Should the American Flag Be Banned -- in America? poll

This is a discussion on Should the American Flag Be Banned -- in America? poll within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I voted NO, the top choice! But I can not believe how many liberal nanny state idiots have voted for the second choice... Yes, ban ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Should the American Flag Be Banned -- in America? poll

I voted NO, the top choice!

But I can not believe how many liberal nanny state idiots have voted for the second choice... Yes, ban the flag for the safety of the children... makes me want to puke.

Totally disgusting. There should be no reason to ban the display of the American flag at anytime, anyplace on U.S. soil. Ever!

Thank you for voting!

No. This is a lame decision. Teach the kids what the flag means, instead of banning it. 56% (115,774 votes)

Yes. The safety of students comes first. 43% (88,601 votes)

Not sure, but of all things to ban, the American flag would seem the least 'incendiary.' <1% (972 votes)

Other (post a comment) [/1% (1,816 votes)

Total Votes: 207,163
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

2. Remove Ads

Angry

W.T.H.? Someone wears a shirt with a nation's flag on it, in the nation of his own residence, and he's banned from doing that because of fears that opposing, nationalistic groups would be offended to the degree of committing crimes of assault and battery on the person? And the person is claimed to be the one provoking the fight, not the criminals who would be doing the assaulting and battering??

Let me guess: the idiotic situation happened in California.

If I were a parent, I'd be incensed as well.

Home school, anyone? About the only way to get away from it is (a) use the courts to make a big stink when it does occur, and (b) disallow one's own children becoming indoctrinated via the public school "message" of PC at any cost.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    Do you guys know how many people in the U.S. were threatened with violence last year for wearing red, white, and blue on St. Patrick's Day?

Big fat ZERO.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    Ban the American flag in an American school?

Does not compute.... Does not compute....
    *BAM!*
    Ow my head...
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Worse than even the "need" to run this poll -- More than 1/2 voted yes -- because of student safety.

A lot of American blood has been shed defending that flag. I hate to watch this full blown wussification of our great country.

Should the American Flag Be Banned -- in America?
    By You Decide
    - FOXNews.com

Should the display of an American flag be banned, even if a school administrator feels that display could lead to fights?

Share your thoughts. First, answer our question below. Then click "Leave a comment."

Should the American Flag be Banned -- in America?
    No. This is a lame decision. Teach the kids what the flag means, instead of banning it.
    Yes. The safety of students comes first.
    Not sure, but of all things to ban, the American flag would seem the least 'incendiary.'
    Other (post a comment)
    You know what? I've come to a conclusion just now. The American Flag does lead to fights.
    It led my grandfathers to fight in WWII and Korea.
    It led my father to fight in Vietnam.
    It led my oldest brother to fight in Desert Shield/Storm (and his wife).
    And, it led me to Afganistan and Iraq.
    I think the day it stops leading people to fight, is the day we should ban it.
    AlabamaConstitution of 1819: That every citizen has a right to bear arms in defence of himself and the state.
    The world doesn't owe you anything. It was here first.-Mark Twain
    "Life's tough. It's tougher if you're stupid."-John Wayne
    Sig P228; Micro Desert Eagle; S&W M&P Compact .357 sig

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MSteve View Post
    You know what? I've come to a conclusion just now. The American Flag does lead to fights.
    It led my grandfathers to fight in WWII and Korea.
    It led my father to fight in Vietnam.
    It led my oldest brother to fight in Desert Shield/Storm (and his wife).
    And, it led me to Afghanistan and Iraq.
    I think the day it stops leading people to fight, is the day we should ban it.

Very well said!

I can't believe that 55.3% (at this time) feel that it should be banned to "not lead to fights".

This is sickening!
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

The "RIGHT" answer is now down to 43.3%.......

Come on guys hit. How many Soldiers have died to protect that Flag?......
    1942 M3 Autocar Half-track...M3A1 Diamond T Half-track...57mm Anti-Tank Cannon

NRA Endowment Member...President West TN Military Vehicle Collectors...MVPA Member

Thank you, we have already counted your vote.
    No. This is a lame decision. Teach the kids what the flag means, instead of banning it.46%
    Yes. The safety of students comes first.53%
    Not sure, but of all things to ban, the American flag would seem the least 'incendiary.'<1%
    Other (post a comment)1%
    Total Votes: 320,254

I totally agree with MSteve! Well said my friend!

This is my problem. Our Country was founded with this in mind. Its our right to freedom of speech, its our FIRST amendment. People should wear what they want, when they want, where they want! Especially if its our flag!

I cannot believe people would rather ban our FLAG to protect some kids who dont even know why they are celebrating THEIR national holiday on our soil. They call themselves mexican-AMERICANS dont they? Why should they care if someone has an AMERICAN flag printed on their shirt??!

Its a total lack of respect by people who call themselves Americans.

I fought for this flag so the protester can burn this flag... I guess.

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    IMO People want me to respect their country and culture. Well it is a 2 way street sister... you respect mine and I will respect yours.
    **** like this makes me sick to my stomach.
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

We have come back up some,,,,,, was 43, now 46. keep hitting it........

No. This is a lame decision. Teach the kids what the flag means, instead of banning it. 46.3% (152,101 votes)

Yes. The safety of students comes first. 52.3% (171,589 votes)

Not sure, but of all things to ban, the American flag would seem the least 'incendiary.' 0.4% (1,304 votes)

Other (post a comment) 1% (3,326 votes)

Total Votes: 328,320

NRA Endowment Member...President West TN Military Vehicle Collectors...MVPA Member

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar
    The only one who is allowed to burn the American flag is the American Legion. Well in my eyes.

To much blood has been shed for this country. To say you can not wear or display the colors of this country is totally disrespectful to the men and women who have fought and died for the Great country. Disrespecting the colors of this country is the same as any personal attack. " Them's fighting words" I hope someone teaches the principal that lesson and sends his ass back to his beloved mexico.

first of all, i love how the great majority of mexico doesn't even celebrate cinco de mayo. its really only celebrated in america and one state in mexico. and we, americans (mexican or not) celebrate the mexican culture on that day... when that has nothing to do with the original meaning of the date. i'm not mexican so i'm not celebrating it. just like Hanukkah, the holiday has no meaning to me so i'm not celebrating it. i have no really close mexican friends so another reason not to celebrate it. so i'll go about my daily business and if i wear an american flag on my shirt, so what.

which leads me to the comment i love the most. from that one girls... we don't go around wearing red white and green on the 4th of july... what ever, ok, fine but there are 2 reasons why you wouldn't, you're in america, and that holiday has nothing to do with mexico.. but if i went to mexico and started bitching about you wearing a mexican flag on your shirt during AMERICA'S independence day is wrong, it would raise the exact same problems as its bringing here in this country... if i'm an american in mexico i wouldn't say a single thing if no one was wearing american flags because its not america.

I'm just appalled. This is absolutely disgusting.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Up to 47%......

Keep it up guys......

No. This is a lame decision. Teach the kids what the flag means, instead of banning it. 47% (167,721 votes)

Yes. The safety of students comes first. 52% (186,249 votes)

Not sure, but of all things to ban, the American flag would seem the least 'incendiary.' <1% (1,404 votes)

Other (post a comment) 1% (3,650 votes)

Total Votes: 359,024

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links