RamRod - Page 2

RamRod

This is a discussion on RamRod within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by HotGuns Never seen grapefruit sized hail.I'm pretty sure I dont want too... I'm positive I don't want to....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RamRod

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Never seen grapefruit sized hail.I'm pretty sure I dont want too...
    I'm positive I don't want to.
    64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    I'm glad to here your ok and HotGuns also, my apologies HotGuns, I dang well forgot you were over there also. I'm glad to see you both posting, let's us know your all ok. I'm giving my best wishes and prayers for all friends/family members through out the States being hit or that have been.

I'm with everyone also, hate those tornados'. I'd love to be able to afford a Tornado shelter or build a affordable one since we don't have basements down here, that getting in the corner garbage or the room deepest into the house is LOL
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

Never seen grapefruit sized hail.I'm pretty sure I don't want too...
    Quote Originally Posted by morintp View Post
    I'm positive I don't want to.
    Want to has nothing to do with it...it just happens. Down a full grown cow no problem. Lasts maybe a minute at most and seems like forever. The sky and the aura are green. It changes the world in an instant and your outlook on life at the time. I still visit Kansas regularly despite these facts.

Senior Moderator
    Its ugly here and I'm on satellite. The one thing I hate about satellite is that every time a thunder boomer comes up we lose the signal. It gets frustrating when you are trying to post and the net goes dead or you lose power. We were lucky, our power only went off about a dozen times. Lots of people lost theirs for at least several days. Lines down everywhere.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Alma....6-1-08. I was there. Gas and chainsaw, and lots of dents in the old Dodge pickup from golf-ball sized hail. That's me by the way helping clean up the rural community roadways.

Distinguished Member Array Gunnutty's Avatar
    We're getting some bad weather here in North central Arkansas and under a tornado watch until 4am.
    Last edited by Gunnutty; May 2nd, 2010 at 01:33 AM. Reason: clarity
    We will be much better off when we learn to deal with things as they really are, instead of how we wish them to be!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    All too often we're reminded that mother nature rules, and that we're powerless in her wake.
    I'm here near I-24 that became a wash of cars and at least one mobile home.

Scary that what might be a tornado siren is not a siren but a tornado. I heard a siren here, today. Wondered about it. Then the roar of the storm. Sure wondered about that, too. Sometimes we need to use ting jin - listening energy.

Everything ok in your part of the State over there?

To all our Members in the States being hit right now. Stay safe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    That right there shows we're all part of it and thinking about our brothers and sisters, concerned, caring, and supportive. I personally appreciate that, know what it's worth, and it gives me more support toward my better outlook on humanity as a whole. Count yourself among those whom which a universal energy flows, and above all, have a great weekend. Treat every day as if it were your last.
    We're never more powerful than when tuned to natural forces and willing to care for each other.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

I am glad you guys are OK! The power and speed of a tornado is amazing. I have seen a few, been to the aftermath of a few but I never been hit by one. I hope it stays that way.
    Here are a couple pictures of a 220,000 square foot plant in Roanoke IL. It was hit by an F4 tornado in 2004. There were several cars thrown into the building that the owners couldn't immediately be accounted for . My search team spent about 8 hours searching the structure, luckily everyone was accounted for. There were somewhere around 180 people inside when it hit. Thanks to sirens, tornado drills and safety shelters nobody was seriously injured.

If interested you can see more pictures at the link.

NWS Lincoln, IL -- July 13, 2004 Roanoke Tornado
    Attached Images
    Don't do things you don't want to explain to the Paramedics!

Stupidity should be painful.

A word of caution during clean-up, watch any trees you cut up. Some are loaded with literally TONS of energy and when you cut the wrong limb, you'll release it to wherever it wants to go. We lost a member of our fire company a few years ago while he was clearing a road of a partially downed oak tree. The part still standing, came down on him and two others who were helping.
    Try to figure out what that tree wants to do when you start working on it, and NEVER take your eyes off it. Leave yourself an escape route. Lastly, make sure there's no power lines tangled up in/under it before you get close.
    Be safe and I hope the worst weather is over for you now.
    Light travels faster than sound...thats why some people appear bright before they speak

We dodged a bullet over here. Ram rod, Gunnutty and hotguns glad you all are ok.
    Glock 36, 20, 30, 29, PX4 Storm SC 9mm, Colt Delta Elite, Colt Agent, Sig C3, Kimber CDP 2, Firestar 40

"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth" - George Washington
    Remember the first rule of gunfighting... "have a gun." - Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by Sandbagger View Post
    We dodged a bullet over here. Ram rod, Gunnutty and hotguns glad you all are ok.
    Same here, both dodging the bullet and well wishes for the rest of you.

Tornado last week about 10 miles southeast of us, but just a small drizzle yesterday. Thought it was going to rain all weekend and more, so I scalped my grass. Oh well, I get a few days' relief from grasscutting.

It'll be 95+ here soon enough, and these rains will be gone.

Been sitting here watching the rain since around 3am yesterday morning... And just wondering when it's going to let up. Half of the city is flooded, and lots of bridges and roads washed away throughout the state.

Already got the call from work to not even bother leaving out tonight since I'll have to go through Nashville any way I go to make my delivery in GA. Trying to look on the positive side, but nothing seems positive in all of this muck.
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

Hey RamRod. Long time no talk. I have not been on much latley either. I have thougt about you. Wondering where you ended up moving to. Hope things are going better for you now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links