Any other Enumerators?

Any other Enumerators?

This is a discussion on Any other Enumerators? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I'm going through training this week to begin work as an Enumerator for the U.S. Census Bureau. Any of you guys happen to be doing ...

Any other Enumerators?

I'm going through training this week to begin work as an Enumerator for the U.S. Census Bureau. Any of you guys happen to be doing the same?

District 5 worker here.

Not me? What does an Enumerator do?

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    Not me? What does an Enumerator do?
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

Quote Originally Posted by kazzaerexys View Post
    That's what I thought!

They follow up on every household that didn't mail in their census. Mainly they get doors slammed in their face.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

I sent back the one that came to my sister's house, in the box asking for the number of people living in the house, I put one. Everything else had a great big N/A on it, per our Constitution.
    I am curious as whether an enumerator will show up and try and tell me/her that I/She needs to complete the form. To which I shall reply, show me the law where it states I have to provide the names, gender, race, etc.
    I'll be sure to have a copy of Article I, Section 2, Clause 3 of the U.S. Constitution. Should be interesting. Should this come by mail, I plan on mailing back just the above.
    “The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.”

Patrick Henry
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus
    If it is ok to disarm legal citizens to reduce crime, then doesn't it stand to disband the military to prevent war?

I have every assurance that the Census will only use information you give them for STATISTICAL PURPOSES ONLY. Once they're done with the form(s) you fill out, the forms are shredded. No information will be shared with (i.e. given or sold to) any other government nor private agency. I hope you have the same understanding.

Every question has a specific reason for showing up on the questionnaire you fill out. Mostly, they're for Congress to make decisions about representation, zoning, funding, etc. SRS BSNS.

Quote Originally Posted by FreeDelivery View Post

I have every assurance...
    Now that's funny right there!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by FreeDelivery View Post
    I have every assurance that the Census will only use information you give them for STATISTICAL PURPOSES ONLY. Once they're done with the form(s) you fill out, the forms are shredded. No information will be shared with (i.e. given or sold to) any other government nor private agency. I hope you have the same understanding.

Every question has a specific reason for showing up on the questionnaire you fill out. Mostly, they're for Congress to make decisions about representation, zoning, funding, etc. SRS BSNS.

Just like we had every assurance that a certain head of a certain country was not anti-gun....

And, to use any racial or gender information for government dollars is discrimination and racism. After all, isn't it the Declaration of Independence that says all men are created equal? What does skin color have to do with any of that?

To me, it needs to be Enumeration and only enumeration. Anything else is not only unconstitutional, but immoral.
    “The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.”

Patrick Henry
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus
    If it is ok to disarm legal citizens to reduce crime, then doesn't it stand to disband the military to prevent war?

Links