When gas goes up!! - Page 2

When gas goes up!!

This is a discussion on When gas goes up!! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Hiram25 Motorcycles are fun to ride and use less fuel! I read a comment on another threat as follow: Iran sells oil ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When gas goes up!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    Motorcycles are fun to ride and use less fuel!

I read a comment on another threat as follow:

Iran sells oil for $168 a barrel, and buys wheat for $7 a bushel.

Solution, sell wheat for $168 a bushel, price of oil will drop!

I thought this made a lot of sense!
    We need to start doing this...tomorrow!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

That mess out in the gulf is but a tiny drizzle in the supply line, the commodities market (don't get me started) is the true driving force behind what a gallon cost......
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

1. We'll get replacement stock from reserves and turn the refineries up a few notches.... remember San Diego protesting because they were only operating at about 10% of capacity... their reason for that was the tanks were so full they had no where else to put the refined oil and gas.

2. We'll get oil from elsewhere in the meantime.

3. I'll ride the motorcycle I have that gets 55 mpg, instead of the one that gets 35 mpg. .

I find it truly ironic that people will gripe about the cost of gas, but pay $20,000+ for a motorcycle, or $40,000+ for an automobile.

Me, I get by just fine with my reliable, 10 year old Cherokee getting 19 mpg, which cost me $2000 several years ago.

AzB
    Quote Originally Posted by 120mm View Post
    I find it truly ironic that people will gripe about the cost of gas, but pay $20,000+ for a motorcycle, or $40,000+ for an automobile.

Me, I get by just fine with my reliable, 10 year old Cherokee getting 19 mpg, which cost me $2000 several years ago.
    Um, I paid $1800 for my motorcycle.
    Az

-- Luck favors the well prepared.

Yeah. I'm just saying that for the majority of gas price gripers, the cost of gas is insignificant compared to the amount of most often debt soaked pieces of iron sitting in their driveway.

It has been 20 years since I have lived more than 5 miles from where I work. I can go 2 months on a tank of gas in my truck. I did a long drive ( 40 miles ) to work in the late 80s and it didn`t take long to think people that do that are nuts.

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    Telecommuting is awesome. It takes me about 1-2 months to use a tank of gas on my RAV4.
    64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links