The Official Truck of Bass Pro Shops

This is a discussion on The Official Truck of Bass Pro Shops within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Bass Pro... The official truck is a toyota tundra... I ask myself how many toyota employees shop there? Why would they not have an American ...

View Poll Results: Please Vote

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • I do not shop there

23 33.82%
  • I shop there and drive a foreign car/truck

12 17.65%
  • I shop there and drive an American car/truck

33 48.53%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Official Truck of Bass Pro Shops

Bass Pro... The official truck is a toyota tundra... I ask myself how many toyota employees shop there? Why would they not have an American truck like a chevy for a ford?? I guess my question is, do you even shop there? And if you do shop there, do you drive an American car?

Just some food for thought....

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    Let's see, before I vote, let me point out one thing.

Toyota Factory Tour in Georgetown, KY (Foreign made where???) LOL.

Let me point out another myth Ford made where, check this out (American made???) Made everywhere!

List of Ford factories - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I know, I know, the parent Company is overseas and Ford is Stateside, I've heard it before, let me employ some common sense. Toyota made in Georgetown, KY is employing Americans, Ford made in the Phillipines is not being made by Americans so who is supporting America more?

Two guesses and the first one doesn't count.

Let's not discuss Chevy, most trucks are made and assembled in Canada and Mexico.

No argument from me, I'm just tired of hearing American made when the truth is they are not American made anymore then the Chinese American Flags sold at Wal-Mart.

Rant 101 is over.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

And after the whole "paid off our debt" lie from Chevy they shouldn't even be in the running. GM=Government Motors IMHO...
    For a man interested only in passin' through, he suddenly found himself entangled in a deadly struggle….

ad utrumque paratus

Administrator
    Bass Pro doesn't choose their "offical truck" simply by what truck Bass Pro likes. It based on a business decisions and partnerships... AKA money. Toyota partnered up with Bass Pro for the extra advertising face time and that's about it.
    I know Toyota has always donated a lot to outdoor causes, I don't have an issue with either company. Business is business.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Couldn't vote

Is a 'foreign' car/truck one with an American name that is mostly made in other countries or one with a foreign name but made in America by American workers?

Actually, any manufacturer that didn't take money out of my pocket in a bail-out is aces in my world. I would quit dealing with Bass Pro Shop forever if they had chosen something from Obama Motors.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by obxned View Post
    Is a 'foreign' car/truck one with an American name that is mostly made in other countries or one with a foreign name but made in America by American workers?

Actually, any manufacturer that didn't take money out of my pocket in a bail-out is aces in my world. I would quit dealing with Bass Pro Shop forever if they had chosen something from Obama Motors.
    +1 I agree, I applaud Ford for backing away from the bail-outs. I drive a Tundra now and when its time will probably go over to Ford, but I will never own a GM or Chysler product (new anyway, an oldder blazer of CJ Jeep might not be too bad).

Distinguished Member
    I drive two Fords. The Fusion was assembled in Mexico. The other is so old I can't remember and it doesn't matter.

I rarely participate in boycotts for reasons similar to those in this discussion. You just can't be certain where/who makes the things you need/use.

I don't care if the Toyota Tundra is the official truck of Bass Pro or any other business. I just don't buy into "something" being the "official anything" of "something else." I make the best decision possible. If the price point meets my assessment of value, then I'll buy it.

I enjoy Bass Pro Shops, but purchase few things there. It is 45 minutes away and most of the things I am interested in are cheaper locally or delivered to my home via internet order.

My "American" built truck was manufactured in Fort Wayne, Indiana

Toyota Tundras (and soon Tacomas) are made in San Antonio, Texas.

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    and many of the components for the toyotas are produced overseas, shipped to the us and assembled here....a great deal of the components for american vehicles are produced in the united states by us suppliers and shipped out of the country for assembly...the number of american jobs supported by american manufacturers is large...they just dont all work for the amerian manufacturers...they work for suppliers...

everyone builds a good vehicle today and what you choose is your business...but believing that buying a foreign brand vehicle is doing more to support the us economy than buying an american vehicle you are mistaken...

I've never been to a Bass Pro shop. But I do like my 2 Toyota SUV's!

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bladenbullet View Post
    and many of the components for the toyotas are produced overseas, shipped to the us and assembled here....a great deal of the components for american vehicles are produced in the united states by us suppliers and shipped out of the country for assembly...the number of american jobs supported by american manufacturers is large...they just dont all work for the amerian manufacturers...they work for suppliers...

everyone builds a good vehicle today and what you choose is your business...but believing that buying a foreign brand vehicle is doing more to support the us economy than buying an american vehicle you are mistaken...

Toyota parts now made in the U.S. : Auto Repair Information Blog

Let me be clear, most vehicles are made good and I concur, to each their own, but I'm just tired of the misinformation being strewn around that American Made is American Made when in fact the facts are being sent out and all one has to do is search for the truth and it's sitting there. While not all inclusive mind you, I putting out proof, backing my play here. Have something to counter, I'm open minded enough to take a look.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

I find it funny that people boycot store because of things like their "official truck". Give me a break, I shop where things are convenient and reasonably priced. Everyone here talks about shopping at Walmart and yet they are one of the worst offenders as far as outsourcing goes.
    Guns don't kill people, people kill people...and chimps do, if they have a gun

I'd be more concerned about where the products they are selling are coming from than where their "official" truck came from. I'm not there to buy a truck, after all.

If you are worried about "buying American" then start with whats on sale at the store first.

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dstringf View Post
    I'd be more concerned about where the products they are selling are coming from than where their "official" truck came from. I'm not there to buy a truck, after all.

If you are worried about "buying American" then start with whats on sale at the store first.

X2
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links