Mozilla Firefox Users

Mozilla Firefox Users

This is a discussion on Mozilla Firefox Users within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I found an add-on for the browser that is pretty useful. The download is called Adblock Plus. It removes ads, banners, and most tracking on ...

Thread: Mozilla Firefox Users

Mozilla Firefox Users

I found an add-on for the browser that is pretty useful.

The download is called Adblock Plus. It removes
    ads, banners, and most tracking on websites. I downloaded it yesterday and I'm pretty impressed so far.

Adblock Plus Mozilla Firefox
    For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
    Romans 6:23
    www.Jesus-is-Savior.com
    Fundmental Brodcasting Network
    www.ConsitutionParty.org

I have been using that add-on for two years now. It's terrific.

Also be sure and get "FlashBlock" and "NoScript". Those will stop a lot of annoying flashing ads and banners and dangerous scripts (or you can opt to let them function as usual).

One other add-on that rocks is "Xmarks". This add-on syncs your bookmarks across multiple computers. VERY handy when you have more than one computer that you frequently use.

Firefox rules, and the abundant and useful add-ons only make it better.

-
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

+1 for Firefox. Been using it a couple years now and it has cut down on so many headaches that Explorer used to give me.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I LLLLOOOOOVVVEEEE firefox. and one thing i just can't understand is why people still use IE.. i have to use it at work and i feel like pulling my hair out just thinking about using it. but firefox makes me so happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    +1 for Firefox. Been using it a couple years now and it has cut down on so many headaches that Explorer used to give me.
    Firefox is the only way I go. Got fed up with IE years ago, and I surf the net to this day without dismay.

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    I use Google chrome almost exclusively now. I still use IE for financial work, like bank accounts and checking my stocks because all of my internet security programs are hooked into it.

IE is painfully slow, and I haven't noticed that much of an improvement with Firefox. Google Chrome is lightning fast.
    64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.

I have been using FF for so many years, I can't remeber. I started using it when it was first released. I have tried others, but I always fall back to FF, mostly because of AdBlock+. I also use FlagFox which displays a country flag depicting the location of the current website's server and provides a multitude of tools such as site safety checks, whois, translation, similar sites, validation, URL shortening, and more...
    Quite useful when fighting internet piracy!
    I also second Xmarks. Sooooo convenient! I often use three different computers and this is the cat's meow for what I do!
    “The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.”

Patrick Henry
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus
    If it is ok to disarm legal citizens to reduce crime, then doesn't it stand to disband the military to prevent war?

+1 for NoScript. It really does everything AdBlock does and more.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Senior Member Array Daddy Warcrimes's Avatar
    Adblock, Xmarks, IEtab (on Windows machines), Tiny Menu, and SwitchProxy Tool for work (because we have 3 proxy servers that often lag)
    "and suddenly I can not hold back my sword hand's anger"

DaddyWarcrimes.com

I LOVE adblock+. I'm fooling around with FoxyProxy. I'm not sure about it yet. I don't know if i'm setting it up correctly for max privacy while surfing. I'm not computer savvy and I generally leave the default settings on most things.
    When seconds count, help is minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Firefox is the only way I go. Got fed up with IE years ago, and I surf the net to this day without dismay.
    I agree.
    My only problem is the latest version crashes every time I try to save an image. I have no idea why.
    I/E? Never again.

another good thing i like using, and can be used regardless of which browser you use are edited host files.

Blocking Unwanted Parasites with a Hosts File

no need to block something if it isn't allowed to load in the first place. i do use adblock as well

VIP Member
    I keep all three browsers on my desktop. Most of the time I use Google Chrome.
    For some things I prefer Firefox or IE8.

These browsers are like guns and calibers. There is no such thing as "perfect."

You have to choose based on personal preference, perception of security for a particular task, and just plain whatever you like.

Links