CSI Episode?

This is a discussion on CSI Episode? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Only got to watch first part of a CSI Episode today. First part showed where a woman died while leaning on a light pole with ...

Thread: CSI Episode?

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar

CSI Episode?

Only got to watch first part of a CSI Episode today. First part showed where a woman died while leaning on a light pole with cell phone in hand & rigamortis had already set in - looked kinda like a mannequin. Next scene was a dead young guy, apparently a jogger - was dead on a metal park bench - again with rigamortis already set in. I wasn't able to watch the ending.

Anyone here see this - able to tell me what was their findings on these two bodies?

Thanks in advance...
    For God, Family and Country!

2. Remove Ads

Years ago, and I can't remember where, somebody got electrocuted by a light pole they touched. Something like the cover plate at the base was off the pole and a wire was doing something not good for human health.

I think I even read, I swear I am not making this up, about a dog that was electrocuted peeing on a light pole.

I know it doesn't answer your question but I wonder if somebody was hotwiring these metal fixtures and got the idea from real life.

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    I saw it when it first came out. I don't remember all of the details, but the gist of it was the guy was an artist (photographer) and it was some play on the whole art imitating life/life imitating art. He would drug the victims to sedate them, then pose them using hooks and ropes and kill them in the posed position that he wanted them to be in and kept them there to let the rigamortis set in. I think he used some gases or asphixiation or something. Then he placed them in what seemed like a normal place and took pictures of them. They caught him when he started posting pictures on the internet before the bodies were found, then they found his art studio/class where he had drawn some of the images that he created.

Really creepy episode, but I guess thats CSI, right?
    Walk softly ...

I know when anatomy was being introduced more to the public a guy (cannot remember the name) would dig up dead people, cut body parts off and cover them in a clear coat. Display them at stores and what not, people thought he was making this out of things (clay and what not) and they realized what he was doing because someone found half their uncles head in a display window.
    When life gives you lemons, Open a lemonaid buisness.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandolero View Post
    Years ago, and I can't remember where, somebody got electrocuted by a light pole they touched. Something like the cover plate at the base was off the pole and a wire was doing something not good for human health.

I think I even read, I swear I am not making this up, about a dog that was electrocuted peeing on a light pole.

I know it doesn't answer your question but I wonder if somebody was hotwiring these metal fixtures and got the idea from real life.
    You are correct, sir. Last year, Boston,MA had a rash of dogs getting shocked & sometime dead peeing on light poles

Common Sense, the rarest of all senses

Quote Originally Posted by Martini13 View Post
    You are correct, sir. Last year, Boston,MA had a rash of dogs getting shocked & sometime dead peeing on light poles

Not disputing this, but on Myth Busters, they actually tried to see if this worked, that is urinating on a live electrical wire and getting shocked. They didn't actually urinate but simulated the process.

It got busted because the stream of liquid had to be completely unbroken in order for the electricity to have a complete circuit to run. It would be extremely rare for any urine stream to be unbroken.

Perhaps the dogs got a little too close for comfort and actually touched the electric pole and got zapped, or stepped in the puddle of their own urine and that made the circuit complete.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Links