Since health care is a right, here's a proposal.

This is a discussion on Since health care is a right, here's a proposal. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; In Jennifer's Head Blog Archive A Proposal So the current administration has deemed a health-care a right and issued a mandate that each and every ...

Thread: Since health care is a right, here's a proposal.

Since health care is a right, here's a proposal.

In Jennifer's Head Blog Archive A Proposal

So the current administration has deemed a health-care a right and issued a mandate that each and every person must exercise that right under penalty of law.

Given that, I have a proposal. Everyone must go buy a gun. Each and every person must spend their own hard-earned money to exercise their right to keep and bear arms. If you don’t make enough money to purchase a firearm, you will qualify for a subsidy. Ammo purchases for those below the poverty line will also be subsidized. Gun ranges must offer their services free of charge to anyone that comes to practice in their facility. After all, practice is like preventative maintenance.

I know what you’re thinking. “What if I don’t want to buy a gun?” Well too bad. It’s a right clearly protected in the Constitution. I no longer have the freedom to just stick money in a savings account to cover my medical bills and skip the whole health insurance gamble. It’s pretty sad that we’re now compelled to enter a bet with a corporation that is betting we’ll be healthy while we are betting we’ll get sick. There’s no winning there. Either I end up spending a lot of money and not gaining any value, or I get really sick and my insurance company foots the bill.

But guns are scary! Tough. It’s a right and you’ll exercise it, or else. If you choose not to purchase a firearm, you will be fined and the IRS will come after you.

Does that feel like freedom to you?
    ‎An enemy of liberty is no friend of mine. I do not owe respect to anyone who would enslave me by government force, nor is it wise for such a person to expect it. -- Isaiah Amberay

2. Remove Ads

For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Now I'd vote for this one!!! Since I just retired and my money is low, I'd have to get the free weapon & ammo.

Very nice. Of course the Libs would never go for this.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    Very nice. Of course the Libs would never go for this.
    Doesn't matter, it is a right!
    “The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.”

Patrick Henry
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus
    If it is ok to disarm legal citizens to reduce crime, then doesn't it stand to disband the military to prevent war?

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    Yep. I have to buy a gun... and all of YOU have to subsidize my ammo expenses when I'm jobless.

I love it! Next?
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

"Right" on!
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Senior Member Array xsigma40cal's Avatar
    If I get a subsidy to buy a gun, I want a Sig. Not some Hi-point.
    Ha, funny how the same people who get are signing on to this healthcare bill are the same ones you see on COPS getting their Hi-points confiscated.

Quote Originally Posted by xsigma40cal View Post
    If I get a subsidy to buy a gun, I want a Sig. Not some Hi-point.
    Ha, funny how the same people who get are signing on to this healthcare bill are the same ones you see on COPS getting their Hi-points confiscated.
    I could use another Sig as well! LOL!

Links