If You Boycott Arizona, You Lose Your Power! - Page 2

If You Boycott Arizona, You Lose Your Power!

This is a discussion on If You Boycott Arizona, You Lose Your Power! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; http://www.foxnews.com/projects/pdf/...arizonapdf.pdf Someone could trip over the cord, and forget to plug it back in for a day or two............... commie-fornia is a gun free zone, ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: If You Boycott Arizona, You Lose Your Power!

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar
    http://www.foxnews.com/projects/pdf/...arizonapdf.pdf

Someone could trip over the cord, and forget to plug it back in for a day or two............... commie-fornia is a gun free zone, there people should be safe at night. I am sure the people and illegals would sit around the bonfire and sing kumbaya all night long.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNinjaGo View Post
    From what I read before, they can't cancel existing contracts without being dragged to court. But I would fight fire with fire, and take my chances if I was Arizona.
    Actually it is easier than you think. Cali has been in breach of contract for some time.

I always thought it was the Federal Government's job to prevent interference to the free flow of trade or commerce between the States.

Any State sanctioned boycott (eg. California's) is just that and is UNCONSTITUTIONAL.

Maybe Holder could read the Constitution (he doesn't seem to read anything else) and see what really may or may not be illegal..

OMO

bosco

Distinguished Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    The Arizona utilities commissioner actually can't just turn off the juice- that's up to the power companies themselves, but he can strongly suggest to them that they look at renegotiating contracts.

What Mayo Villaraigosa will probably end up boycotting is official purchases of turquoise bolo ties.
    Hakkaa päälle!

Some folks may want to stock up on candles and such?
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

And I thought my next family vacation would be AZ good for them stand Strong!!
    "If you want peace, prepare for war." Si vis pacem, para bellum.
    NRA Member - GRNC Member
    Old Paratroopers never die , we just regroup!!
    82nd ABN DIV.. GOD Bless our Troops!!
    Foward Observer 3/505thPIR - A/319thAFAR
    87-91 "Just Cause - Desert Sheild/Storm"

I just saw the story on FoxNews. At first I thought screw LA, leave 'em out in the dark. Then I thought wait a minute, just because the federal government is not doing it's job in the first place and enforcing the current law, now states/cities are turning on one another. We the people are turning on we the people. Everyone has opinions, but a look to the future could be dark for many. The mayor of my city just announced no city government officials will attend any conferences/meetings in Arizona due to the new law. The aftermath has already tricked to the midwest. All because big government refuses to enforce the law.
    May we never forget those in uniform who protect us night and day in lands far away. And those in all wars who paid the supreme sacrifice in defense of our country. May God Bless our Troops and First Responders.

Quote Originally Posted by Divebum47 View Post
    Once again, a ******* contest between and amongst politicians puts the average citizen at risk. While I don't blame Arizona's stand and think that California is truly the land of fruits and nuts, I kind of feel sorry for the tax payers in LA. But then, having lived in the LA area and having had a chance to move, I took full advantage of that opportunity.
    I can't feel bad for them. They elected their city council - if the council leaves them in the dark, it was their choice.
    I'd cut off the water from the Colorado River as well!!
    In the dark and thirsty!!
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. Albert Einstein

"People in Arizona carry guns," said a Chandler police spokesman. "You better be careful about who you are picking on."

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    Give them an unexpected blackout for an hour to see how LA copes with their future. When those contracts expire jack their rates 10 fold or severe the lines to the peoples republic of California.

Quote Originally Posted by ErnieNWillis View Post
    The more I read about Arizona's resolve the more I considor moving there.
    That Utilities Official has humongous huevos!
    I was thinking the exact same thing.

This whole story has me cracking the heck up!!!
    Go Arizona!!!

Arizona Threatens to Turn Lights Off in Los Angeles If City Boycotts - ABC News

- Janq supports AZ

"In the dark and thirsty!!" - Hayzor
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

I'd actually send a small donation to the State of Arizona to make that happen. Millions of others would do the same, I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by 1911PKR View Post
    I'd actually send a small donation to the State of Arizona to make that happen. Millions of others would do the same, I'm sure.
    I'm in.

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar
    NEWS-TALK 92.3 KTAR - WHERE THE VALLEY STAYS IN TOUCH

KTAR INTERNET RADIO, THE COMMISSIONER IS ON RIGHT NOW!!!!

Senior Member Array Daddy Warcrimes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by boscobeans View Post
    I always thought it was the Federal Government's job to prevent interference to the free flow of trade or commerce between the States.

Any State sanctioned boycott (eg. California's) is just that and is UNCONSTITUTIONAL.
    I disagree with your interpretation.

The federal government's role is to prevent interference, but this is not interference.

Interference would be if L.A. imposed an import tax on all goods from AZ, or a travel tax for anyone visiting.

Free market means free market. Forcing an entity (government, corporate, or individual) to purchase from another is anathema to liberty.

OTOH, if the state of Arizona should forbid or discourage (i.e. tax or restrict) private companies from selling to certain customers, the fed has a roll to intervene. Now if the power companies do it on their own, all is Kosher in my mind (except for the flying pigs part).
    "and suddenly I can not hold back my sword hand's anger"

DaddyWarcrimes.com

Administrator
    23,000 drug related murders in Mexico in the last 2.5 years and 300 decapitations.

Gee...I wonder why Arizona would want to stop that from spilling over into Arizona?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links