"I could have bought a 'HENRY'!"

This is a discussion on "I could have bought a 'HENRY'!" within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Leon Harrison West Carrollton, Ohio Monday, May 3, 2010 To: The Editor Subject: I had to fund W.C. curbing replacement on my own “I could ...

Thread: "I could have bought a 'HENRY'!"

"I could have bought a 'HENRY'!"

Leon Harrison
    West Carrollton, Ohio
    Monday, May 3, 2010

To: The Editor

Subject: I had to fund W.C. curbing replacement on my own

“I could have bought a ‘HENRY’!”

Instead of buying a brand-new brass-parted “HENRY” rifle, a sensible weapon, I [aka The Leon Harrison Community Beautification, Revitalization and Economic Recovery Fund] have to pay Mr. Davis [Concrete and Construction, Inc.] $645 for new concrete curbing and that is disturbing. He wants cash or a personal check from me, and not from President Obama and Washington, D.C. No, I do not mean to whine, but I even have to buy and put up my own big sign, to show to folks and to thereby get the generous-stimulus credit; like all of these street-repair and pot-hole patchers are doing for the benefit of the Obama administration. If they paid for mine, I would not whine, if they put up one of their big pretty green road signs. And, tomorrow [Tues. May 4], we West Carrollton property-tax owners are supposed to vote for a school levy. Not that I dread or fear just giving up another hundred dollars [each and every year] from my disposable income, without mentioning my pension and low investment-interest rates that are not that great. I should not complain or holler, because this extra hundred dollars would probably be misused and wasted by me, you see: e.g., to buy/pay for ammunition/bullets, or Civil War encampments and battle reenactments, or pizzas and pops and meals and movies [including generous tips], or to pay for gasoline, if you know what I mean. Hey, maybe, I was going to send it to Haiti, so that they could keep making babies! I will still try to be a nice polite civilized white guy.

Leon Harrison
    West Carrollton, Ohio

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    You Sir are one strange guy.
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    Leon Harrison
    West Carrollton, Ohio
    Monday, May 3, 2010

To: The Editor

Subject: I had to fund W.C. curbing replacement on my own

“I could have bought a ‘HENRY’!”

Instead of buying a brand-new brass-parted “HENRY” rifle, a sensible weapon, I [aka The Leon Harrison Community Beautification, Revitalization and Economic Recovery Fund] have to pay Mr. Davis [Concrete and Construction, Inc.] $645 for new concrete curbing and that is disturbing. He wants cash or a personal check from me, and not from President Obama and Washington, D.C. No, I do not mean to whine, but I even have to buy and put up my own big sign, to show to folks and to thereby get the generous-stimulus credit; like all of these street-repair and pot-hole patchers are doing for the benefit of the Obama administration. If they paid for mine, I would not whine, if they put up one of their big pretty green road signs. And, tomorrow [Tues. May 4], we West Carrollton property-tax owners are supposed to vote for a school levy. Not that I dread or fear just giving up another hundred dollars [each and every year] from my disposable income, without mentioning my pension and low investment-interest rates that are not that great. I should not complain or holler, because this extra hundred dollars would probably be misused and wasted by me, you see: e.g., to buy/pay for ammunition/bullets, or Civil War encampments and battle reenactments, or pizzas and pops and meals and movies [including generous tips], or to pay for gasoline, if you know what I mean. Hey, maybe, I was going to send it to Haiti, so that they could keep making babies! I will still try to be a nice polite civilized white guy.

Leon Harrison
    West Carrollton, Ohio
    Huh????

It's a newspaper column, to be printed by better editors. And it's FREE. Quite clever and comical and topical, I might add. Isn't it disturbing to have to pay for new curbing instead of a new gun and some ammo? A gun man will understand, even if he is not a fan.

I feel your pain!

Hummm... I'm armed,... just sayin'.
    "Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom" Gen. George Patton

Links