We have a new family member

We have a new family member

This is a discussion on We have a new family member within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; We just got him last night. He is a very adorable kitty. My older cat is aware of him now, but wants nothing to do ...

Thread: We have a new family member

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar

Talking We have a new family member

We just got him last night. He is a very adorable kitty. My older cat is aware of him now, but wants nothing to do with him yet. So we just keep them in separate rooms for now. Eventually, once he gets bigger they will learn to live together. We named him Mieko (ME-CO), it sounded neat He will be 9 weeks old tomorrow.

He's just adorable. He'll have you wrapped around his little paws in no time.

VIP Member
    Cats are great people! I've always had cats, since I was a kid many years ago. One of the most graceful animals around, and each has their own distinct personality. He'll be ruling the roost inn no time, even if the older cat doesn't like the fact.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    I have to watch myself. In my job now, I want to bring them all home. He's adorable.

Cats and Dogs are both great in my book. Cats are easier to take care of in my view. Self-Sufficient for the most part.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

awwww kitty!
    Yea, pets will often ignore new ones for a while. Make sure they keep being around each other at least every so often then all of a suddon one day they will either be rolling around playing or trying to kill each other, most likely the first :)
    Wo die Notwehr aufhört, fängt der Mord an
    (Murder begins where self-defense ends)
    Georg Büchner

Cats are cool. Never considered myself a cat guy but I had one for 14 years till last month.
    He had a stroke in the night and after a long day we had to have assisted to his final resting place.
    They certainly have their own personality and only dance to their own beat!
    Have fun and treat him well.As he will you.

Well, now that you have the new family member, you might want to start working on something like this:
    Flo Control

In short: Facial recognition door system for cats. I don't have cats, but don't knock it until you check it out. There's some verifiable proof that it works and worked quite importantly in a few cases...(like keeping a skunk from coming through the same kitty door)
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

wow. that link is actually pretty cool!
    Wo die Notwehr aufhört, fängt der Mord an
    (Murder begins where self-defense ends)
    Georg Büchner

Distinguished Member Array pcon's Avatar
    Congrats on the kitty!
    Μολὼν λαβέ

memento mori

Cats.. May not scare away the bad guys, but from a dead sleep they will be alerted to anything on your proprty long before your ears can pick it up..

bosco

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    He is just adorable. How did you get the little guy? Did you get him from a shelter, pet shop, breeder, or did you rescue him?

opie, many of us have been there and will be again. They give so much and ask for so little. I hope that when the time is right you find another little one to care for.

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
    He is just adorable. How did you get the little guy? Did you get him from a shelter, pet shop, breeder, or did you rescue him?

opie, many of us have been there and will be again. They give so much and ask for so little. I hope that when the time is right you find another little one to care for.
    My wifes friend cat had 6 kittens. So my wife got one. We've always wanted a playmate for our resident cat.

Sponsored Links