The Beast is complete "my new system I built" - Page 2

The Beast is complete "my new system I built"

This is a discussion on The Beast is complete "my new system I built" within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; It's a shame it is already obsolete (technological advancements theoretically doubles every second). Nice build though. Not having the skills, let alone the time to ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Beast is complete "my new system I built"

It's a shame it is already obsolete (technological advancements theoretically doubles every second).

Nice build though.

Not having the skills, let alone the time to build my own, I had to resort to dumping $1800 to Sony for the latest and greatest in laptops. I do know what is involved and I can appreciate your efforts.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Senior Member Array Daddy Warcrimes's Avatar
    Next time, get 3 matching HDD (or better yet SSDs) and a RAID controller.

Oh, and use Ubuntu instead of Windows :)

Question: You have no Blu-Ray and are not a gamer, so I'm assuming this is not a home entertainment machine. Why did you want HDMI?
    "and suddenly I can not hold back my sword hand's anger"

DaddyWarcrimes.com

VIP Member
    Boy do I feel stone-aged! I just got a new solar calculator with BIG keys......
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

My typewriter still has the legs and the red/black ribbon. That's how technically astute I am.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

If I may ask, why did you chose the "ATI Radeon HD4670" over other faster cards?
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

Quote Originally Posted by hudsonvalley View Post
    i just bought some more #2 pencils.........
    i have a red pencil box
    NRA LIFE MEMBER SCOPE MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Warcrimes View Post
    Next time, get 3 matching HDD (or better yet SSDs) and a RAID controller.

Oh, and use Ubuntu instead of Windows :)

Question: You have no Blu-Ray and are not a gamer, so I'm assuming this is not a home entertainment machine. Why did you want HDMI?
    The MoBo has onboard RAID but I have no need for it at the moment. As for SSD's they are still not large enough and are very expensive. I backup often and I will always run Windows and I love Windows 7. I have used flavors of Linux before and I don't have anything against it but I need to know what I support. My clients don't run Ubuntu.

I wanted the HDMI out so I could connect it to my HDTV. Much more fun to view pictures on it.

Quote Originally Posted by tbrenke View Post
    If I may ask, why did you chose the "ATI Radeon HD4670" over other faster cards?
    I choose that video card because of the price and it had HDMI out. It also had positive reviews and fit my needs. I have the ability to run 3 PCI Express 2 video cards in SLI if I desire. Granted I would have to upgrade the PSU but I have options later on down the road if I desire a faster GPU.

I thought I was "State of the Art" when I had one of these:

Times have changed...

bosco
    Attached Images

I was going to ask about the video. You did not list the ati card in your original specs so I was wondering if you were indeed using on board video, and sound?
    Then I saw the updated list of components. Since you forgot to mention the video card in the original post it's clear your not a gamer. Gamers live for the newest greatest card.
    I'm not a gamer either but I am a computer geek. I tend to lead more toward programming than hardware though. I have rebuilt several systems over the years though.
    I do have to admit I am impressed with windows 7. My daughter machine, a Dell see got when she went away to school has been a pain in the area that meets the chair ever since she got it. Windows XP. We put windows 7 on it and it behaves much much better, It only took Microsoft 20 some years to finally get it right, or at least close to right.
    I plan on building myself a system maybe next year. This computer is 10 years old and starting to need a little TLC. I'm still running Windows Millennium.

Quote Originally Posted by TedBeau View Post
    I was going to ask about the video. You did not list the ati card in your original specs so I was wondering if you were indeed using on board video, and sound?
    Then I saw the updated list of components. Since you forgot to mention the video card in the original post it's clear your not a gamer. Gamers live for the newest greatest card.
    I'm not a gamer either but I am a computer geek. I tend to lead more toward programming than hardware though. I have rebuilt several systems over the years though.
    I do have to admit I am impressed with windows 7. My daughter machine, a Dell see got when she went away to school has been a pain in the area that meets the chair ever since she got it. Windows XP. We put windows 7 on it and it behaves much much better, It only took Microsoft 20 some years to finally get it right, or at least close to right.
    I plan on building myself a system maybe next year. This computer is 10 years old and starting to need a little TLC. I'm still running Windows Millennium.

The Asus P6T does not have onboard video. It does have onboard sound but it is fine for my needs. I did not notice I left it out in my original post.

If you are a true computer geek I hope you have seen Pirates of Silicon Valley. A true computer geek will have viewed it many times.

Pirates of Silicon Valley (1999) (TV)

Yes, it is time to build a new rig. I remember when I worked for Gateway and they gave us all a free copy of Windows Me.

Just got a new system myself. Dual-core something-or-other. A friend of mine built it as a custom gaming machine, but the guy he built it for backed out.
    It has a cool blue light inside with a glass side wall.

I love the wiring runs!!!!!!!!!

It looks easy to work on, if ever needed. Nice installs.

I just got a new solar calculator with BIG keys
    You'll love the big keys!

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

If I started right now I could probably be as smart as you guys are right now by the time I die, but you would continue to get smarter.

I wish I had some clue as to what any of that stuff even is.

I didn't get left behind, I just didn't get on the bus.
    If I gave a crap about what you think about my guns.....it was early this morning and I already flushed it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links