immigration bill - Page 8

immigration bill

This is a discussion on immigration bill within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Does anybody have a link that takes you to the actual letter of the law? If the law is written as it's portrayed in the ...

Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: immigration bill

Does anybody have a link that takes you to the actual letter of the law?

If the law is written as it's portrayed in the Times article, I would expect it's just a matter of time before it's ruled unconstitutional. Since when in the U.S. can one be forced to carry around documentation proving your status, or any documentation for that matter? The article states "It also makes it a state crime a misdemeanor to not carry immigration papers." So if I'm an American citizen that immigrated here in the 50's, I'm a criminal if I don't carry around some kind of immigration paper?

I'm also rather stunned at how many people on here support a law that gives the government (State government in this case) powers it does not have under the Constitution. When you start willingly signing away your rights, how long do you think it will be until the government tries to take away rights that you hold dear? Totalitarian governments do not take away peoples rights but gets people to willingly turn them over through fear and prejudice.

Just remember that when they come for your gun in the name of public safety. I haven't read the "actual" law so If I'm misinterpreting it, I apologize.
    I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.

Quote Originally Posted by morintp View Post
    How can we ever get the illegal immigration problem under control when we do not punish ALL of the offenders? Including the businesses that are illegally hiring the illegals. As long as they can earn money, they will continue to come here. Cut off the supply of jobs and they have no reason to cross the border.
    Agreed. The same applies to illegal drugs. As long as we provide them with the biggest market they could hope for we have little chance of stopping drug smuggling.

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    Agreed. The same applies to illegal drugs. As long as we provide them with the biggest market they could hope for we have little chance of stopping drug smuggling.
    That is an excellent analogy. The businesses in this case are the equivalent of the drug users. Now to clarify, I am not saying that the businesses are drug users. I'm saying that they are the "demand" for which the illegal immigrants are the "supply". In the same way that the drug users are the "demand" for the drug dealers "supply".

The more I think about it, I don't see why jail time should be off the table for the people responsible in hiring the illegal immigrants. When you boil it down, an individual person or people made a conscious decision to break the law and several other people had to allow or otherwise condone this illegal activity. Because of this, we have a thriving job market for illegal aliens that will continue to cross the border for those jobs. How is this not worthy of jail time?
    64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.

I still say all the illegals will go home if we would just do away with cash. No cash=no illegals, also would hammer the illegal drug trade. Completely paperless monetary system.

Senior Moderator
    Completely paperless monetary system.
    Would that be the same one that it talks about in the Book of Revelation?
    That no man can buy or sell without a mark?
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by ILuvGT View Post
    Does anybody have a link that takes you to the actual letter of the law?

If the law is written as it's portrayed in the Times article, I would expect it's just a matter of time before it's ruled unconstitutional. Since when in the U.S. can one be forced to carry around documentation proving your status, or any documentation for that matter? The article states "It also makes it a state crime a misdemeanor to not carry immigration papers." So if I'm an American citizen that immigrated here in the 50's, I'm a criminal if I don't carry around some kind of immigration paper?

I'm also rather stunned at how many people on here support a law that gives the government (State government in this case) powers it does not have under the Constitution. When you start willingly signing away your rights, how long do you think it will be until the government tries to take away rights that you hold dear? Totalitarian governments do not take away peoples rights but gets people to willingly turn them over through fear and prejudice.

Just remember that when they come for your gun in the name of public safety. I haven't read the "actual" law so If I'm misinterpreting it, I apologize.

http://www.azleg.gov/legtext/49leg/2r/bills/sb1070s.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Would that be the same one that it talks about in the Book of Revelation?
    That no man can buy or see without a mark?
    I'm sorry, I'm not disagreeing with you or laughing at you. I just literally laughed out loud at this because the conversation is already contentious without bringing religion into it.

Senior Moderator
    Not a laughing matter at all. Biometric info required by every citizen in the U.S. has already been discussed as a way to ensure citizenship.
    The moneyless ,no cash system that you propose has already been discussed in great detail. Its just a matter of time really.

When it does happen, I'm going to laugh my ass off at all of the people that said it would never happen here...

This immigration mess we are in will be used as a tool to justify and implement it.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

I did not propose this, and oppose it very much. I do most of my business in cash. I prefer it that way.

Senior Moderator
    Me too...as long as I can anyway. I think that the Feds are using this immigration fiasco as a tool to push other things. I hope I'm wrong.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

VIP Member

re: 21bubba

Quote Originally Posted by 21bubba View Post
    I never thought this would happen ,but I agree. Except for your#1.

This would in effect put the responsibility of "law enforcement" in the hands of the private sector.
    This law is already on the books. Employers are already required to obtain documentation. The problem arises when some employers not only look the other way, but actively help illegals get false papers so they can be hired to do the work cheaply. This is what happened at the Kosher meat plant in Iowa--at least that was the allegation. I think this is what was alleged against Tyson in Arkansas. Employers often don't just look the other way, they participate in the fraud and the breaking of the immigration law.

I do understand that you don't want to be the cop and as an employer don't want the trouble and burden. I'd feel the same way if I was a small employer. But, I hope I would be ethical enough to not knowingly hire illegals. On a generous day I might buy one a bus ticket home and fix him up with a meal for the trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    It sounds as if you are in favor of illegal vigilantism. There is no such thing as legal off the book actions against people.

You seem to be saying it is OK to do illegal things to people and hide it off the books. I sure hope that isn't really what you meant.
    I'm not saying that I am in favor of illegal activty, I am just saying that it happens. In a city close to where I live, illegals are often the target of violence and robbery for several reasons-1. They often carry cash, 2.They don't call the cops, and 3. They are usually un armed.
    Add to that, the local roofing companies picking up gangs of illegal roofers and driving them 30 miles out into the country and dropping them off.
    Add to that an accident I saw from my front porch 2 years ago-
    A large gang of illegals had been bricking a house using scaffolding and doing a decent job. Then it happened, an uncompleted brick wall fell over on a worker. I saw the white boss using his cell phone so I assumed he had called the ambulance as one of the illegals was badly torn up. But nope, after about 5 minutes, they loaded him in the back of a pickup truck and drove away. Towards the river. Opposite of the hospital and urgent care facility that are within a mile of this spot. I called the cops. The illegals scattered, the ones they caught denied everything. The white boss denied everything. And that was the end of it.
    Did they dump him in the river? I don't know. I hope not.

Getting them out of this country is as much for our good as it is theirs. People here where I live are tired of it. Tired of the gov doing nothing. And people here are beginning to take action themselves.

As far as the revelations thing goes, I don't believe in the bible. So it reference means nothing to me.

I don't have a permit and I deal with illegals on a daily basis in my job.

What you see as backpedaling is actually the realization that contrary to what I usually post, they are human beings. I usually do see illegals as "less than human".

There was another post in a thread, not this one, that made me reconsider my stance on the issue. There was no "backpedaling" as you claim, but rather a publc aknowledgement that my previous post was wrong.

Maybe you should go back to school and learn to read, or I should learn to write more clearly. As for your being sick, call someone that cares, because I don't.

Biker
    Last edited by HotGuns; April 25th, 2010 at 08:42 PM. Reason: quoting edited statement

As we both know, there are times when it is legal to kill another human being.

I am frustrated and angry. Angry at the federal government for failing to do it's job. Angry at the Ranchers and Farmers that hire them to produce thier produce or cattle. Angry at the Meat Packers and Construction Companies that use them to keep profit up and cost down.

In short, I AM ANGRY!

With that anger comes a devaluation of the human worth, much like the Peso. The misguided notion of the "hardworking mexican" that comes over here to better his station in life is misguided and far from correct for the majority of them, as far as I can see. Yes, I do see them as "less than human" generally, and they prove it to me daily in my interactions with them.

I'm tired and angry. If that offends, I don't much care. I realize that my views are draconian. Heck, you should see my views on crime and punishment. There would be no third offenses, as you would be executed after the second conviction.

As far as the Hunting Permit, the details would need to be worked out by the legislative body that enacted the law.

Biker
    Last edited by HotGuns; April 25th, 2010 at 08:44 PM. Reason: deleted quoted statement

Senior Moderator
    Get it back on track people!

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links