I'm going to miss "Pacific" tonight !!!! HELP

This is a discussion on I'm going to miss "Pacific" tonight !!!! HELP within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; We live rural and rely on Dish to watch television, it konked out last night, they are shipping me a new receiver, of course it ...

Thread: I'm going to miss "Pacific" tonight !!!! HELP

VIP Member

I'm going to miss "Pacific" tonight !!!! HELP

We live rural and rely on Dish to watch television, it konked out last night, they are shipping me a new receiver, of course it won't get here for a few days.

My internet connection is on a separate Hughesnet dish, is there anyway to watch Pacific tonight on my computer via the internet?
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I don't think it'll be available over the internet, here's what I found out.

It's unusual, but premium cabler HBO has put Sunday's first hour of its WWII mega-budget Steven Spielberg/Tom Hanks production "The Pacific" on its site. However, the other nine hours will only air on HBO (until the DVD release).

Since HBO is a pay channel that re-runs its best content for decades, it tends to be shy about putting content on the Internet. The network has uploaded the pilot episode of some series online, though not movies. The amount of violence and profanity in "The Pacific" is a concern, so registration is required to watch.

If my reciever comes quick enough I can probably catch a re-run of tonights version before the next episode airs next week.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

HBO re-runs it's content several times in the week following the first showing.
    If your receiver gets in on time,you should be OK.
    BTW one of the things I like about the series is the "realism" of the language. I believe Marines have been known to curse occasionally. Band of Brothers (a great series) didn't have that.
    " Keep On Packin' On The Bimah"

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    I just checked the schedule, and it's on again Tuesday at 8, Wednesday at 7, Friday at 5 , and Saturday at 7:15.
    "We are the people our parents warned us about!" J. Buffett

Did you try the ol' unplug the receiver for 30 sec. trick? Every once and a while my DVR receiver will act up and I have to reset it via switching the surge protector off.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Squawker View Post
    I just checked the schedule, and it's on again Tuesday at 8, Wednesday at 7, Friday at 5 , and Saturday at 7:15.
    Thanks, they say it ought to be here on Thursday, so it's likely I can record the Fri or Sat re-run.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by varob View Post
    Did you try the ol' unplug the receiver for 30 sec. trick? Every once and a while my DVR receiver will act up and I have to reset it via switching the surge protector off.
    Absolutely. I called and talked to their tech help and their advanced tech help. It's squirrelly and can't be fixed on the phone.

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    You can watch anything online if you try hard enough...

But the legality is questionable at best, so I won't say anything more.

Senior Member Array Daddy Warcrimes's Avatar
    I would DVR it for you but:
    a. Haven't figured out Mythtv well enough to command line schedule
    b. I don't have SSH at work
    c. I don't have HBO and
    d. copyright laws and such.
    "and suddenly I can not hold back my sword hand's anger"

DaddyWarcrimes.com

Quote Originally Posted by The Fish View Post
    HBO re-runs it's content several times in the week following the first showing.
    If your receiver gets in on time,you should be OK.
    BTW one of the things I like about the series is the "realism" of the language. I believe Marines have been known to curse occasionally. Band of Brothers (a great series) didn't have that.
    As a former Jarhead I have no *&%*!^&#!!%$@&*^%$ idea what you are *#$^!$#*&^%$ talking about

We are short handed right now and working 7 days a week....I flat out forgot what day it was or I could have tuned in. maybe AFN will run it again *&$^#*&$@^%#$ it.

Links