Dallas Swat

Dallas Swat

This is a discussion on Dallas Swat within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; What the heck is up with this show? I have never seen a show so biased in my life! I am watching it right now ...

Thread: Dallas Swat

Angry Dallas Swat

What the heck is up with this show? I have never seen a show so biased in my life! I am watching it right now and I am just STUNNED!

Tonight they show a narcotics/weapons search warrant. They find some money and a few weapons and the accused is gone. They make it a point to point out that they are "Cocked and Locked" and one of them says "Look at the scope on that one, you know with that on there it could do some damage."

THEN, for officer safety, they pull the bars off of the door and windows of a house/apartment, for "Officer Safety" AFTER they find the building empty and cleared. I understand that the warrant is for PCP and I fully stand behind Law Enforcement as long as they obey the law, but these just destroyed public property and this show makes them out to be heros.
    Again, I don't totally blame the cops in this, I sure as heck don't want any of them hurt or worse getting rid of criminals, but, this was too much and taken too far.

Ohh, if I truly spoke my mind right now even my kids would be banned from this forum!

AND, during the "commercial" they show a trailer for Crossing Jordan and in it the stars of the show refer to some ex or current cop as "one of those 2nd Amendment, Don't Tread On Me Freaks..."

I am so pissed off right now I could spit! I am in Hollywood right now and you had better believe I am making it my mission to speak out about this, publicly!

You can call me one of those 2nd Amendment Don't Tread On Me Freaks! And, I plan on being VERY vocal about this! You may also call me a paranoid idiot, but I fully blame this on the current anti-gun in office right now.
    “The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.”

Patrick Henry
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus
    If it is ok to disarm legal citizens to reduce crime, then doesn't it stand to disband the military to prevent war?

No, tell us how you really feel......
    TSgt. Lickey

It takes a college degree to break'em;
    and a high school education to fix'em!

That WAS kinda sugar-coated wasn't it...........

Hollywood and 'our' media. Those yahoo's are in the anti's pockets and are doing what they can to keep public opinion as closed-minded as possiable.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Administrator
    Uhhh.... its a TV show designed for entertainment. Its hardly a reflection of "reality".
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Uhhh.... its a TV show designed for entertainment. Its hardly a reflection of "reality".
    Exactly what I was thinking. Detroit Swat is fun to watch but I know it's not reality. I think you need to chill a little.

Besides, as far as I'm concerned, if they are actually drug dealers then who cares if the police wreck their stuff...they are wrecking the world.
    Guns don't kill people, people kill people...and chimps do, if they have a gun

Distinguished Member
    Pulling the bars isn't just for officer safety but also the occupants inside as it's a fire safety code thing as well. I'm pretty sure they said that on the show if it's the same episode I'm thinking of.

Let the dealer try and file a claim with the city to pay for repairs. ;)

I do believe the house in question is also private property not public property.

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    TV is getting away from real life and it affects the minds of some anti's who watch it. I would hate to see what dallas swat would say if they walked in my home. Spurs hanging on the walls "Those are dangerous weapons" ropes hanging around too "Must be planning on hanging someone" I won't mention the guns.
    The Steven Seagal show got me when he said no one needed guns except law enforcement. Wasn't real thrilled with that comment.

Here's my question....
    Let's say I put bars on my windows for crime safety.
    Swat shows up at my place because they have the wrong address.
    They pull the bars off my house, destroying my property..

does the agency have to pay for repairs...assuming I'm not home dead because I thought it was a home invasion and I cut loose with a AR15.
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

I saw one when they were on A&E, where they went into a hole long we don't like destroying peoples property.

I think the whole "cocked and locked" thing is these guns are often found one in the pipe between the couch cushions not in a holster next to someone that is high dealing to users that are high (there's many that have places for them to use the drugs in that same location) and so under the influence an improperly stored gun hammer back with one in the chamber presents additional risk that makes the swat guys look tougher.

But they also gave the impression these guy learned how to repel at 3pm and by 5am the next morning they were employing it as a tactic. So as sixto said it's entertainment not reality.

Fire safety codes rarely extend to residential properties. They pulled them off after the bust for entertainment purposes, not officer safety.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Question everything, Learn something, Answer nothing.
    Those who have an answer for everything, have an answer for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by schwaa View Post
    Fire safety codes rarely extend to residential properties. They pulled them off after the bust for entertainment purposes, not officer safety.
    And ripped apart the window frame doing it.
    “The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.”

Patrick Henry
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus
    If it is ok to disarm legal citizens to reduce crime, then doesn't it stand to disband the military to prevent war?

Saw it once and turned it off. A bunch of DFW goons.

It's a TV show.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I can agree with SIXTO here, he being LEO and me working in the TV industry for FOX but, what I will say is this: it is just a TV show. I am sure it isn't exactly a representation of reality. BUT, it is promoted as being reality. And judging by the 20 to 30 calls I still get every week from pin heads who STILL can't figure out how to hook up a DTV converter box, most of the ignorant TV viewing public believes all the BS that their glowing idiot box pushes into their pin heads every night no matter how outlandish it may seem to those of us who have some modicum of logical thought.

If you can't tell, I detest my industry with the white hot intensity of a thousand Suns.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Quote Originally Posted by CowboyColby View Post
    TV is getting away from real life and it affects the minds of some anti's who watch it. I would hate to see what dallas swat would say if they walked in my home. Spurs hanging on the walls "Those are dangerous weapons" ropes hanging around too "Must be planning on hanging someone" I won't mention the guns.
    The Steven Seagal show got me when he said no one needed guns except law enforcement. Wasn't real thrilled with that comment.
    Consider the source..Steven Seagal is a waste of good air A real legend in his own mind kinda guy

Links