This is a discussion on 24 within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I am an absolutely devoted 24 fan but this year the character played by Stardoe just jumped the shark. I'm military, teach at Ft. Huachuca, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 24

Senior Member Array threefeathers's Avatar

I am an absolutely devoted 24 fan but this year the character played by Stardoe just jumped the shark. I'm military, teach at Ft. Huachuca, and my Intel buddies can't believe how poorly researched the writing is as far a OPSEC and other realities. All of these folks love the series and agree with me that the key to this or any like series is far better research by the writers which will add to the veracity of the characters.

It's a TV show,I gotta roll my eyes on a lot of stuff during the show,some of the shows were pretty good,but It seems like it's in a downward spiral,hope they can get a better plot next time
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by threefeathers View Post
    I am an absolutely devoted 24 fan but this year the character played by Stardoe just jumped the shark. I'm military, teach at Ft. Huachuca, and my Intel buddies can't believe how poorly researched the writing is as far a OPSEC and other realities. All of these folks love the series and agree with me that the key to this or any like series is far better research by the writers which will add to the veracity of the characters.
    "Stardoe" love it! Really enjoy the show also.
    Who is John Galt?

Sometimes there's justice, sometimes there's just us...

I like the show. Too bad it just got canceled.
    "Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by threefeathers View Post
    Yes her character is horrible. I use to really like the show, but the writing has been pretty bad for the last couple of seasons.
    Stops Jihad on Contact

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    I love 24, and I'm sorry to see it cancelled. The good news is that they're working on a movie set in Europe.
    "We are the people our parents warned us about!" J. Buffett

I didn't read the entire thread so someone may have already mentioned this but as I work for FOX and this is big news within the company, FOX has canceled 24. This is the last season.

All I can say is, it's about time. I think this should have been done several years ago.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

My wife is a " 24- aholic " and I liked it in the beginning, but lately, it's gotten lame. Too many soap opera sub-plots going on that had nothing to do with anything.
    They should have just stuck with the original premise..Kill with prejudice, those that are killing us! It started to change when "Jack" spoke his " No muslims were hurt in the filming of this " line and has gone weird ever since. When 24 went PC, I went south!
    Just my .02 worth..

I was an avid "24" fan from the beginning and would absolutely NOT miss an episode for anything! However, the show has been going down hill the past 2 or 3 years, and after the third episode this year I refused to watch it any longer. The reason?--too many idiots in high government office (not too unrealistic, actually) and way too many "moles" in the agency over the years! I like realism and well researched books, movies, and TV shows, and "24" got a little unrealistic in the past few years with all the people getting Top Secret and above security clearance with all kinds of crap in their background that could NOT realistically have been not found out!!
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

I liked the first season, but after that it just kept going down hill and I eventually stopped watching. I'll take in an episode here or there, but I don't follow it regularly. It's too bad they canceled it though, as I think the basic idea for the show was pretty solid and it could have been a pretty good show if they could stop trying to turn it into a soap opera.
    Ron Paul 2012

There are three kinds of Yankees: Yankees, Damn Yankees, and Floridians

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    Who is Stardoe?
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

i get sick of all the moles all the time too. there has been one just about every season. I do love the show though.

I never watched even one episode until this year. I thought the show looked intriguing, so I went to Best Buy and bought Season 1 (on sale for $15). I watched the whole season in four nights, it was terrific, some of the best TV I ever saw. Plus, there were no commercials. Watching the shows back-to-back really inceases the intensity, IMHO. It's like a 24-hour movie.

Anyway, at the end of Season 1, I immediately went back to Best buy and bought Seasons 2 thru 6, lol.

I am rationing myself and have just finished with Season 4. This is the best TV show I have ever watched, highly recommended to firearms aficionados (pretty much everyone on this forum).
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy-SS View Post
    I never watched even one episode until this year. I thought the show looked intriguing, so I went to Best Buy and bought Season 1 (on sale for $15). I watched the whole season in four nights, it was terrific, some of the best TV I ever saw. Plus, there were no commercials. Watching the shows back-to-back really inceases the intensity, IMHO. It's like a 24-hour movie.

Anyway, at the end of Season 1, I immediately went back to Best buy and bought Seasons 2 thru 6, lol.

I am rationing myself and have just finished with Season 4. This is the best TV show I have ever watched, highly recommended to firearms aficionados (pretty much everyone on this forum).
    yep back to back is the way to go. i have seasons 1-7 and thats how i watched them. this is the first time i have had to wait inbetween episodes and it sucks lol.

We didn't start watching until Season 5, and we bought the previous seasons. Many was the night when we finish an episode at 2 am on a workday, look at each other and say "yeah, there's time for one more!"

It jumped the shark with the nuclear explosion, and really started going downhill when they decided a "counter-terrorism unit" couldn't be targeting Muslims. We all know that the real terrorists are white capitalists, eh?
    ‎An enemy of liberty is no friend of mine. I do not owe respect to anyone who would enslave me by government force, nor is it wise for such a person to expect it. -- Isaiah Amberay

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links