Had to shoot a masked intruder yesterday. - Page 2

Had to shoot a masked intruder yesterday.

This is a discussion on Had to shoot a masked intruder yesterday. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Sorry, he took a head shot....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Had to shoot a masked intruder yesterday.

VIP Member
    Sorry, he took a head shot.
    I havenít heard any of the journalists who volunteered to be waterboarded asking to have their fingernails wrenched out with pliers, or electrodes attached to their genitals.

Administrator
    Don't mollycoddle the kid. He's 4 years old.
    You should have sent him out with a machete and told him not to come back in (& no dinner) until that raccoon was dead.

Quote Originally Posted by JonInNY View Post
    Not to pick nits, but actually, they are not rodents, but have their own genus: Procyon.
    Procyon or rodent.....They fit in the same hole.
    Nothing says more about how you feel, than a lead flower.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcorp View Post
    Procyon or rodent.....They fit in the same hole.
    Point well taken! This is true!
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    You should have sent him out with a machete and told him not to come back in (& no dinner) until that raccoon was dead.
    Thats kinda what I was thinking^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

We have got to stop raising these mamas boys. JK
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JonInNY View Post
    Point well taken! This is true!
    And if there are two doors there is a 50-50 chance there's a goat behind one and a raccoon behind the other.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    Their lawyer just filed against me in civil court claiming wrongful death. They are seeking twenty pounds of hamburger in damages.
    That explains the protest rally by the local NAAFC. (National Association for the Advancement of Furry Creatures)

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Funny hijack of my own thread.... When I was 13 I was doe hunting on my own (first time completely by myself). My father, in the interest of safety, only gave me 3 rounds. I shot a running doe high in the back at about 100 yds and broke her spine. I was so excited I missed my only two follow up shots when I was trying to finish her.

I was now out of ammo and she was still quite alive trying to crawl away on her front legs. I put my borrowed rifle down (Remington 7600 in .35 Rem.) and pulled my over sized Bowie knife and went in for the kill. She kicked the CRAP out of me but my dad would have thumped me good if I didn't finish her.

It was a true fight to the death with her life on the line. For me it was win or die trying with a serious beating from my old man in the balance. I finally jumped on her back and stabbed her through the neck. It was a mortal blow. The only problem was that I stabbed right through her neck and into my off hand. I sliced open my left hand thumb down to the bone and was bleeding like a stuck pig.
    I dressed her (first time for that too) and drug her back to the truck. I waited for my dad to come back to the truck at dark and he was very proud of me. We took her back to camp and then went and got stiched up.

It was a pretty crazy childhood.

To QK: I'll give Noah a few more years to train : )
    I havenít heard any of the journalists who volunteered to be waterboarded asking to have their fingernails wrenched out with pliers, or electrodes attached to their genitals.

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    Funny hijack of my own thread.... When I was 13 I was doe hunting on my own (first time completely by myself). My father, in the interest of safety, only gave me 3 rounds. I shot a running doe high in the back at about 100 yds and broke her spine. I was so excited I missed my only two follow up shots when I was trying to finish her.

I was now out of ammo and she was still quite alive trying to crawl away on her front legs. I put my borrowed rifle down (Remington 7600 in .35 Rem.) and pulled my over sized Bowie knife and went in for the kill. She kicked the CRAP out of me but my dad would have thumped me good if I didn't finish her.

It was a true fight to the death with her life on the line. For me it was win or die trying with a serious beating from my old man in the balance. I finally jumped on her back and stabbed her through the neck. It was a mortal blow. The only problem was that I stabbed right through her neck and into my off hand. I sliced open my left hand thumb down to the bone and was bleeding like a stuck pig.
    I dressed her (first time for that too) and drug her back to the truck. I waited for my dad to come back to the truck at dark and he was very proud of me. We took her back to camp and then went and got stiched up.

It was a pretty crazy childhood.

To QK: I'll give Noah a few more years to train : )
    Great Story atctimmy!

And remember... no more head shots on sick animals suspected of rabies in the future! It's important to get that stuff verified.

Rabies is nothing to mess with. It's contagious, no cure if not vaccinated within certain time frame, and fatal.

It's mandatory reporting for all health care providers. That's how serious it is.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links