A new Movie

A new Movie

This is a discussion on A new Movie within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Harry Brown I wonder how many Brits dream about being able to defend themselves legaly? Set in modern day Britain, HARRY BROWN follows one man's ...

Thread: A new Movie

Senior Moderator

A new Movie

Harry Brown

I wonder how many Brits dream about being able to defend themselves legaly?

Set in modern day Britain, HARRY BROWN follows one man's journey through a chaotic world where teenage violence runs rampant. As a modest, law abiding citizen, Brown lives alone. His only companion is his best friend Leonard. When Leonard is killed, Brown reaches his breaking point. HARRY BROWN is a powerful, character driven thriller starring two-time Academy Award® winner Michael Caine in a tour-de-force performance opposite Emily Mortimer and Charlie Creed-Miles.

HARRY BROWN was shot on location in and around London's Elephant and Castle, and at Elstree Studios. The supporting cast includes Liam Cunningham (Hunger, The Wind That Shakes the Barley), Ben Drew aka Plan B (Adulthood), Jack O'Connell (Eden Lake, “Skins”), Lee Oakes (“Two Pints of Lager And A Packet Of Crisps”), Joseph Gilgun (This Is England) and Sean Harris (24 Hour Party People). David Bradley (Harry Potter, Hot Fuzz) and Iain Glen (“The Diary of Anne Frank” Kingdom of Heaven) also star. Written by Gary Young (Shooters, Spivs), HARRY BROWN is directed by Academy Award nominee Daniel Barber (The Tonto Woman).
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

Oh I want to see that! I really wonder how it will be received in the UK?
    “The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.”

Patrick Henry
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus
    If it is ok to disarm legal citizens to reduce crime, then doesn't it stand to disband the military to prevent war?

Senior Moderator
    I've always liked Micheal Caine, especially in the original Get Carter
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

My UK buds say it's the dogs bollocks! I defiantly want to see it.

VIP Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    Michael Caine was a bit of casting genius. MUST SEE.

I can see him as an ex-Royal Marines colour sergeant...

Quote Originally Posted by i10casual View Post
    My UK buds say it's the dogs bollocks! I defiantly want to see it.
    This made me LOL, thanks! I remember a short "tour of duty" in the London area when I worked for a large US auto company that shall remain unnamed. I learned some interesting slang, and this one and its variants always brought a chuckle.

I would love to see this movie...is it in general release, or limited to artsy-fartsy indy-film theaters??
    "Be justified. Blood may be easily wiped from the sword.
    It cannot, however, be put back from where it came." --Quicksabre

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksabre View Post
    This made me LOL, thanks! I remember a short "tour of duty" in the London area when I worked for a large US auto company that shall remain unnamed. I learned some interesting slang, and this one and its variants always brought a chuckle.

I would love to see this movie...is it in general release, or limited to artsy-fartsy indy-film theaters??
    Here is the locations it is showing and also how to buy tickets.
    Looks like a limited showing.
    Samuel Goldwyn Films - Tickets and Showtimes
    “The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.”

Patrick Henry
    If it is ok to disarm legal citizens to reduce crime, then doesn't it stand to disband the military to prevent war?

Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus View Post
    Here is the locations it is showing and also how to buy tickets.
    Looks like a limited showing.
    Samuel Goldwyn Films - Tickets and Showtimes
    Yeah, what I thought, limited release to the hoity-toity crowd that wouldn't know the dangerous end a firearm anyway. The one theater it's at in Michigan isn't too far of a drive, though, I might check it out.

I just shot them an email concerning a larger release, either cinema or DVD/BluRay. I'll post the reply.

Patrick Henry

Their reply:
    Hi –
    The film will be opening in select cities across the country on April 30, and expanding into more cities in the weeks to follow.
    So, now it is just a waiting game for a broader release. This will be determined by how it does in the limited release.

Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus View Post
    Their reply:

So, now it is just a waiting game for a broader release. This will be determined by how it does in the limited release.
    Yeah I guess I'll make an effort to support it here in Michigan. I think the site said it'll be released around mid-May here.

Once the Blu-Ray is out it gets added to my collection! :)
    Firefighter/EMT
    "You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know" - T.R.

<----My LT was unhappy that I did not have my PASS-Tag at that fire. But I found the body so he said he would overlook it. :)

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    Sounds similar to a Charles Broson "Death Wish" movie. There were several of them and I don't recall the title of the exact one. Michael Caine is a great actor in his own right. The movie should be good.

Thanks for posting, Michael is one of my favorites. I'll watch for it.

VIP Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    Sounds like Death Sentence with Kevin Bacon.

Sponsored Links