The Beast is complete "my new system I built"

The Beast is complete "my new system I built"

This is a discussion on The Beast is complete "my new system I built" within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I'm a computer geek and always will be. Computers have been my first love since I was 14. Below is my new rig. I know ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smile The Beast is complete "my new system I built"

I'm a computer geek and always will be. Computers have been my first love since I was 14. Below is my new rig. I know the specs won't mean much to some but I will give them anyways. I'm proud of this computer. I built it about 2 months ago but today it is complete with two new hard drives added and 1 more optical drive. Well not 100% complete as I just found 6 more Gigs of memory on sale at Amazon with free shipping and could not resist. Yes, the power supply sits at the bottom of the case which is rare to see.

Antec 300 case
    Corsair 550 Watt power supply
    Asus P6T Motherboard
    Intel i7 920 CPU running at 2.67 Ghz
    6 Gigs of Crucial DDR 3 (soon to be 12 Gigs)
    1 Gig MSI video card with HDMI output
    (1) WD Black 1TB HDD
    (2) WD Black 250 Gig HDD
    (2) Samsung DVD-W Supermulti SATA 22X Lightscribe optical drives
    Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

This system should last me for the next 5 years with ease

I have that same case stays really cool!

no blu ray?
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

Quote Originally Posted by dunndw View Post
    no blu ray?
    I have a blu-ray player already. Rather watch movies on a larger screen with 7.1 surround sound.

There is plenty of room to add one later though if I desire.

Senior Member Array hudsonvalley's Avatar
    I just bought some more #2 pencils.........
    Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
    ---Ronald Reagan

I am in dire need of a new computer and was thinking about doing the same thing(building one). Before I shop your parts list, do you mind letting us know how much you have in it. I'm sure you got everything you wanted, but is there any thing you had second thoughts on.
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I was impressed with the Antec 300 case...but then what do I know!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by cdwolf View Post
    I am in dire need of a new computer and was thinking about doing the same thing(building one). Before I shop your parts list, do you mind letting us know how much you have in it. I'm sure you got everything you wanted, but is there any thing you had second thoughts on.
    The Power supply/Motherboard/Memory/CPU, and Video card cost me 861.35 from Amazon. All with free shipping. The links are below.
    The two optical drives cost me 60.98 with free shipping. The case was was 59.95 and I had pre-orderd Windows 7 Pro for 99.99 with free shipping as well so the grand total was just over 1200.

EDIT: Being that I just spent another 170 tonight on 6 more Gigs of DDR3 that brings the total close to 1400.

A lot of the parts have come down in price which I always hate seeing but it happens. I have no second thoughts as I research what I buy very thoroughly before I do. A lot of my components have been awarded Maximum PC kick ass awards for their quality and speed. It is not easy to get a Maximum PC kick ass award.

Reviews Technology, Computer Reviews, PC Reviews | Maximum PC - All of the Best Software and Hardware Reviews | Maximum PC

Motherboard - Amazon.com: ASUS P6T - LGA 1366 - X58 - DDR3 - ATX Motherboard: Electronics

Intel i7 CPU - Amazon.com: Intel Core i7 Processor i7-920 2.66GHz 8 MB LGA1366 CPU BX80601920: Electronics

Power supply - Amazon.com: Corsair CMPSU TX Series 80 Plus Certified Power Supply compatible with Intel Core i7 and Core i5: Electronics

Video card - Amazon.com: MSI ATI Radeon HD4670 1 GB DDR3 VGA/DVI/HDMI PCI-Express Video Card R4670-MD1G: Electronics

6 Gigs of DDR3 - Amazon.com: Crucial CT3KIT25664BA1067 6GB 2GBx3 240-pin PC3-8500 DIMM DDR3 3-Channel Memory KIT: Electronics

Antec 300 Case - Amazon.com: Antec Three Hundred Gaming Case External 3 X 5.25; Internal 6 X 3.5 2*Usb2.0: Electronics

(2) Optical drives - Amazon.com: Samsung Internal Half Height DVD-W Supermulti SATA 22X Lightscribe (Black): Electronics

The 1TB WD Black from Best Buy was 125 plus tax. I went with a retail box because it comes with a 5 year warranty. OEM drives for 99bucks only come with a 1 year. It is now 99.99 on their web site.

Western Digital - Caviar Black 1TB Internal Serial ATA Hard Drive for Desktops - WD10000LSRTL 1TB&cp=1&lp=4

If you want any advice let me know. Computers are my world.

Is there a "remote control" someplace that I missed??
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Quote Originally Posted by First Sgt View Post
    Is there a "remote control" someplace that I missed??
    I'm the remote control

Looks like a powerful set up! Nice job on organizing and routing of the wiring!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Distinguished Member Array mathewsman's Avatar
    nice
    NRA sence 2003 Colt defender Taurus .357 mag
    Taurus tcp x box gamer tag mathewsman

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Looks like a powerful set up! Nice job on organizing and routing of the wiring!
    The system is scary fast and I take pride in my builds. Thanks for taking notice. That makes me feel good on the inside.

In the future you may want to check your parts N pieces price-wise, against Newegg.com.

ATI Radeon, blah.. I'm a nvidia fan.. but overall a nice system.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal...

Alabama Constitution of 1901 - That every citizen has a right to bear arms in defense of himself and the state.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhamrichard View Post
    In the future you may want to check your parts N pieces price-wise, against Newegg.com.

ATI Radeon, blah.. I'm a nvidia fan.. but overall a nice system.
    I love Newegg but they did not have free shipping and most of the prices at Amazon where better. I did a side by side with Amazon and Newegg and Amazon won every time. You can't beat free shipping.

I'm not a hardcore gamer anymore so the video card was not an issue. I just wanted a good video card with HDMI out and it fit the bill. I know there are much better cards out there but I was building this for my needs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links