2-year-old Mistakenly Sips white Russian
2-year-old mistakenly sips white Russian at Boston eatery - BostonHerald.com
Wow. Sounds like a bit of over-reaction by the parents. My son grabbed my beer off the end table and took a sip before we could get it away from him. We didn't freak out and call for paramedics. If anything, I think the waiter delivered the drinks to the parents. The kid took it out of the parent's possession. The parents are the ones providing alcohol to minors.
South Boston toddler Jadm Moschella apparently thought he’d hit the motherload Saturday night when, while out to dinner with his parents and stepsister, he reached for a glass and began drinking - a white Russian intended for his dad!
“It’s white and he thought it was milk. He took one sip and started gagging,” said 2-year-old Jadm’s outraged mother, Jessica Smith, 22, who immediately called police from her table at the Rainbow Dragon restaurant on West Broadway.
“I was so scared,” she told the Herald. “I grabbed it out of his hand. Jeez. Try to get dinner and it’s a crime scene.”
Smith said Jadm’s father, Albert Moschella, 35, had ordered the potent potion of vodka, cream and coffee liquer, while his daughter was waiting on a Sprite and Smith, a fruity sex on the beach cocktail.
Liang Hu, a manager at Rainbow Dragon, said the family’s waiter placed all the beverages in the center of the table and later apologized for the mixup.
“The kids’ parents ordered the drinks. Our waiter made the drinks. The waiter put the drinks on the table. The parents didn’t watch the kids,” Hu charged.
Smith acknowledged the waiter’s mea culpa, but said, “My son just drank alcohol. Sorry’s not going to cover it. I said to him, ‘Did you card my 2-year-old tonight?’ ”
Smith accepted responsibility for parental distractions as she said the drinks were served while she was gathering up the menus to give their food order. She said Moschella was reading his horoscope to his daughter from a placemat.
Paramedics responded to the eatery and determined Jadm was fine, and a grateful Smith said her son, seemingly bored with his Big Burst juice box, never acted tipsy.
“He’s a smart 2-year-old,” she said. “We go (to Rainbow Dragon) all the time, but I’ll never go back.”
Boston police spokesman officer Joe Zanoli said the incident appeared to have been an accident that fortunately ended well.
“The preliminary investigation does not show any wrongdoing by the establishment,” Zanoli said. “We will look into any potential violations. If any are found, a licensed premise violation may be issued at a later date.”