The shocking truth about a fundamental right being denied to 55% of citizens

This is a discussion on The shocking truth about a fundamental right being denied to 55% of citizens within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Source - American Thinker Blog There is a fundamental right being denied 55% of all Americans. This denial costs over 16,000 lives per year, meaning ...

Source - American Thinker Blog

There is a fundamental right being denied 55% of all Americans. This denial costs over 16,000 lives per year, meaning more than 44 of our fellow Americans will die every day that we delay. What should be done in light of these shocking figures?
    Using the example set by President Obama and the Congressional Democrats, there is only one answer: Universal Gun Care for every American.
    Surely a right outlined in the Bill of Rights (2d Amendment) is just as important as a right NOT found the Constitution (Health Care).
    Bonus, it should be easier to implement. After all, gun dealers and manufacturers are ready and willing to help solve the problem. Unlike the evil insurance companies, gun dealers don't want to take your weapon away from you when you most need it. Nor will they deny selling you a weapon simply because you haven't purchased one in the past (i.e. a pre-existing condition).
    Conventional estimates state that 45% of all US households own a firearm. This leaves at least 55% of all Americans "uncovered."
    In 2008 there were 16,272 murders in the USA. How many of those could have been prevented if the victims had been able to protect themselves?
    My proposal is a modest one:
    Mandate for every American to purchase a gun or be provided one by their employer (children under the age of 26 can share a weapon with their parents)
    Tax credits to offset the cost of purchase (for those making less than $250,000 per year and everyone in Nebraska)
    For those that can't afford it, a grant or subsidy to purchase a weapon (union members can get two weapons subsidized before 2018)
    Funding for a series of community based gun dealers/clinics and firing ranges (especially in under-served urban and rural areas)
    Monthly ammunition benefit so that no one has to choose between feeding their kids, paying the rent, or buying a box of .38 special cartridges
    Contact your representative today. The time to act is now.
    Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn. -C. S. Lewis

Senior Member Array PointnClick's Avatar

Beautiful, but probably nuke-worthy... incoming...
    "Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

This sounds good to me. I could use a new weapon and all the ammo that goes with it.

Quote Originally Posted by PointnClick View Post

Beautiful, but probably nuke-worthy... incoming...
    IBTD
    (In before the detonation)

Senior Member Array PointnClick's Avatar
    HotGuns is probably looking at this thread, deeply conflicted...

"Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

I for one will campaign on this amendment...
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

Thumbs up

Me likey!

"Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

Senior Moderator
    HotGuns is probably looking at this thread, deeply conflicted...
    How did you know?

well, it is in the off topic and humor section...
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

I would have to say this proposal or amendment would actually makes sense, however, it won't fly in Congress because of that reason alone.

Sorry to break the news to you Soular :(
    Last edited by JoJoGunn; March 23rd, 2010 at 07:30 AM. Reason: re-word statement
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    I would suggest one change. All High schoolers will be issued one firearm to be used in the mandatory marksmanship and safety classes required to receive a diploma.

I have a terminal case of Gunitis and think my Health Insurance should at least cover ammo costs
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Links