Sigh...It's Official

This is a discussion on Sigh...It's Official within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Yup...at 9:00 a.m. this morn, I had my official interview by the local Social Security Office and my application is now in the system. I ...

Thread: Sigh...It's Official

Sigh...It's Official

Yup...at 9:00 a.m. this morn, I had my official interview by the local Social Security Office and my application is now in the system. I am officially an "ole timer" ..... Time to lube the ole rockin chair so I can hang my targets on the back and practice hitting a moving target ... Now I'll just keep my fingers crossed that I will get every penny I can get out of the system and then let it go broke after I'm gone! No offense to the "young uns" on here!
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Well, time creeps up on all of us. I hope you get your money out. My generation (Gen X they call us) has always known that we will never see a dime.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

VIP Member
    Congratulations. Get it while you can!

I'm either a young baby-boomer or an ancient genx. I'll be among the first that are told 'sorry'...

I'll never see a penny of everything I've put in.

Congratulations to you First Sgt. Get it while you can, you've earned it.
    One of the most dangerous political philosophies afflicting America today is the belief that we canít allow anyone to suffer the natural consequences of their own stupidity.

Congrats! I retired about 9 months ago, life is good. You'll wonder how you ever had the time to work! Enjoy

Congrats!

from someone who is contributing but will never see a penny back (born in '85)
    Springfield Armory XD 9mm service
    Sig Sauer P250c 9mm

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

Links