Oklahoma farm used in film Twister devastated by real tornado in last weeks storm

This is a discussion on Oklahoma farm used in film Twister devastated by real tornado in last weeks storm within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; The track of the fictitious tornado in the film and the real one that hit Monday appeared eerily familiar, Harrison said. "The path of the ...

Thread: Oklahoma farm used in film Twister devastated by real tornado in last weeks storm

Oklahoma farm used in film Twister devastated by real tornado in last weeks storm

The track of the fictitious tornado in the film and the real one that hit Monday appeared eerily familiar, Harrison said.

"The path of the tornado came exactly the same way that they made it in the movie,” he said.

The two silos destroyed in the storm were also pictured in the film, as was the tractor left on the bridge in the movie. The tractor wasn’t damaged.
    NewsOK

2. Remove Ads

Thanks for posting! How about the cows?
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    Thanks for posting! How about the cows?
    They moooooved first!
    “The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.”

Patrick Henry
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus
    If it is ok to disarm legal citizens to reduce crime, then doesn't it stand to disband the military to prevent war?

They have updated the EF-3 to an EF-4. I should have taken pics of the house I went to bid the other day. I built the house in 2008 and it was hit by the tornado. It has major damage. By the way, as I was typing this we had an earthquake, we have it all in OK now.
    "You cannot invade mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass." - Admiral Yamamoto

When the EF-5 hit here in the early 90's, I knew a guy who had just built a new house, and was about to close on the house he was in. He was moving in 3 days from the one to the other. The houses were about 5 miles from each other.... but both, were right in the path of the tornado.... and it took both of them out.

So, luckily insurance was in effect on both houses. Never drop your insurance on the house you are selling until after closing.....

Quote Originally Posted by ccroom View Post
    They have updated the EF-3 to an EF-4. I should have taken pics of the house I went to bid the other day. I built the house in 2008 and it was hit by the tornado. It has major damage. By the way, as I was typing this we had an earthquake, we have it all in OK now.
    Glad you are safe and sound and thanks for the update.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    When the EF-5 hit here in the early 90's, I knew a guy who had just built a new house, and was about to close on the house he was in. He was moving in 3 days from the one to the other. The houses were about 5 miles from each other.... but both, were right in the path of the tornado.... and it took both of them out.

So, luckily insurance was in effect on both houses. Never drop your insurance on the house you are selling until after closing.....
    Wow, I can't imagine having to worry about being in a tornado's path. Makes the hair on my arms stand up.

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    can you say ironic?
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Links