immigration bill

This is a discussion on immigration bill within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by morintp Whatever floats your boat. Read my posts or not, I really don't care. I have better things to do than worry ...

Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: immigration bill

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by morintp View Post
    Whatever floats your boat. Read my posts or not, I really don't care. I have better things to do than worry about trolls. Just don't pick out one sentence that you obviously didn't comprehend and then try to tell me to think before I post. Its apparent that I put a little more thought into my posts than you seem to put into yours.

If you read my posts, you'd see that is another thing I would love to see happen. Fence in and militarize our borders.
    You sure put a lot more words into a post then me. Funny thing is, we both seem to get our ideas across.

2. Remove Ads

I don't think anyone is going to acquiesce their stand on this issue.

We all agree that there is a problem.

We also agree that the Fed, whose responsibility it is to protect our borders, has dropped the ball. Both parties.

Because of the violent and extremity of the consequences of this issue, the citizens of Arizona, following the protocols of law, enacted this law. To preserve and to defend our families, our culture and in short, our way of life.

The time for diplomacy has passed. People are being killed everyday. Kidnappings and other outrages against human decency are not met with patience, any longer. Why do the invasive culture get defended? Why are the invaders identified as the victims?

We, the people of Arizona, are the victims. Victims of an oppressive Federal Gov't, who would sell the virtue of our families for a few measly votes. Who deliberately turn a blind eye to the atrocities on the southern border, they justify it for their own greedy pursuits. We elected the Fed to do their job in our name. They failed. So, in our own name; we will defend our borders, language and culture. If we fail, you'll all feel it from Arizona to Montana. San Diego to Bangor.

We discuss the ability to identify deadly threats on every thread in this forum. No warning shots. No duty to retreat. This is the castle doctrine in simple form.

America is our castle. Freedom is our culture. This is damn near a war, if we remain ignorant to the real threats that this invasion carries.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Quote Originally Posted by BikerRN View Post
    In my case it's because I have had enough with illegal aliens.
    It's time to declare war and stack their bodies like cordwood. Illegal aliens should be killed when found.

Maybe then they would stop coming over here.

Biker

EDIT TO ADD:
    The above comment was made out of anger and frustration with the situation we are in as a nation. I'm tired of having to speak a foriegn language in my own country. I am tired of being made to wait at the hospital because some illegal, that is never going to pay for the services he or she receives, wants their dehydration and blisters, and subsequent renal failure, treated. I am tired of paying for their children to go to our schools, at our expense, and having to teach them in their native tongue. I am tired of mexicans from mexico siphoning off from us and then going home like we are the "money tap".
    I am in no way advocating committing illegal acts. If the laws were different however, and one could purchase an illegal hunting permit, with the situation being what it is now, I would do so. I see illegals as less than human because I've seen too many of them, and the problems they create.

If that makes me a racist, call me a racist. I don't much care.
    My friend, it is a dangerous place to be when we allow our feelings and beliefs to devalue human life to the point we would advocate, entertain, or stand by, while any people were harmed,violated, or otherwise destoyed. Believe me when I say I feel very strongly and advocate sending illegal immigrants back home. But we must not compromise our integrity and positions as the champions to this world as leaders of freedom and staunch supporters of human and civil rights to accomplish this. There are movements in this country aimed at putting a boot up the rear of the Federal Goverment to make them do their jobs. I implore you to take a deep breath and think about your position. I do not believe that you could really feel as you do and also believe in America. History has shown us what happens when we get caught up in the heat of issues and allow our emotions and frustrations to guide our actions.

Senior Moderator
    History has shown us what happens when we get caught up in the heat of issues and allow our emotions and frustrations to guide our actions.
    History has also shown us that when topics get sidetracked they get closed. BikerRN has stated how he feels to anyone that cares. There is no use taking issue with it, but if you insist, take it to Private Messaging. If not, we close this one and be done with it. Move on and discuss the originial topic.

I am not speaking of this again.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    I don't think anyone is going to acquiesce their stand on this issue.

We all agree that there is a problem.

We also agree that the Fed, whose responsibility it is to protect our borders, has dropped the ball. Both parties.

Because of the violent and extremity of the consequences of this issue, the citizens of Arizona, following the protocols of law, enacted this law. To preserve and to defend our families, our culture and in short, our way of life.

The time for diplomacy has passed. People are being killed everyday. Kidnappings and other outrages against human decency are not met with patience, any longer. Why do the invasive culture get defended? Why are the invaders identified as the victims?

We, the people of Arizona, are the victims. Victims of an oppressive Federal Gov't, who would sell the virtue of our families for a few measly votes. Who deliberately turn a blind eye to the atrocities on the southern border, they justify it for their own greedy pursuits. We elected the Fed to do their job in our name. They failed. So, in our own name; we will defend our borders, language and culture. If we fail, you'll all feel it from Arizona to Montana. San Diego to Bangor.

We discuss the ability to identify deadly threats on every thread in this forum. No warning shots. No duty to retreat. This is the castle doctrine in simple form.

America is our castle. Freedom is our culture. This is damn near a war, if we remain ignorant to the real threats that this invasion carries.
    Very well said.

VIP Member

HG Close this thread please

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    History has also shown us that when topics get sidetracked they get closed. BikerRN has stated how he feels to anyone that cares. There is no use taking issue with it, but if you insist, take it to Private Messaging. If not, we close this one and be done with it. Move on and discuss the originial topic.

I am not speaking of this again.
    HG- yes, please close this thread. It has degenerated the point where at least two participants are openly promoting illegality; one thinks vigilantism is a decent answer to getting illegals out of his state and another just wants a hunting license with an open season on human beings.

No, changed my mind. Don't close this. How about just enforcing forum rules about not promoting or inciting illegal acts, and removing the posts of the offenders.

There is something morally loathsome and bankrupt about what some people are speaking of. Yes, I know it is out of frustration, but it is also beyond what should be allowed.

I feel the law is a step in the right direction, as we all know something must be done to protect our borders and way of life. Maybe this law can be tweeked to ensure that there are procedures in place to make sure legals are not harrassed. I wonder if this law is more of a statement to the Fed Gov that the people are fed up with this problem, than meant to actually solve the issue. I would be curious as to how the state can substain the financial ability to deport these illegals on a long term basis. Does anyone have any insight or idea on this?

Grijalva calls for economic boycott of Arizona

TUCSON (KGUN9-TV) - Congressman Raul Grijalva is leading the charge for big businesses to ban Arizona and spend their convention money in other states.

I wasn't planning a trip to Arizona this year, but i haven't visited Meteor Crater or the Grand Canyon since the late 70's. I think a visit to Arizona is long overdue.
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. ~ Albert Einstein

Sig P229 DAK - .40 S&W
    Ruger SP101 - .357 Mag

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    HG- yes, please close this thread. It has degenerated the point where at least two participants are openly promoting illegality; one thinks vigilantism is a decent answer to getting illegals out of his state and another just wants a hunting license with an open season on human beings.

No, changed my mind. Don't close this. How about just enforcing forum rules about not promoting or inciting illegal acts, and removing the posts of the offenders.

There is something morally loathsome and bankrupt about what some people are speaking of. Yes, I know it is out of frustration, but it is also beyond what should be allowed.
    I think the issue has been resolved. I am ready to get back on track for a good discussion about this bill, its language, and what it means to all concerned without the drama and illegal talk. I have questions that I would like answered, and am ready to listen and respond...so lets go.

Distinguished Member
    To me it's cut and dried, they are INVADING our Country, ignoring the recognized border between Mexico and USA.

What upsets me also is the fact they leave the hell hole of Mexico behind them, and bring that same culture here, while looking for a better life, so they say.

If I was the Governor of Arizona, and was not allowed to send them back to Mexico, I darn well would put them on a bus and ship them to Washington, DC. Let the Feds enjoy all they bring to this great country of ours.

In my opinion, there is nothing at all wrong with racial profiling, you can profile, and not be a "racist or bigot" very easy to do.

Z
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

Quote Originally Posted by SleepingZ View Post
    Give that Gov a PBR!!!!! Waaaaay past due.

Lets see, I have to produce my "papers" while I drive

For my CDL, I had to produce my papers, and get a fingerprint done.

For my CCP, I had to produce a birth certificate, drivers license, and another fingerprint set.

I opened a small CD at a bank, 3 of the 4 people there know me by name as I walk in, but guess what, I had to produce my papers again.

I want to go hunting or fishing, the Conservation Officer can make me produce my papers even if I was not breaking any laws.

I want to purchase a new pistol, guess what, I first have to go to my local Sheriff's office and produce my papers, then wait 5 days for more papers to produce when I want to purchase a hand gun.

Now I want to buy a hand gun, again I produce my new papers, and fill out more paper work.

To legally drive a truck, I now must have a "medical certificate" , yes more papers to produce, and I have to produce papers to receive the medical certificate.

The more I think about it, the madder I get, so any of you that have your "feelings" hurt, because you might have to produce papers if you get caught doing something wrong-----to bad.

Z

Well said..
    You may not like guns. You may choose not to own one. That is your right.
    You might not believe in God. That is your choice.
    However, if someone breaks into your home at 3AM the first two things you are going to do are:
    1) Call someone with a gun.
    2)Pray they get there in time." - A wise man

VIP Member

re: SleepingZ

Quote Originally Posted by SleepingZ View Post
    To me it's cut and dried, they are INVADING our Country, ignoring the recognized border between Mexico and USA.

In my opinion, there is nothing at all wrong with racial profiling, you can profile, and not be a "racist or bigot" very easy to do.

Z
    The problem with the new AZ law is NOT that it will affect the folks who are here illegally. The problem is that it will affect people who are naturalized US citizens, and citizens who have been born here but look different. If someone can come up with a "profile" that targets only illegals, I would have no problem with the new law. But, that is not possible. US citizens will get arrested if this is permitted to stand.

We have had so very many people post here in other threads about how upset they were when stopped at an inland border checkpoint and questioned briefly, or merely been given a close look. We have had so many post here about how concerned they are that our society is degenerating into a "papers please" society.

There are simply better ways to deal with the illegal immigrant problem than creating a law which harms some US citizens and not others.

It is fine for those not immediately affected to say that doesn't concern them, but you know, draconian legislation has a way of getting out of hand. First it doesn't affect you or your neighbor. Then it affects your neighbor a mile away. Then your next door neighbor, and finally they come for you.

We all know that drill from history.

VIP Member

re: Glockman10mm

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    I think the issue has been resolved. I am ready to get back on track for a good discussion about this bill, its language, and what it means to all concerned without the drama and illegal talk. I have questions that I would like answered, and am ready to listen and respond...so lets go.
    Could you list those questions for us so that the collective we paying attention to this forum might give them consideration and response?

Thanks.

The problem with the new AZ law is NOT that it will affect the folks who are here illegally. The proble is that it will affect people who are naturalized US citizens, and citizens who have been born here but look different. If someone can come up with a "profile" that target only illegals, I would have no problem with the new law. But, that is not possible. US citizens will get arrested if this is permitted to stand.

We have had so very many people post here in other threads about how upset they were when stopped at an inland border checkpoint and questioned briefly, or merely been given a close look. We have had so many post here about how concerned they are that our society is degenerating into a "papers please" society.

There are simply better ways to deal with the illegal immigrant problem than creating a law which harms some US citizens and not others.

It is fine for those not immediately affected to say that doesn't concern them, but you know, draconian legislation has a way of getting out of hand. First it doesn't affect you or your neighbor. Then it affects your neighbor a mile away. Then your next door neighbor, and finally they come for you.

Do we all know that drill? Apparently not. Our immigration laws are not being enforced, so we pass more laws? Maybe we should do that with gun control laws. Guns are still getting into the hands of felons. Maybe we need tighter laws such as closing the gun show loophole to stop that, since the goverment isn't doing its job there.

The problem with the new AZ law is NOT that it will affect the folks who are here illegally. The problem is that it will affect people who are naturalized US citizens, and citizens who have been born here but look different. If someone can come up with a "profile" that targets only illegals, I would have no problem with the new law. But, that is not possible. US citizens will get arrested if this is permitted to stand.

Could you list those questions for us so that the collective we paying attention to this forum might give them consideration and response?

Thanks.
    My first question is how will the new AZ law solve the problem, are they going to fund the exportation of illegals themselves? Thats the first one.

Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Links