The Beast is complete "my new system I built" - Page 2

The Beast is complete "my new system I built"

This is a discussion on The Beast is complete "my new system I built" within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; It's a shame it is already obsolete (technological advancements theoretically doubles every second). Nice build though. Not having the skills, let alone the time to ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Beast is complete "my new system I built"

It's a shame it is already obsolete (technological advancements theoretically doubles every second).

Nice build though.

Not having the skills, let alone the time to build my own, I had to resort to dumping $1800 to Sony for the latest and greatest in laptops. I do know what is involved and I can appreciate your efforts.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Senior Member Array Daddy Warcrimes's Avatar
    Next time, get 3 matching HDD (or better yet SSDs) and a RAID controller.

Oh, and use Ubuntu instead of Windows :)

Question: You have no Blu-Ray and are not a gamer, so I'm assuming this is not a home entertainment machine. Why did you want HDMI?
    "and suddenly I can not hold back my sword hand's anger"

DaddyWarcrimes.com

VIP Member
    Boy do I feel stone-aged! I just got a new solar calculator with BIG keys......
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

My typewriter still has the legs and the red/black ribbon. That's how technically astute I am.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

If I may ask, why did you chose the "ATI Radeon HD4670" over other faster cards?
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

Quote Originally Posted by hudsonvalley View Post
    i just bought some more #2 pencils.........
    i have a red pencil box
    NRA LIFE MEMBER SCOPE MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Warcrimes View Post
    Next time, get 3 matching HDD (or better yet SSDs) and a RAID controller.

Oh, and use Ubuntu instead of Windows :)

Question: You have no Blu-Ray and are not a gamer, so I'm assuming this is not a home entertainment machine. Why did you want HDMI?
    The MoBo has onboard RAID but I have no need for it at the moment. As for SSD's they are still not large enough and are very expensive. I backup often and I will always run Windows and I love Windows 7. I have used flavors of Linux before and I don't have anything against it but I need to know what I support. My clients don't run Ubuntu.

I wanted the HDMI out so I could connect it to my HDTV. Much more fun to view pictures on it.

Quote Originally Posted by tbrenke View Post
    If I may ask, why did you chose the "ATI Radeon HD4670" over other faster cards?
    I choose that video card because of the price and it had HDMI out. It also had positive reviews and fit my needs. I have the ability to run 3 PCI Express 2 video cards in SLI if I desire. Granted I would have to upgrade the PSU but I have options later on down the road if I desire a faster GPU.

I thought I was "State of the Art" when I had one of these:

Times have changed...

bosco
    Attached Images

I was going to ask about the video. You did not list the ati card in your original specs so I was wondering if you were indeed using on board video, and sound?
    Then I saw the updated list of components. Since you forgot to mention the video card in the original post it's clear your not a gamer. Gamers live for the newest greatest card.
    I'm not a gamer either but I am a computer geek. I tend to lead more toward programming than hardware though. I have rebuilt several systems over the years though.
    I do have to admit I am impressed with windows 7. My daughter machine, a Dell see got when she went away to school has been a pain in the area that meets the chair ever since she got it. Windows XP. We put windows 7 on it and it behaves much much better, It only took Microsoft 20 some years to finally get it right, or at least close to right.
    I plan on building myself a system maybe next year. This computer is 10 years old and starting to need a little TLC. I'm still running Windows Millennium.

Quote Originally Posted by TedBeau View Post
    I was going to ask about the video. You did not list the ati card in your original specs so I was wondering if you were indeed using on board video, and sound?
    Then I saw the updated list of components. Since you forgot to mention the video card in the original post it's clear your not a gamer. Gamers live for the newest greatest card.
    I'm not a gamer either but I am a computer geek. I tend to lead more toward programming than hardware though. I have rebuilt several systems over the years though.
    I do have to admit I am impressed with windows 7. My daughter machine, a Dell see got when she went away to school has been a pain in the area that meets the chair ever since she got it. Windows XP. We put windows 7 on it and it behaves much much better, It only took Microsoft 20 some years to finally get it right, or at least close to right.
    I plan on building myself a system maybe next year. This computer is 10 years old and starting to need a little TLC. I'm still running Windows Millennium.

The Asus P6T does not have onboard video. It does have onboard sound but it is fine for my needs. I did not notice I left it out in my original post.

If you are a true computer geek I hope you have seen Pirates of Silicon Valley. A true computer geek will have viewed it many times.

Pirates of Silicon Valley (1999) (TV)

Yes, it is time to build a new rig. I remember when I worked for Gateway and they gave us all a free copy of Windows Me.

Just got a new system myself. Dual-core something-or-other. A friend of mine built it as a custom gaming machine, but the guy he built it for backed out.
    It has a cool blue light inside with a glass side wall.

Senior Moderator
    I love the wiring runs!!!!!!!!!

It looks easy to work on, if ever needed. Nice installs.

I just got a new solar calculator with BIG keys
    You'll love the big keys!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"He went on two legs, wore clothes and was a human being, but nevertheless he was in reality a wolf of the Steppes. He had learned a good deal . . . and was a fairly clever fellow. What he had not learned, however, was this: to find contentment in himself and his own life. The cause of this apparently was that at the bottom of his heart he knew all the time (or thought he knew) that he was in reality not a man, but a wolf of the Steppes."

If I started right now I could probably be as smart as you guys are right now by the time I die, but you would continue to get smarter.

I wish I had some clue as to what any of that stuff even is.

I didn't get left behind, I just didn't get on the bus.
    If I gave a crap about what you think about my guns.....it was early this morning and I already flushed it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links