'flaunt your flag' day

This is a discussion on 'flaunt your flag' day within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; http://standwitharizona.org/ Login | Facebook Patriotic Americans all across the nation are being called on to 'flaunt the American flag' on Wednesday, May 12, 2010 by ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'flaunt your flag' day

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar

'flaunt your flag' day

http://standwitharizona.org/

Login | Facebook

Patriotic Americans all across the nation are being called on to 'flaunt the American flag' on Wednesday, May 12, 2010 by wearing patriotic-themed clothing such as American flag style shirts, blouses, ties or jackets; American flag lapel pins or brooches; and by displaying the American flag at home, on your car or at your desk at work. You can even carry an American flag with you as you make your rounds on Wednesday and really flaunt that flag!

This is being done as a show of support for the American families in Morgan Hill, California whose students attending Live Oak High School were ordered to remove their American flag style shirts so as to not offend Mexican students on Cinco de Mayo last week.

Offended Mexican students walked out of class the next day and staged a protest march demanding "respect" for "our holiday" by demanding Americans not display the American flag on American soil.

One protester, Luis Jimenez, was videotaped by KNTV-TV saying, "Yesterday, it was our holiday, Cinco de Mayo. All of, like, the Americans thought they could wear their flags and just flaunt them in front of us."

Another Mexican protester was videotaped by KRON-TV ripping an American flag out of the hands of an American that same day.

In response, please send this message: We Americans will flaunt our flag on our soil anytime we please. If some folks don't like that, we have an old saying for them, "America, love it or leave it!"

Please e-mail and post this call to action on blogs, Facebook, Twitter and send it to you local and national Tea Party groups and talk radio hosts.

(Note to all the race-baiting liberals and weak-kneed David Brooks types, this is not about race, or even about Mexico. This is about Americans standing up for America on American soil. If you can't handle displays of patriotism, the same message above applies to you too.)

PLEASE also sign the Petition in support of the People of Arizona and the rule of law: We Stand With Arizona, and Against Illegal Immigration Petition

Follow us on Twitter for updates: http://www.twitter.com/StandWithAZ

2. Remove Ads

Wink ....and tattooed.

I have one tattooed on my upper right arm that I wear proudly every day.
    U.S. Army Veteran

Im in, but damn this should be an everyday thing...note to self-buy American Flag lapel pin and remember to take it off every night and wear it every day.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

I don't normally put my personal things on line like this, but I signed the petition because I believe this is becoming much bigger and more important than my right to privacy. I've had about enough
    Light travels faster than sound...thats why some people appear bright before they speak

Quote Originally Posted by boatail View Post
    I don't normally put my personal things on line like this, but I signed the petition because I believe this is becoming much bigger and more important than my right to privacy. I've had about enough
    I signed this one too even though I'm not really comfortable signing online petitions. We all need to do what we can do to get behind Arizona on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    I signed this one too even though I'm not really comfortable signing online petitions. We all need to do what we can do to get behind Arizona on this one.
    PS: Time to give the cold shoulder to Boulder, Colorado too.
    City of Boulder boycotts Arizona law with ban on official travel to the state

I fly old glory everyday. This incident in the school amuses me. In my high school days, other good kids (like those wearing the American flag) would have banded together and dared some "foreign" student to insult the flag. Asses would have been kicked. Apparently the vast majority of other American kids didn't choose to come to their aid. Stand by their side. I find no excuses and those who stood by idly should be ashamed. I'll bet many of their older relatives fought in some foreign conflict to defend that freedom flag. Hell, isn't it odd the hispanic kids are banning together in an American, english speaking school and the American born citizens are afraid to answer the challenge. Who's in charge? Has the school board cowarded and become afraid of offending others? Someone has to step forward in authority and draw a line in the sand. When in America, act as an American or catch the next flight south across the border. Obviously I do not live there and maybe that state has lost control of the situation at hand. Seems when I see such an incident it occurs on the left coast. I'm many decades older now, and in no shape to fight, but someone disgrace the stars and stripes in my presence, it's go time. Oh well, may the flags wave free in the wind.
    May we never forget those in uniform who protect us night and day in lands far away. And those in all wars who paid the supreme sacrifice in defense of our country. May God Bless our Troops and First Responders.

For the last 40 years, I've flown my flag 24/7/365 at home, and on my truck, and I wear Pro-USMC T shirts almost exclusively. That should pretty well cover it.
    NRA Life Member ... Marine Corps League Life Member
    Freedom has a flavor the protected can never taste...
    USMC 8652, 2531, RVN Jun '67, - May 69

Some of my toys....

As I've said elsewhere, I already wear mine nearly every day, right above my combat patches where it belongs. In my off time, I usually have on an Army ball cap, or a contractor cap with the same forward flying flag.
    AlabamaConstitution of 1819: That every citizen has a right to bear arms in defence of himself and the state.
    The world doesn't owe you anything. It was here first.-Mark Twain
    "Life's tough. It's tougher if you're stupid."-John Wayne
    Sig P228; Micro Desert Eagle; S&W M&P Compact .357 sig

Quote Originally Posted by usmcj View Post
    For the last 40 years, I've flown my flag 24/7/365 at home, and on my truck, and I wear Pro-USMC T shirts almost exclusively. That should pretty well cover it.
    I was Army, and in this we see alike. We can have interservice rivalries all day long, but we served, fought and lost some for the same flag that some would choose to disgrace. To them I say don't tread on us or you WILL get bit! How many times does the world have to learn the same lesson??
    Light travels faster than sound...thats why some people appear bright before they speak

Inter-service rivalries are great....as long as you were in the service.... just sayin...

Semper Fi......
    NRA Life Member ... Marine Corps League Life Member
    Freedom has a flavor the protected can never taste...
    USMC 8652, 2531, RVN Jun '67, - May 69

Some of my toys....

just sayin what?

petition signed!

I signed the petion and I'd also like to add that I have nothing against people that want to come to this great country for a better life. My relatives did the same thing many many years ago. But my family was proud to call themselves Americans and some have even fought to keep our country free.
    However if anyone thinks that living in America is just a way to get a bunch of "Freebies" and basicly spit on the very flag my forefathers fought to protect you had better wise up. Americans will not stand for such disrespect any longer.

Quote Originally Posted by subcool20 View Post
    I signed the petion and I'd also like to add that I have nothing against people that want to come to this great country for a better life. My relatives did the same thing many many years ago. But my family was proud to call themselves Americans and some have even fought to keep our country free.
    However if anyone thinks that living in America is just a way to get a bunch of "Freebies" and basicly spit on the very flag my forefathers fought to protect you had better wise up. Americans will not stand for such disrespect any longer.
    You said it all........ I dont care who you are where you come from how dare you spit, set on fire, disrespect my flag in my country.
    XD9sc
    Ruger LCP 380
    NAA 22 mini mag w/holster grip
    S&W 38 model 10
    NRA member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links