I sent my taxes off today

This is a discussion on I sent my taxes off today within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I'm not a procrastinator, they were done weeks ago. But, I just sent off my taxes this morning. As I wrote the checks, I wanted ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I sent my taxes off today

Administrator

I sent my taxes off today

I'm not a procrastinator, they were done weeks ago. But, I just sent off my taxes this morning. As I wrote the checks, I wanted to badly to fill the envelopes with tea. But, I thought that might bring some unwanted attention to me.

It would have made me feel a lot better about the serious dent in my bank account.
    "Just blame Sixto"

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    Copy that. Glad I can do my part (and more) to carry those who pay no taxes. I wasn't going to send the money any earlier than absolutely necessary.
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Senior Member Array Daddy Warcrimes's Avatar
    I overpaid this year with business expenses.

The last 2 years I've done extensions, so I'm quite happy to have filed on time.

My sister owes to California; I told her to send an IOU.
    "and suddenly I can not hold back my sword hand's anger"

DaddyWarcrimes.com

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    I'm waiting to send mine tomorrow. No sense in letting them get my money any earlier than necessary.
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

VIP Member
    I just sent mine in as well. There're a few folks who will have all of their needs provided for this year, compliments of my contribution.

An acquaintance of mine was telling me that his daughter recieved a check for seven thousand in 'tax credits' (the new code word for handing out free money) as a reward for not working last year.

I want to send the taxes someplace that they can never find their way back from....
    Light travels faster than sound...thats why some people appear bright before they speak

$1700 and change to the Fed and a small refund from the state.... I think the Fed portion will get larger and the state part will get smaller for the next three years.....Grrrrr

God I can't wait until Jan 2013.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    I just sent mine in as well. There're a few folks who will have all of their needs provided for this year, compliments of my contribution.

An acquaintance of mine was telling me that his daughter recieved a check for seven thousand in 'tax credits' (the new code word for handing out free money) as a reward for not working last year.

There are quite a few people who know just how much income they have to report in a year to get the most credits. They will submit fake 1099's and walk away with a very nice payday. While the rest of us work 100 days a year just to pay Uncle Sam.

Well if it helps, We my wife and I got em for a grand & change ; )
    H/D P/S I have to pay in quaterly : (
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PastorPack View Post
    I'm waiting to send mine tomorrow. No sense in letting them get my money any earlier than necessary.
    Same here.
    64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.

Did mine awhile ago but just entered them into the computer. I should have paid over 2G because of the way I handle my fed taxes, but there were lots of breaks from the IRS this year. New car tax break, student loan break, college tuition break, break for working all year, ect. I ended up with an actual refund for once. Good deal. They must be up to something...

I hate taxes. I drew out some annuities last year to upgrade to a better 'hood and then they decide to give out a $6500.00 credit 2 months after I closed. That killed us, of course I haven't seen a refund in years...

All we can do is follow the rules even as we witness those that don't and get away with it.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

I hear what you're saying. MY checking account got a big ol dent knocked in it today as well.

It seems like I always get the feeing that I'm being ripped off around this time of year.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

So they borrow a good chuck $ every paycheck, with no interest. And then decide you didn't pay enough taxes all year and eat more of your saving?

Mic
    Quote Originally Posted by i10casual View Post
    So they borrow a good chuck $ every paycheck, with no interest. And then decide you didn't pay enough taxes all year and eat more of your saving?
    how about that! this is the first time in 25 years Ive owed fed tax, just don't get it, my household income has gone up 4% in the last 5 years and I average $1500 return sense 2004, and this year I owe? good god I felt like sending in a IOU like the Fed issues to Social security, but I realy don't want the lawyers to get the rest of my savings to defend me
    Timid people sleep peacefully at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Molôn Labé!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links