Constitution

Constitution

This is a discussion on Constitution within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Maybe it's just me but I've heard the words Constitution and Constitutional on TV, radio and on the internet a lot more lately then just ...

Thread: Constitution

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar

Talking Constitution

Maybe it's just me but I've heard the words Constitution and Constitutional on TV, radio and on the internet a lot more lately then just a few years ago. It seems as if Americans are waking up to and understanding what the Constitution actually is

Have you noticed this as well?

Yep. I have been preaching it for years. I think a lot are waking up to what they have a chance of losing.
    “The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.”

Patrick Henry
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus
    If it is ok to disarm legal citizens to reduce crime, then doesn't it stand to disband the military to prevent war?

VIP Member
    I agree...there have been more instances of those words being used. THE PROBLEM IS MOST OF THE TIME THE PERSON USING THEM DOESN'T HAVE A CLUE WHAT THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT.

A lot of them say this is 'Un-Constitutional' or that is 'Un-Constitutional', without actually knowing what they are talking about. I seem to still see a lot of mis-understanding on the easiest of all the Amendments....The SECOND!

Here are a couple of other examples:

1- Recently Arizona passed a 'toughened' ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION bill. The open borders crowd has gone nuts, saying that the laws are ''Un-Constitutional'.......WRONG!, for several reasons, one being that the Federal government has similar laws but hasn't been enforcing them!

Another couple of reasons can be found in the Constitution:
    Article IV section 4- The United States shall guarantee to every state in this union a republican form of government; & shall protect each of them against invasion; & on application of legislature,.......
    Clearly the federal government has not stopped the 'invasion' in Arizona, nor have they enforced the existing laws....so Arizona is going to do it themselves!

Also from the 10th Amendment:
    The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.
    In this case, the state can do as it pleases..........

2- Another thing that really gripes me is when people claim the NON-EXISTENT Constitutional claim of 'Separation of church & state.' Those words DO NOT EXIST IN THE CONSTITUTION!....if you don't believe me go read it for yourself....& then come back & reply. Here are the words from the 1st Amendment:
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Remember the BOLDED part next Christmas when the atheists start attacking religious displays on government property!
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    I read recently that the SCOTUS has interpreted the Constitutions' intent of the qualifications for the POTUS are a father and mother who are both natural born citizens of the U.S. Even if Obama produces a birth certificate, only his birth mother was a natural born citizen and he is ineligible to be POTUS. It should only be a matter of time before the SHTF.

Constitution? We still have one of those?

Actually, the Constitution is seriously flawed. They should have included a copy of a dictionary with it, and they should have left out Art 1, Sect 8. The general welfare clause is a travesty...at least according to current interpretation.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

Sponsored Links