to make him $300,000, $50,000, $45,000, $30,000 a year depending on which lie he's typing at the moment -- for over a year. When he finally gets it up, all it is, is his regurgitated posts, written under a false name since he can't use his own, he's sullied it so bad, and has to have a "guest writer" post articles that are word-for-word the same as the ones he posted under his pseudonym.
1) he cannot accept that there are people who know more about all these things than he does;
2) he has almost zero social skills and threatens and attacks any who disagree with him;
3) he will challenge everyone, but will fail to accept his own challenges;
4) he refuses an all-expense paid trip to watch someone prove themselves
because he’s, well, scared!
y DO need a Gunkid Initiation.
He was banned here, under the member name "meme" on December 23rd, 2004. We wish him a Merry Christmas.... :smiley2:
QK, your post explained everything. I still get a kick out of the picture in the first post. The guy is holding the pistol by the slide with the muzzle down and the magazine forward. I have heard of people who did not know which end was the business end of a firearm, but I do believe this is the first one I have had any confirmation of.
I remember him. Was entertaining for awhile then he just got old.
Wow. Glad I was a kid (LOL) when he was around. He would of scared me off...........
Thanks for the 'initiation'! I've only been here a short & great three months, but had seen a few past posts from gunkid reading the old old archives.
some folks are just too full of themselves to realize reality.