television

This is a discussion on television within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; hi everyone, i was wondering about something,what you like to watch on t.v. i usually watch Nova, The History Channel, and Discovery.these are mostly what ...

Thread: television

television

hi everyone, i was wondering about something,what you like to watch on t.v.
    i usually watch Nova, The History Channel, and Discovery.these are mostly what i watch along w/true crime shows.
    the one series that is fiction that i do like is called
    Breaking Bad because it is so well done and has good actors.Does anyone else here watch this series and do you like it or hate it or not watch it?
    Last edited by stormbringerr; May 9th, 2010 at 09:02 PM.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.”
    ― Thomas Paine

2. Remove Ads

I don’t really watch TV anymore. Does watching reruns of Stargate on hulu count?

VIP Member
    I like Lost, Justified and Castle. (for this season)
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

There is a BBC sitcom "Last of the Summer Wine" that I really enjoy.

bosco

Quote Originally Posted by AlexHassin View Post
    I don’t really watch TV anymore. Does watching reruns of Stargate on hulu count?
    sure
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.”
    ― Thomas Paine

I like justified and sons of anarchy, other than that I dont watch much tv

i probably should have put this link in my starter.

YouTube - Breaking Bad - First scene

― Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by AlexHassin View Post
    I have the box set

I have to catch up on Stargate Universe as I have 4 episodes sitting on the DVR.

I myself watch a lot of TV but I watch a lot of History, Discovery, National Geographic and the Science channel but of course I also enjoy the below TV shows.

The Simpsons, Family Guy, Cleveland Show, 24, Survivor, American Idol, Amazing Race, Stargate SG1, Stargate Atlantis, Stargate Universe, South Park and COPS.

I tend to watch more shows about science, religion, space, technology and I love a good documentary. I enjoyed watching Sniper: Inside the Crosshair yesterday.

Senior Member Array stanislaskasava's Avatar
    I like Nova, Discovery, et cetera. I might consider watching Breaking Bad if I could start from the first episode. I am a fan of Bryan Cranston so I might check it out.

It is, however, harder for me to watch fiction than non-fiction. It's the same with books.

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stanislaskasava View Post
    ...It is, however, harder for me to watch fiction than non-fiction...
    I find it hardest of all to watch the travesty of 'reporting' that is passed off as unbiased, or 'documentaries' ostensibly teaching some sort of non-fiction, when they are painfully obvious as propaganda. Equally offensive is a show that panders to a part of society that wants to hear their ridiculous spin (the show on aliens a couple of nights ago comes to mind: "NASA has said that the moon is hollow", etc.).

No need to flame: we may be in different parts of society and may honestly enjoy hearing spin which matches our presuppositions. But regardless of whether it's my side or your side, let's call it 'cheerleading' rather than an unbiased presentation.
    Recently updated website: http://www.damagedphotorepair.com

Quote Originally Posted by WhoWeBePart1 View Post
    I have the box set

I have to catch up on Stargate Universe as I have 4 episodes sitting on the DVR.
    Nice!
    I just finished watching the 10th season of SG-1. i think atlantis is in order for the summer.

I usually watch the History Channel, Discovery, Tru, local news, Jeopardy, and others I cant really think of. One of my favorites that I still record on the DVR and is old but still good is M*A*S*H. I have seen every episode, but just cant get enough.

Star Trek, Justified, ummm..., Americas Worst Driver (to make me feel superior), Pawn Stars, American Pickers, Deadliest Catch, Two and a Half Men, How it Made, the list goes on. I record many of the shows so I can watch them at my leisure when I have the time to do so.

Thats the first I've heard of the moon being hollow.

Always watch: 24, V

Used to always watch (until it ended): Battlestar Galactica

Sometimes watch: Survivor, The Office

Occasionally watch: Gun Night on the Outdoor Channel (Wednesday nights), 30 Rock, Community, The Apprentice, Myth Busters

When 24 goes away for good, after this season, I don't know what I'll do.
    pro-CZ's, pro-AR's, anti-CZAR's

The last TV miniseries I watched was "Spartacus", mainly because my Wife was really enthusiastic about it; I will not go into any details, but many of my Wifes' friends were quite positive in their reviews of the show, especially in their treatment of the male anatomical structure.......
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

Links