Anyone else watch Chuck?

This is a discussion on Anyone else watch Chuck? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; It's a really funny show, but it's starting to drive me a little crazy with all the anti-gun comments and ignorance of firearms! In the ...

Thread: Anyone else watch Chuck?

Anyone else watch Chuck?

It's a really funny show, but it's starting to drive me a little crazy with all the anti-gun comments and ignorance of firearms! In the intro there's a silhouette of a gun firing and the casing comes out the barrel with the bullet And then there's the fact that the main character carries a tranquilizer gun because he has a problem with violence! I would like to write an episode were he gets stabbed in the back by a BG who woke up before he expected him to.

And Sarah's whining a few episodes back because Chuck killed a Ring operative (the show's villians) in self-defense (even though he didn't, he froze and Casey had to save his butt.) Anti-gun, pacifists don't become CIA agents!

And John Casey is portrayed as the typical liberal caricature of gun nuts and Marines.

In the most recent episode Chuck's sister was told by a Ring operative pretending to work for the CIA that John Casey was a BG, but she didn't believe him until she accidentally saw his gun safe. And of course anyone with guns is evil!

Sorry just had to vent a little. I'm trying to decide whether to keep watching or not.
    Ron Paul 2012

There are three kinds of Yankees: Yankees, Damn Yankees, and Floridians

2. Remove Ads

My biggest beef was with the sniper episode. Supposedly Chuck is posing as some assassin who is one of only 5 guys in the world who can make a half-mile shot. That alone is bull, but what REALLY irked me was when Casey just walks into the room, picks up the rifle and makes the shot.

Yeah, there are a lot more than 5 people who can make a half-mile shot, but even those people have to account for bullet drop, windage, humidity, temperature..... As far as you could tell from the episode he just picked it up and shot, no scope adjustment or anything. Not that he would have known if it was zeroed or not.

But all in all it's a good show.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by paaiyan View Post
    My biggest beef was with the sniper episode. Supposedly Chuck is posing as some assassin who is one of only 5 guys in the world who can make a half-mile shot. That alone is bull, but what REALLY irked me was when Casey just walks into the room, picks up the rifle and makes the shot.

Yeah, there are a lot more than 5 people who can make a half-mile shot, but even those people have to account for bullet drop, windage, humidity, temperature..... As far as you could tell from the episode he just picked it up and shot, no scope adjustment or anything. Not that he would have known if it was zeroed or not.

But all in all it's a good show.
    I know absolutely nothing about shooting rifles or snipers, so I didn't even notice that.
    Ron Paul 2012

I was a little miffed at the sister's husband's comment about "unfortunately its not against the law" (a bad paraphrase). Generally it's not a bad romantic comedy show. Lots of stereotypes and mediocre gun handling. But........... SARAH IS HOT!
    When seconds count, help is minutes away!

I watch this show, I've seen every episode... I watched the pilot the night the series premiered and have watched every episode since then within 5 days of being aired (thanks to the magic that is called DVR)

Quote Originally Posted by Obiwan View Post
    But........... SARAH IS HOT!
    +1

My wife likes to watch it and I do on occasion. However, I don't appreciate the anti-gun comments. The story line is a bit far fetched, to say the least. To me the show is a modern version of "Get Smart". I much prefer more realistic shows. The best thing about it is his girlfriend/agent-partner. She is hot!
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

I was a little miffed at the sister's husband's comment about "unfortunately its not against the law" (a bad paraphrase). Generally it's not a bad romantic comedy show. Lots of stereotypes and mediocre gun handling. But........... SARAH IS HOT!
    Unfortunately? I caught that too last night. Chuck has these dreams throughout the entire episode of shooting "superman" ..whatever his name is... Guns...more guns...shooting...people getting shot...typical spy show stuff. Then they throw in the word "unfortunately" into an otherwise neutral statement. That one word expressed an anti-opinion. Do they want to alienate the 2A supporting fans?? I like Chuck...that's the only thing they've ever done that irritated me.

I watch for entertainment...not critique.

Quote Originally Posted by paaiyan View Post
    Duh!...after the assassin, Chuck, and Casey, who are the other two?

Quote Originally Posted by BRTCP88 View Post
    ...And John Casey is portrayed as the typical liberal caricature of gun nuts and Marines.
    And I do believe Casey is Air Force....
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post

I watch for entertainment...not critique.

Duh!...after the assassin, Chuck, and Casey, who are the other two?

And I do believe Casey is Air Force....
    Really? I thought I remembered him using the phrase Semper Fi once.

I watch for entertainment, but it's a little hard to enjoy when you're constantly bombarded by political comments.
    Ron Paul 2012

I think Casey's story is that he is an ex marine pilot. he is over the top but he is also my favorite character in the serious. If someone wants a complaint they do stretch the rules of physics on occasion.

SARAH IS HOT!
    Great scene when Morgan wakes up and sees fridge open.

Sarah standing there in teddy.

Do you want some OJ?

Yea, I can uses some vitamin Ds uh I mean vitamin Cs.

I like jugs. I mean bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexHassin View Post
    I think Casey's story is that he is an ex marine pilot. he is over the top but he is also my favorite character in the serious. If someone wants a complaint they do stretch the rules of physics on occasion.
    He's my fave too.

Quote Originally Posted by HKinNY View Post
    Great scene when Morgan wakes up and sees fridge open.

Sarah standing there in teddy.

Do you want some OJ?

Yea, I can uses some vitamin Ds uh I mean vitamin Cs.

I like jugs. I mean bottle.
    LOL, yes that was great.
    Ron Paul 2012

Definitely for entrainment factor only, if I want reality I will go outside and take a walk......
    Meanwhile let the writers have their literary leeway, just like we don't have faster than light space ships, laser stun guns, people stuck on an island after and air place crash, , alternate dimensions we can walk into, lizard Aliens dressed in human suits orbiting major cities, and guys that can dive from unreal heights and hit the ground with out getting hurt, it is not suppose to be realistic but just entertaining....
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Links