immigration bill - Page 4

immigration bill

This is a discussion on immigration bill within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I suppose I will have to start wearing an arm band that states I'm American....

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: immigration bill

I suppose I will have to start wearing an arm band that states I'm American.

VIP Member

re: Zaccii

Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    European's don't go into Arizona to murder and kidnap it's citizens.
    Neither do second generation Asians, second generation Guatemalans, first generation legal immigrants in general.

There is a little clause in our constitution about equal protection. (You know, the part that caused GWB to get installed by the Supremes).

The AZ law denies equal protection to all US citizens. It effectively says some US citizens must carry a birth certificate or a passport but others don't need to do so; and the difference is their appearance.

Our Governor Jan Brewer signed SB 1108 into law last week, which allows all citizens of the state of Arizona who can legally posses a firearm to carry it concealed without regard to a CCW permit.

Yesterday Jan Brewer signed the toughest immigration bill in the U.S. into law.

For those of you who do not live on or near the southern border of the U.S the situation is rapidly becoming spiraling out of control. The liberal media only reports a small fraction of the violent crime that occurs on or near our border.
    Phoenix has the highest kidnapping rate in the U.S. Murder and home invasions are through the roof. Granted most of the violent crime is drug / cartel related. A law abiding citizen can not predict when they will get caught in a cross fire between rival factions. The situation gets worse by the day. It is no longer safe to hunt in areas south of Tucson. Our deserts are littered with trash left by illegal immigrants, our streets are not safe.

The state of Arizona has begged and pleaded with the federal government to step up to the plate and do something / anything to help solve the illegal alien problem. To date the feds have only offered lip service. Yesterday Jan Brewer by signing the bill said, enough is enough. We have to protect ourselves and our interests.

I think everyone will agree that the bill is not perfect including Jan Brewer herself, but at least someone was willing to take a stand.

For those of you who are worried about racial profiling, get a life, it has been going on for a long time, how could you think it has not.

As an Arizona resident I have been lit up with the red and blue lights of the Border Patrol more than once and I am white. I have two very close friends who are naturalized citizens who get stopped all the time. They are angry because they went through the long difficult process to become citizens and the illegals are here illegally. They ARE NOT angry because they get lit up by the Border Patrol. Go figure.

For those of us who live in Arizona our governor has told us it is OK to arm yourselves, protect yourself and loved ones. It is NOT OK to be in our state illegally and don't expect help from the Obama crowd.

Thanks Jan

y
    Don't tread on me or mine.
    I am comfortable laying on a rock in the sun; bothering no one. If you choose to ignore the above statement, you will wish all you had to do, is deal with a snake.

Quote Originally Posted by jackson85746 View Post
    Our Governor Jan Brewer signed SB 1108 into law last week, which allows all citizens of the state of Arizona who can legally posses a firearm to carry it concealed without regard to a CCW permit.

Yesterday Jan Brewer signed the toughest immigration bill in the U.S. into law.

For those of you who do not live on or near the southern border of the U.S the situation is rapidly becoming spiraling out of control. The liberal media only reports a small fraction of the violent crime that occurs on or near our border.
    Phoenix has the highest kidnapping rate in the U.S. Murder and home invasions are through the roof. Granted most of the violent crime is drug / cartel related. A law abiding citizen can not predict when they will get caught in a cross fire between rival factions. The situation gets worse by the day. It is no longer safe to hunt in areas south of Tucson. Our deserts are littered with trash left by illegal immigrants, our streets are not safe.

The state of Arizona has begged and pleaded with the federal government to step up to the plate and do something / anything to help solve the illegal alien problem. To date the feds have only offered lip service. Yesterday Jan Brewer by signing the bill said, enough is enough. We have to protect ourselves and our interests.

I think everyone will agree that the bill is not perfect including Jan Brewer herself, but at least someone was willing to take a stand.

For those of you who are worried about racial profiling, get a life, it has been going on for a long time, how could you think it has not.

As an Arizona resident I have been lit up with the red and blue lights of the Border Patrol more than once and I am white. I have two very close friends who are naturalized citizens who get stopped all the time. They are angry because they went through the long difficult process to become citizens and the illegals are here illegally. They ARE NOT angry because they get lit up by the Border Patrol. Go figure.

For those of us who live in Arizona our governor has told us it is OK to arm yourselves, protect yourself and loved ones. It is NOT OK to be in our state illegally and don't expect help from the Obama crowd.

Thanks Jan

y
    You are so right. It seems that some people are worried about the illegals rights, screw that, what about the citizens rights. Yes,Hopyard, if you don't like Arizonas laws you can stay out of the state.
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    BROWN WATER NAVY

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. I hear England is being taxed with high immigration. It will be interesting to see how the two nations will deal with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Neither do second generation Asians, second generation Guatemalans, first generation legal immigrants in general.

There is a little clause in our constitution about equal protection. (You know, the part that caused GWB to get installed by the Supremes).

The AZ law denies equal protection to all US citizens. It effectively says some US citizens must carry a birth certificate or a passport but others don't need to do so; and the difference is their appearance.
    I do believe you're speculating a little, on how the law will be enforced, based on your opinion that a DL is insufficient evidence.

Something had to be done. The citizens of Az were/are in a clamor for some action to be taken. I must find the particulars of the law, before I can believe your prognostication.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    You go Arizona.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    This is just a little bit of a sidetrack. A few years ago in order to be able to handle some affairs of my recently deceased parents I had to carry a copy of my birth certificate with me all the time.

Guess what? It's still in my wallet and hasn't been any inconvenience.

Way to go AZ. There should be an INFORCED federal law that anyone that is illegal is deported immeidately on the next plane to their home country. Caught illegally in the country? No going anywhere except to the nearest airport. If the illegal's family is in the US illegally, they could be called from the they are deported to. Also any US employer who hires a foreign national should require documentation of citizenship or work visa. A US citizen who knowingly provides work for an illegal should face MANDATORY jail time upon conviction. If no work, there would be far fewer illegals.
    NRA life member.

For all those who are complaining about, or offended by, Arizona's new anti-illegal immigrant law:

Would you complain about, or be offended by, applying Mexico's own immigration laws to Mexicans illegally in this country? Mexico has a single, streamlined law that ensures that foreign visitors and immigrants are:

* in the country legally;

* have the means to sustain themselves economically;

* not destined to be burdens on society;

* of economic and social benefit to society;

* of good character and have no criminal records; and

* contributors to the general well-being of the nation.

The law also ensures that:

* immigration authorities have a record of each foreign visitor;

* foreign visitors do not violate their visa status;

* foreign visitors are banned from interfering in the country’s internal politics;

* foreign visitors who enter under false pretenses are imprisoned or deported;

* foreign visitors violating the terms of their entry are imprisoned or deported;

* those who aid in illegal immigration will be sent to prison.

Mexico's Immigration Law: Let's Try It Here at Home, Monday, May 08, 2006, By J. Michael Waller

Seems fair to me!
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Seems good and simple to me.
    Enter by the rules and be a good citizen OR
    Go to prison or be deported.

Yeah, I could live with that!!
    NRA life member.

Quote Originally Posted by CplVargas View Post
    how are police supposed to distinguish between a legal Mexican [immigrant] and an Illegal Mexican?
    Whoever runs away from them? Because the legal immigrant will have his/her green card with them, according to the previous conditions granted by their status.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

VIP Member

re: SIGguy229

Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    Whoever runs away from them? Because the legal immigrant will have his/her green card with them, according to the previous conditions granted by their status.
    Yes indeed, the legal immigrant will have papers. The problem is that the way the law is written it requires possession of papers by native born US citizens and by naturalized citizens.

The way the law will be implemented is that if you are caucasian or of European descent no one will bother you. You will be able to go about your business without papers/ But if you look "alien" and get stopped, you will need papers which native born US Citizens heretofore have never been required to keep in their possession.

And if you don't have these, you will get arrested. The arrests will happen only to those who look a certain way; hence, there will not be equal protection under the law. You can't tell me you support our consitution but are willing to support an obvious breach of the equal protection clause.

Believe me, I know how difficult it can be to come to the US legally, to obtain a green card and to become a naturalized citizen. I know that lawful immigrants and naturalized citizens are among the strongest critics of those who cut in line and enter illegally.
    I in no way want to make life easier for those here illegally. What I am objecting to is making life more difficult for ordinary US citizens-- which this law will in fact do. And it will do it in a way which affects only those who happen to sort of look Mexican; first and second generation native born citizens and naturalized citizens including those who earned their citizenship via military service for the US as suggested by Cpl Vargas.

My BIL served 25 years in the US NAVY and is a naturalized US citizen. His service occurred during the Viet Nam era. Under the new AZ law he will not be safe in Arizona unless he does something currently not required of any US citizen at all, anyplace but AZ.

Again for all you so called conservatives who complain about a slow movement to a "papers please" society, here you go. One giant step.

Of course you are unconcerned, because it won't affect you-- yet.

VIP Member

re: gasmitty--surprising agreement

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    For all those who are complaining about, or offended by, Arizona's new anti-illegal immigrant law:

Would you complain about, or be offended by, applying Mexico's own immigration laws to Mexicans illegally in this country? Mexico has a single, streamlined law that ensures that foreign visitors and immigrants are:

* in the country legally;

* have the means to sustain themselves economically;

* not destined to be burdens on society;

* of economic and social benefit to society;

* of good character and have no criminal records; and

* contributors to the general well-being of the nation.

The law also ensures that:

* immigration authorities have a record of each foreign visitor;

* foreign visitors do not violate their visa status;

* foreign visitors are banned from interfering in the country’s internal politics;

* foreign visitors who enter under false pretenses are imprisoned or deported;

* foreign visitors violating the terms of their entry are imprisoned or deported;

* those who aid in illegal immigration will be sent to prison.

Mexico's Immigration Law: Let's Try It Here at Home, Monday, May 08, 2006, By J. Michael Waller

Seems fair to me!
    I agree with you, but the objectionable part of the new AZ statute is its implications for US citizens; not its effect on illegals.

If you could put yourself in the shoes of someone who looks different but is a US citizen you would readily see the problem the new statute.

The majority of the voting Latino population of Arizona is in favor of the new bill, as is the overwhelming number of the rest of the citizens. Until you live with the problems brought by the illegal swarm, you can't imagine the dire circumstances.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Links