Americansnipers.org

Americansnipers.org

This is a discussion on Americansnipers.org within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Has anyone donated to this site yet, www.americansnipers.org? I purchased a wrist band and dog tags but never received anything. Just wondering if anyone else ...

Thread: Americansnipers.org

Americansnipers.org

Has anyone donated to this site yet, www.americansnipers.org? I purchased a wrist band and dog tags but never received anything. Just wondering if anyone else ordered anything. It isn't that big of a deal as long as my money went for the snipers but they should have let me know. I have sent them three emails and got no replies.
    George Washington: "A free people ought to be armed."

VIP Member
    I did too.... and same as you I have not recieved my wristband
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Anyone else?

Senior Member Array older gunner's Avatar
    Sounds like you were conned. What do you think?

JT
    americansnipers.org is not a con. I’ll vouch for them, and so will a bunch of people over at snipers hide

I donated to them. In fact I posted a thread about them about a month ago...

http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin...ead.php?t=9548

It took 2-3 weeks, but I received my three bracelets. They say on their web site that it may take a little time, due to demand.

Also, in case you didn't know, the guys at Americansniper are volunteers doing this out of their garages. They are doing this in their “spare time” when they are not working, so sometimes there will be delays.
    Last edited by JT; June 7th, 2006 at 08:13 PM.
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Senior Member Array older gunner's Avatar
    JT: Thanks for the update. Glad to hear it's legit.

As long as it goes to the cause.

VIP Member
    On my right wrist now there is a metal bracelet with the inscription:

AmericanSnipers.org
    3/25 WPNS CO. SSP US Marines

Did a bit of search
    3rd Battalion, 25th Marines The 3rd Battalion, 25th Marines' mission is to locate, close with, and destroy the enemy by fire and maneuver or to repel their assault by fire and close combat. Additionally, the Battalion is prepared to augment active Marine Forces in case of national emergency. The Battalion stands ready to answer the nation’s call at home and abroad.

The 3rd Battalion, 25th Marines also stretches across a vast area. Headquarters & Service Company is situated in Brookpark, Ohio; India Company is located in Buffalo, New York; Kilo Company is the southernmost, head quartered in Moundsville, West Virginia; Lima Company is located in Columbus, Ohio; and Weapons Company is located in Akron, Ohio.

The Marines of 3rd Battalion, 25th Marines have a distinguished reputation. During the battle for Iwo Jima, our battalion was tasked with the securing of Airfield One, then further tasked with pushing northward into the heart of the Japanese defenses. Colonel Justice Marino Chambers received the Congressional Medal of Honor for his actions as the Commander of 3/25 during the battle of Iwo Jima. His citation reads, in part, that while “exposed to relentless fire, he coolly reorganized his battle-weary men, inspiring them to heroic efforts by his own valor and in leading an attack on the critical, impregnable high ground.” His medals are displayed in the trophy case located at H&S Brookpark, Ohio.
    Last edited by Miggy; June 19th, 2006 at 08:23 PM.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

I now have the wrist band, dog tag and sticker on the rear window of my car. I have to appologize as I got a bit impatient when I contacted them and got no replies. I now understand that they do this in their spare time and help the troops. Because I was such an idiot and was wondering if it was legit I am going to go make another donation and ask for nothing in return. I am so ashamed of the fact that I got impatient. Getting help to our troops is all that really matters.

JT
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugerman
    I now have the wrist band, dog tag and sticker on the rear window of my car. I have to appologize as I got a bit impatient when I contacted them and got no replies. I now understand that they do this in their spare time and help the troops. Because I was such an idiot and was wondering if it was legit I am going to go make another donation and ask for nothing in return. I am so ashamed of the fact that I got impatient. Getting help to our troops is all that really matters.
    I donít think you were being an idiot, Rugerman. There are a lot of scams going on, so itís natural to wonder when it takes a while. When I sent mine in, I knew a lot about them from sniperís hide, so I had plenty of references to go on.
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

JT
    Quote Originally Posted by Miggy
    On my right wrist now there is a metal bracelet with the inscription:

AmericanSnipers.org
    3/25 WPNS CO. SSP US Marines
    One of the three I got (the one I wear - The other two were for my wife and daughter) is the 3/25 Marine WPNS CO SSP.

The memorial page really puts in all in persepective:
    http://www.mfr.usmc.mil/4thmardiv/25...n/Memorial.htm

Links