Should the American Flag Be Banned -- in America? poll - Page 3

Should the American Flag Be Banned -- in America? poll

This is a discussion on Should the American Flag Be Banned -- in America? poll within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I wish I could figure out how to post an e-mail I got yesterday. (I'm quite computer illiterate )It doesn't have to do with this ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Should the American Flag Be Banned -- in America? poll

VIP Member
    I wish I could figure out how to post an e-mail I got yesterday. (I'm quite computer illiterate)It doesn't have to do with this story directly, but has to do with immigrant protesters taking down an American flag and raising a Mexican flag with the American flag upside down below the Mexican flag. This happened at a high school in CA.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

copy and paste. ...

Highlight the email by holding right button and drag from upper left coner to lower right coner. Right hand click pick copy... Open your message here and right hand click, and click paste.

Done
    1942 M3 Autocar Half-track...M3A1 Diamond T Half-track...57mm Anti-Tank Cannon

NRA Endowment Member...President West TN Military Vehicle Collectors...MVPA Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tankdriver View Post
    copy and paste. ...

Highlight the email by holding right button and drag from upper left coner to lower right coner. Right hand click pick copy... Open your message here and right hand click, and click paste.

Done
    I tried that, the pics don't come up, just blank areas.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sigmanluke View Post
    I tried that, the pics don't come up, just blank areas.
    if you want to forward the email to me I will post it for you.
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Hit,

And just so you know, 4chan has a firemission out to skew the numbers for the "yes ban the flag" result.

Heck, weve been fighting liberals since the 68 gun laws were passed. We need to just kick thier ass in this poll also......

HIT IT !!!!!!!

NRA Endowment Member...President West TN Military Vehicle Collectors...MVPA Member

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pure Kustom View Post
    The only one who is allowed to burn the American flag is the American Legion. Well in my eyes....
    Not true. We have an Air National Guard Lt. Col. in our office. They patriotically retire old flags in a very humble ceremony that is deserving of the respect the flag requires.

My initial response to this question would be HELL NAH!!!!! However, it depends on the intent of the person wearing it. First of all let me say that I have no problem with freedom of speech and expression, even if it is offensive to people to some degree (for example, at a place I worked at someone would always patronize the place and he had a swastika tattooed on his arm. This can be offensive to many people so I asked him if he could wear a shirt that covered it up, his freedom of expression could have caused some serious bodily harm to many innocent bystanders).

With that said, we know that this Arizona immigration thing is a hot topic and there are many people on both sides of the fence so to speak (no pun intended). If people are going to wear an American flag on Cinco de Mayo simply to piss off the Mexicans, then it is wrong. America was founded on so much more than that, why use it as an excuse to antagonize people. Someone said earlier to educate people about it rather than ban it. I agree with that. America was "founded" by "immigrants" so to speak, and is supposed to be the "melting pot". So all cultures should be celebrated. If people are educated about the flag, the American principles, and what we stand for, I doubt anyone would want to use the flag to purposely antagonize another group.

Now looking at the other side, I don't see why anyone should be offended by someone wearing the American flag representing their country. If they are wearing the American flag and degrading others I can understand, but if someone is just wearing it (when I say wearing it I'm talking about a shirt, a hat, etc.) there should be no problem. As we should not have a problem with people celebrating their heritage, as long as they aren't putting down the USA.

That's just me though.....like Rodney King said a long time ago, "Can't we all just get along?" it's really not that hard.....

here is the email

Quote Originally Posted by The email sigmanluke received
    I guess they already finished their English homework!!!

Montebello High School in California .
    You will not see this heart-stopping photo on the front page of the NY Times, nor on the lead story of the major news networks .
    The protestors at Montebello High School took the American flag off the school's flag pole and hung it upside down while putting up the Mexican flag over it . (*See pictures below*)

This stunt may be the nail in the coffin of any guest-worker/amnesty plan on the table in Washington .
    The image of the American flag subsumed to another and turned upside down on American soil is already spreading on Internet forums and via e-mail .
    Pass this along to every American citizen in your address books and to every representative in the state and federal government .
    If you choose to remain uninvolved, do not be amazed when you no longer have a nation to call your own nor anything you have worked for left, because it will have been 'redistributed' to the activists, while you choose the path of peace and stay out of the 'fray' .
    Check history, it is full of nations/empires that disappeared when its citizens no longer held on to their core beliefs and values .
    One person CAN make a difference .
    One plus one plus one plus one plus one plus one . . . . . . . . . .
    The battle for our secure borders and immigration laws that actually mean something, however, hasn't even begun .

If this ticks YOU off . . . PASS IT ON!
    IF IT DOESN'T IT SHOULD!
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

In this country there is one national flag for us all to respect and cherish. Period. The stars and stripes provoking a fight? Too bad. This is The United States of America. We fly our flag with pride, it is not a source of enbarrassment, it reflects no shame or disrespect. If a teach / school sysyem thinks it need no be displayed, that is a big problem, heads should role, superintendant gets fired, and all the kids and teachers in the school get a day to study what the flag means to our history, and our future.

Now iff another country's flag is being displayed on our soil like after an athletic competition where someone from another country wins and their national anthem is played and their nation's flag is raised, yes they too deserve respect for their flag.

Fly it high, take off your hat, give it all of your respect, and everytime you see it remember all of the patriots that served and died for the right to fly the flag.

If you live here and don't like seeing our flag, you have that right, and you also have the right to call somewhere else your home.
    I know what you're thinking: "Did he fire six shots or only five?" "Is that a Smith & Wesson 686+ 7 shot or 627 8 shot?" "Does he have a concealed Sig P226 SCT and two spare mags?" You've got to ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?

VIP Member
    Sickening, isn't it?
    Thomas Jefferson

Man this burns my butt. What the Hell country are we living in anymore????? Students sent home for wearing an American Flag shirt. That is ridiculous and pathetic. This Assistant Principle should be "sent home" to reflect on what country he is a citizen of and has an allegiance to. By the way I would be just as P.O.ed if students were sent home for this reason on Columbus Day, or Christmas or any other day. Cinco De Mayo is not an American holiday, we don't celebrate it, and there isn't a day of the year where an American Flag is inappropriate. The immediate response to anyone who is “Offended” by the American flag in this country is “Kiss My Butt”. End of rant.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by J400Cali View Post
    My initial response to this question would be HELL NAH!!!!! However, it depends on the intent of the person wearing it. First of all let me say that I have no problem with freedom of speech and expression, even if it is offensive to people to some degree (for example, at a place I worked at someone would always patronize the place and he had a swastika tattooed on his arm. This can be offensive to many people so I asked him if he could wear a shirt that covered it up, his freedom of expression could have caused some serious bodily harm to many innocent bystanders).

With that said, we know that this Arizona immigration thing is a hot topic and there are many people on both sides of the fence so to speak (no pun intended). If people are going to wear an American flag on Cinco de Mayo simply to piss off the Mexicans, then it is wrong. America was founded on so much more than that, why use it as an excuse to antagonize people. Someone said earlier to educate people about it rather than ban it. I agree with that. America was "founded" by "immigrants" so to speak, and is supposed to be the "melting pot". So all cultures should be celebrated. If people are educated about the flag, the American principles, and what we stand for, I doubt anyone would want to use the flag to purposely antagonize another group.

Now looking at the other side, I don't see why anyone should be offended by someone wearing the American flag representing their country. If they are wearing the American flag and degrading others I can understand, but if someone is just wearing it (when I say wearing it I'm talking about a shirt, a hat, etc.) there should be no problem. As we should not have a problem with people celebrating their heritage, as long as they aren't putting down the USA.

That's just me though.....like Rodney King said a long time ago, "Can't we all just get along?" it's really not that hard.....
    I have to disagree here. Anyone who gets "pissed off" or feels "antagonized" by someone wearing an American Flag in the Unites States of America, needs to leave. If my patriotism offends someone, they might need to reconsider their choice of citizenship, provided they've even bothered to become and American citizen in the first place. I can't even conceive of how it's possible to be "antagonized" by someone with an American flag in this country.
    AlabamaConstitution of 1819: That every citizen has a right to bear arms in defence of himself and the state.
    The world doesn't owe you anything. It was here first.-Mark Twain
    "Life's tough. It's tougher if you're stupid."-John Wayne
    Sig P228; Micro Desert Eagle; S&W M&P Compact .357 sig

Quote Originally Posted by MSteve View Post
    I have to disagree here. Anyone who gets "pissed off" or feels "antagonized" by someone wearing an American Flag in the Unites States of America, needs to leave. If my patriotism offends someone, they might need to reconsider their choice of citizenship, provided they've even bothered to become and American citizen in the first place. I can't even conceive of how it's possible to be "antagonized" by someone with an American flag in this country.
    I'm not sure what you disagree with, it sounds to me like we are in agreement. If you look at my last paragraph I mentioned that no one should be offended by someone wearing the American flag.

Well,

Looks like we are going to lose this one.......

Down to 42%

I am really suprised nobody is hitting it harder than this.

I guess we are sheeple after all.......[:(]

No. This is a lame decision. Teach the kids what the flag means, instead of banning it. 42.3% (172,921 votes)

Yes. The safety of students comes first. 56.3% (230,453 votes)

Not sure, but of all things to ban, the American flag would seem the least 'incendiary.' 0.4% (1,480 votes)

Other (post a comment) 1% (4,225 votes)

Total Votes: 409,079

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links