Should the American Flag Be Banned -- in America? poll - Page 4

Should the American Flag Be Banned -- in America? poll

This is a discussion on Should the American Flag Be Banned -- in America? poll within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I can't believe there is even a poll for this!!! "Should the AMERICAN flag be banned from AMERICA?"... What??!! Have people gone totaly insane?!!...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Should the American Flag Be Banned -- in America? poll

I can't believe there is even a poll for this!!!
    "Should the AMERICAN flag be banned from AMERICA?"... What??!!
    Have people gone totaly insane?!!

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tankdriver View Post
    Well,

Looks like we are going to lose this one.......

Down to 42%

I am really suprised nobody is hitting it harder than this.

I guess we are sheeple after all.......[:(]

No. This is a lame decision. Teach the kids what the flag means, instead of banning it. 42.3% (172,921 votes)

Yes. The safety of students comes first. 56.3% (230,453 votes)

Not sure, but of all things to ban, the American flag would seem the least 'incendiary.' 0.4% (1,480 votes)

Other (post a comment) 1% (4,225 votes)

Total Votes: 409,079
    It's just a poll, When someone asks you to take down your flag or to take off your American flag hat because it offends them. Remind them of this poll. and as your washing off the blood on the drive way. Know that they see your point and will NEVER ask another person to disrespect the American flag again.

Here's a nice comment off the Poll......

undisclosed

It's obvious to me that the flag represents religious tyranny and following the wise decision to separate church and state the flag should not be allowed in public schools that are funded with public money. If you want your kids worshiping the flag you should definitely put them in a private flag-oriented school
    1942 M3 Autocar Half-track...M3A1 Diamond T Half-track...57mm Anti-Tank Cannon

NRA Endowment Member...President West TN Military Vehicle Collectors...MVPA Member

This makes me sick to my dang stomach. What in the he!! has this country come to??? How many THOUSANDS of men and women have fought and died defending that very same flag?
    I will note vote on this senseless topic. Shouldn't even be a question. I think what I WILL do is go shopping for some American flag shirts, and install a flag pole in my front yard, and you can bet your bottom dollar, they ain't coming down!

the poll is misleading.. i mean who doesn't care about the safety of children. and i think thats what they're voting for. not that it really does need to be banned. but, i think people are genuinely worried about the safety of their children... heck, if i had children, i'd be too. but there has to be a limit. what they don't realize is if you worry so much that you're willing to do ANYTHING to keep your children unharmed (because people are to afraid to teach your children about the negatives in life and experience them first hand) like allow people to come in and trample on everything you believe in or stand for, your kids won't have a safe country to grow up in. your freedoms will continually get taken away. people priorities are not right.

i've noticed this parallels south park somewhat. for those that watch may remember the episode cartoon wars. where cartman explains how if he gets one episode of family guy pulled, he can get another, and another until the show is completely banned. if you can get the flag banned from schools, you can get flags banned from anywhere 'offensive to immigrated citizens'. and it will continue, to the point where whats happening in australia, people are trying to change the design of the flag.
    Last edited by beaker; May 7th, 2010 at 06:39 PM.

I really thought this was a joke until I was about two thirds down the first page.
    I cant wrap my head around this. The fact that there is even one person much less the 56% that wants to ban the Flag is a slap in my face and the face of every true American. This is the kind of stuff that makes me want to quit being a Soldier and move to some Euro country to hide. My fellow Americans dont want to fly Old Glory? My fellow Americans dont appreciate what that Flag means to millions of people across the world? Little kids in third world countries see that Flag and feel safe, they get to feel hope that one day they can move (legally) to America and live the American dream. I am shocked and appalled and cannot clearly convey the way this poll has affected my morale.........

Edit-I think every REAL American should wear a shirt such as this (I am in no way affiliated with this company) http://www.rangerup.com/flagshirt.html
    Last edited by Bkrazy; May 8th, 2010 at 02:05 AM. Reason: I couldnt post pics at previous computer (not that it matters as this is a link)

VIP Member
    No. This is a lame decision. Teach the kids what the flag means, instead of banning it. 39.5% (176,362 votes)

Yes. The safety of students comes first. 59.1% (264,205 votes)

Not sure, but of all things to ban, the American flag would seem the least 'incendiary.' 0.3% (1,524 votes)

Other (post a comment) 1.1% (4,818 votes)

Total Votes: 446,909
    We need to call a fire mission on every list we are on, IMHO.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    As a Canadian I was profoundedly offended by this story, I don't blame the kids celebrating Cinco de Mayo, I blame the completly stunned teachers. I have no doubt the schools lawyers are groaning and wishing their client were not so stunned. These kids were wearing their nation's flag without disrespect and they get booted from school, I wonder if the teachers can even spell "Lawsuit"

Quote Originally Posted by Pure Kustom View Post
    Disrespecting the colors of this country is the same as any personal attack. " Them's fighting words" I hope someone teaches the principal that lesson and sends his ass back to his beloved mexico.
    Merle Haggard
    "Your'e Walking On The Fighting Side Of Me"
    Don't tread on me or mine.
    I am comfortable laying on a rock in the sun; bothering no one. If you choose to ignore the above statement, you will wish all you had to do, is deal with a snake.

The poll is nonsense. It implies that if you don't favor banning the flag you don't favor student safety. It's silly and as such I can't take the results seriously.

I am sickened that the SHEEPLE have voted the safety of the kids first. It is 63% in favor of "safety". When I voted first, it was 97% in favor of teaching what in the heck the flag meant.
    Thank you, we have already counted your vote.

No. This is a lame decision. Teach the kids what the flag means, instead of banning it. 33.4% (192,506 votes)

Yes. The safety of students comes first. 63.9% (367,947 votes)

Not sure, but of all things to ban, the American flag would seem the least 'incendiary.' 0.3% (1,692 votes)

Other (post a comment) 2.4% (13,698 votes)

Total Votes: 575,843
    Those that would trade liberty for safety, deserve neither! (Paraphrased)
    Why don't you expel the criminal element that would incite violence over the American Flag. Then, kick them out of our country, they obviously don't DESERVE to be here! Send them to N. Korea. I am sure they would change their opinion real fast!
    “The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.”

Patrick Henry
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus
    If it is ok to disarm legal citizens to reduce crime, then doesn't it stand to disband the military to prevent war?

Email for School Officials Responsible for This!!

Here are the email addresses for the school officials who are the idiots who made this decision, let them know how you feel I already have emailed all three of them.

Nick.Boden@mhu.k12.ca.us
    Kim.Lemos@mhu.k12.ca.us
    Miguel.Rodriguez@mhu.k12.ca.us

This is a sad indictment of the apathetic think that has been thrust upon the losers in this country that need the media to do any thinking for them. And I served so that they can have the right to speak. What a disappointment!
    “The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.”

Patrick Henry
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus
    If it is ok to disarm legal citizens to reduce crime, then doesn't it stand to disband the military to prevent war?

A friend of mine brought up and interesting question.

Since all schools (Well MOST) fly the American Flag in the schoolyard, did the administrators of THIS SCHOOL take the U.S.Flag down for sinko de mayo day? If not, then they are just as guilty!!!!

Words can't describe what I'm now feeling.

Always the "liberals" are concerned about offending someone. I'm offended over the fact that flags of other nations are flown in my country with the intent to demean the USA. I am offended.

One would think that "liberal" would mean to tolerate the next person and his/her beliefs as the liberal would want the next person to tolerate the liberal's beliefs.

I remember seeing the film clips of the million illegals march, or whatever that was, a while back. I saw a lot of hammer and sickle flags being flown during those marches.

Methinks these attitudes, as we've seen in the school system in CA, will lead to no good.
    Last edited by rangefinder; May 8th, 2010 at 10:42 PM. Reason: spelling

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links