2-year-old Mistakenly Sips white Russian

This is a discussion on 2-year-old Mistakenly Sips white Russian within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by ICTsnub But I never said yuk. Is that what went wrong? My experience explains a couple things as well....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2-year-old Mistakenly Sips white Russian

I guess it is

Quote Originally Posted by ICTsnub View Post
    But I never said yuk. Is that what went wrong?
    My experience explains a couple things as well.

2. Remove Ads

Why did they call the police,again??
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

It was a "crime scene" as the mother in the article state, I think because the dad didn't card his son; providing alcohol to minors isn't a light charge nowadays.

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    Actually, 10thmtn, I think that the best charge against the parents would be being a moron in public Geez, how much alcohol do they think that he actually drank? The full sip wouldn't hurt him, and it sounds like he didn't swallow very much, probably spitting most of it out. I just hate people that don't accept their own responsibility, and want to blame others for their own mistakes.
    "We are the people our parents warned us about!" J. Buffett

Sometimes we could still use public flogging!!!
    “The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.”

Patrick Henry
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus
    If it is ok to disarm legal citizens to reduce crime, then doesn't it stand to disband the military to prevent war?

Quote Originally Posted by WhoWeBePart1 View Post

Approves
    Quote Originally Posted by Plumberguy View Post
    The Dude to the parents: This aggerssion will not stand, man.
    Gotta love "The Dude"... He's a wise one!

Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    "Hey, careful man, there's a beverage here!"

I took a big spoonful of spicy mustard when I was in a Chinese restaurant at that age...I bet it was a lot worse (for me!) than a nip of White Russian. Those parents are idiots of the highest caliber - I prevent the following evidence:

Mom is 22. Dad is 35. Just sayin'.
    They named their kid Jadm. If it were JDAM, I'd give 'em a pass, but...Jadm?
    They called the frickin' police because their kid took a sip of what is not even that strong a drink. The POLICE.

Seriously, what's the matter with these people?
    They were raised by the government and expects the government to control every aspect of their life... Which is why they called the police.

They are morons... The epitome of what the donkey party sees in those they seek to control.

JMHO... Oh yeah, and they were definitely in it for a possible law suit.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Took the time to call the cops? ... I would have better things to do at the moment ... Like tending to my kid ...

"Hello police? I would like to report a waiter serving us a drink that we ordered ."
    I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

John Bernard Books

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by deadeye72 View Post
    How old is his daughter that she is ordering a cocktail? If she is old enough to be drinking, he must have been 14 when she was born. That is the problem today. Children having children.
    This is poorly written, but the father (35) ordered the White Russian, his daughter (otherwise not mentioned in the article, and presumably not from the same mother as Jadm?) had a Sprite ordered for her, and the mother (Smith, 22) ordered a Sex on the Beach. I can smell the classy from here...
    Last edited by OPFOR; May 4th, 2010 at 10:06 AM. Reason: I even confused myself with this one...doesn't anyone actually go to journalism school anymore?
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

And why is it BOTH parents are drinking?
    When I was that age, if my parents wanted an evening out with grown-up friends, they found a sitter, or dropped us off with Grandma.

And how grossly irresponsible is it to expect the waiter to double as baby sitter for her toddler while she's gulping mixed drinks?

Edit: And the boy's name, Jadm... reminds me of a "single mom" I dated once way back when who had a son named Cevin (pronounced Kevin) A real piece of work.

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    Initial response: big fat hairy deal. I believe I took my first steps for a sip of my uncle's beer.

Second response: she called the cops????? I hope they arrested her for letting the kid drink the alcohol, because certainly nobody at the restaurant committed any crime.
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

Maybe they need a refresher in parenting.

Quote Originally Posted by Plumberguy View Post
    The Dude to the parents: This aggerssion will not stand, man.

this happened to my son. an after dinner drink was placed on the table. i tasted it twice and couldn't taste any alcohol, so i thought it was just a treat for the boy. he took a couple of sips and then the waitress came back. i asked her what the drink was and she said it was an alcoholic drink. we laughed and paid the check and left. end of story.

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    My boy got a sip of my Crown and 7 one night. The wife screamed "he has your drink"! He spilled more down the front of his shirt than he imbibed. Lesson learned not to keep drink on end table while getting hot wings out of the oven.

What a crazy, upsidedown world we live in.
    The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links