My favorite quote from our founding fathers

This is a discussion on My favorite quote from our founding fathers within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; “If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask ...

Thread: My favorite quote from our founding fathers

My favorite quote from our founding fathers

“If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.”

Samuel Adams
    “The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.”

Patrick Henry
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus
    If it is ok to disarm legal citizens to reduce crime, then doesn't it stand to disband the military to prevent war?

2. Remove Ads

<--- begins the slow clap.
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

<--- and the applause continues.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Senior Member Array hudsonvalley's Avatar
    If only the masses could feel that way again.....big problem is that a lot of people will read that and not understand it....shame. Nice pick...
    Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
    ---Ronald Reagan

Oh, I like it. Very nice.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Senior Moderator
    One of mine is in my sig line
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Most people in this country would gladly take wealth over freedom. They would rather be wards of the state, collection an assistance paycheck for sitting home watching american idol and dancing with the stars on their big screen TV's and eating junk food. The others will work for their pittance, and as long as they have their mcmansions, nice cars, and emo fashion will allow the government to tell them what is best. Giving up their freedom for their vanity and sloth. There is only a small percentage of us who feel the way the founding fathers did.... much like during the American Revolution time period. Welcome to America.

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    While I'm not against lawful and controlled immigration, it is my feeling that we have diluted our populace with so many legal and illegal's who, while on the dole, have it so much better than their supreme efforts brought them in their country of origin, that they are more than satisfied to remain that way. And our politicians are willing to leave them that way for the sake of their votes. What we end up with are virtual countries within our country supported by the taxpayers. It's time to take back the country our founding fathers dreamed of.

When big business decided that they could make more money by sending our jobs out of this Country so they could make larger profit share, is when we hit the down hill slope that will be hard to recover from. Our industry, left this Country and it will be very hard for us to get it back. What was left here is slowly dying and closing down. Our government apparently feels that the only way for us to survive is for it to take over and run what we still have left. Look at any government program, I don't care which one you look at. They are all failures because they depend on taking from the working class and giving to the non-working class. I pray that we will get some leadership in this Country that will start to reverse this process before we are a third world country, because there will be no assistance for our Country coming from anywhere that we have previously helped.

Companies are forced to outsource because the anti-freedom establishment in this country destroys our economy. Taxes and regulations placed upon what is supposed to be free enterprise, in order to fund and give power to the far-reaching central government, suppress true economic progress and result in significant job loss and persistent unemployment. Companies can't afford American workers in order to stay competitive because of the circumstances forced on them. This new healthcare mandate will only accelerate outsourcing and will result in even more permanent job losses.

Links