RamRod

This is a discussion on RamRod within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Everything ok in your part of the State over there? To all our Members in the States being hit right now. Stay safe....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RamRod

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar

RamRod

Everything ok in your part of the State over there?

To all our Members in the States being hit right now. Stay safe.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

2. Remove Ads

Thanks for asking. I've been working way too much and away from this forum more than I'd like. I actually drove through some pretty heavy stuff yesterday afternoon on my way home from paying my dues. Wind gusts, heavy torrential downpours, and jelly bean sized ice from the sky. Called my wife to see if everything was okay at home. Leaving the great north of Springdale at around 3pm, I actually thought I saw a wall cloud in the south in the direction I was headed. South Fayetteville pretty much saw daylight turn into dark while the ice cube tray began to empty from the sky while I watched the truck in front of me get pelted while I could only listen to what was happening to mine at a stoplight. The FM radio elicited no warnings although I knew what was happening was bad....not as bad as I'd seen many times before growing up in the mid-west, but bad enough considering being trapped in bumper-to-bumper traffic for a six mile stretch on a Friday afternoon. East on highway 16 and the hills to the south seemed to want to invade the roadway with this sort of sweeping, dark gray, wet blanket while they disappeared in the darkness. Farther out and away from the collective, overpopulated, and stifling part of civilization termed northwest Arkansas showed me the way through a path of lakes and rivers across the highway with sandbars of gravel washed out from side roads, and a couple of snakes that weren't fast enough to get away from it all and met rubber. Onwards toward home through the deluge and the aftermath which proceeded me in my travel by about ten minutes. Last week was about the same scene on the same day with larger size hail. Needless to say, I'm more a fan of the fall season than spring. All too often we're reminded that mother nature rules, and that we're powerless in her wake.
    Everything ok in your part of the State over there?

To all our Members in the States being hit right now. Stay safe.
    That right there shows we're all part of it and thinking about our brothers and sisters, concerned, caring, and supportive. I personally appreciate that, know what it's worth, and it gives me more support toward my better outlook on humanity as a whole. Count yourself among those whom which a universal energy flows, and above all, have a great weekend. Treat every day as if it were your last.

Glad you're home safe and didn't have to break out the kayak for the last leg of the trip!

You're correct about the folks here at DC.com. Is very much like extended family around here. I never will forget the time you shipped me that Glock plug for free simply because you had some spares.

Again, glad you're home again!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Looks like round two is hitting tonight in Arkansas. Been lucky and everything has been going around me but hitting all the other folks.

You guys bunker down and stay safe!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

My best friend in the whole wide world lives in Jonesboro. I pray for all of my family whether here in the home state or elsewhere. I always will.

Senior Moderator
    Yesterday I thought the tornado siren was going off but it sounded pretty low.

It wasnt a siren, it was a tornado which passed just to the left of my property. It touched down a couple of miles away and luckily it only tore up some trees.I listened to the emergency traffic on my HT. That same tornado killed 3 that we know of in a little community out in the middle of nowhere called Scotland. We had quarter sized hail for awhile.

Today around 10am, I saw one of the most spectacular lightening displays I have ever seen. It rained hard for about an hour then turned into a beautiful day. We are about to get hit again.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

We got your weather from yesterday up here in MO today. No sleet or hail, just rain, flooding and lightning. Still raining now.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Senior Moderator
    The same storm we have looks like its hitting central Missouri right now.

I hate tornados. The last few years we have been getting tore up. I have about two dozen big oak trees down on the ground all helter skelter from last year.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

I've been wondering about some of you folks. Stay safe and don't blow away.

Senior Moderator
    Stay safe and don't blow away.
    Easier said than done sometimes.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    The same storm we have looks like its hitting central Missouri right now.

I hate tornados. The last few years we have been getting tore up. I have about two dozen big oak trees down on the ground all helter skelter from last year.
    So...do I need to take some time off and head down your way with a couple of chainsaws to get you to one of the OFGC steel challenge matches this year? Remember, I'm transplanted from Kansas. Ever seen grapefruit size hail? I hate tornadoes too.

Senior Moderator
    I'll make it up that way yet, Lord willing and the creek dont rise...

Never seen grapefruit sized hail.I'm pretty sure I dont want too...

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Lord willing and the creek dont rise...
    Just a quick question/thought.....Do you know the origin/meaning of the above phrase???

Hope everyone is OK while the storms are raging. I spent four years in Oklahoma City, so can definitely relate to the "siren" going off. As for hail...I despise it. Had been in Oklahoma City for a month and bought me a brand spanking new Chev Trailblazer..Got home after work..had 58 miles on it...parked in the drive and went in to have some supper..About 15 minutes later "all hail broke loose". I stood on my front porch under cover and watched golf ball size hail just beat the heck out of my new car. I felt so bad I wanted to throw up!!!

Stay safe and prayers are with everyone in the storms path.
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Twisters are a sight to behold. Literally a freight train!: Stay safe and remember..."it's always the quiet before the storm".
    "Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom" Gen. George Patton

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links