Only at Walmart

This is a discussion on Only at Walmart within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; OK. we all love to pick on Walmart. Personally I go there a lot! I was there the other day and as I was returning ...

Thread: Only at Walmart

Only at Walmart

OK. we all love to pick on Walmart. Personally I go there a lot! I was there the other day and as I was returning to my truck I noticed the girl in the car next to me had her door open a few inches and was doing something to the door. When I got closer I could see it was a 10 or so year old Pontiac Gran Prix. IT looked to be in fairly good shape for that old a car in Michigan. When I got to the back of my truck and was loading the bags in the truck I could see that she had the inner door panel off the drivers side door. She then proceeded to raise the window by hand. Apparently her power window is broken.
    I went and put my cart in the cart corral, and when I returned she had the hood up and was messing with the battery or something else under the hood to get the car started. Since she had her teen age boyfriend with her and seemed to know what she needed to do to fix the problem I didn't bother to ask if she needed help.

I still do not understand why everyone picks on the type of people that shop at Walmart.

2. Remove Ads

She could probably tear down the motor as well!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    She could probably tear down the motor as well!
    ...and kick your butt, too!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I've been working in a small town for the last year that is less of a suburb, and more of a "used to was" town. I commented to a coworker about how many pedestrians there were in town, and he asked me how I could belittle someone willing to walk to work to pay their way. It kinda sunk in. I'll bet you if she had twice as much, she could go ten times as far as me.
    I'm not a lawyer or a LEO, just a pantload with a computer.

Quote Originally Posted by TedBeau View Post
    OK. we all love to pick on Walmart. Personally I go there a lot! I was there the other day and as I was returning to my truck I noticed the girl in the car next to me had her door open a few inches and was doing something to the door. When I got closer I could see it was a 10 or so year old Pontiac Gran Prix. IT looked to be in fairly good shape for that old a car in Michigan. When I got to the back of my truck and was loading the bags in the truck I could see that she had the inner door panel off the drivers side door. She then proceeded to raise the window by hand. Apparently her power window is broken.
    I went and put my cart in the cart corral, and when I returned she had the hood up and was messing with the battery or something else under the hood to get the car started. Since she had her teen age boyfriend with her and seemed to know what she needed to do to fix the problem I didn't bother to ask if she needed help.

I still do not understand why everyone picks on the type of people that shop at Walmart.
    I don't pick on Wal Mart. I shop there regularly.
    What I gather from your post is that the car was in excellent shape for the year made. #2...she was looking hot and you think that her teen aged boyfriend couldn't cut it like you could and was far from being mechanically inclined. My advice? Next time, just jump in and be the man this gal has never seen and know your stuff. Know you can cure her problems...with the car and wherever else things might lead. Man-up. Personally, I hate to see women doing a man's job. It's not that they can't or shouldn't, but it's just that there seem to be lees men in the world these days and the girls have to what the guys should. Kudos to the girls that do it for themselves. The lack of real men pretty much dictates why they are doing it themselves. Women are survivors. Think about the wagon trains of the days of the old west. Childbirth. Women are survivors. Next time ignore the youthful "boyfriend"....fix her car.....and invite her to a nice Chinese restaurant. It is what it is, and you can make what you want of it. Next time, don't let the unmanly boyfriend get in the way. Just my opinion and the way I read it. Always be confident in yourself and your means. Opportunities don't come every day!

Links