If You Boycott Arizona, You Lose Your Power!

This is a discussion on If You Boycott Arizona, You Lose Your Power! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by CplVargas California is stupid; but Arizona is even stupider. have you read how this sounds?...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: If You Boycott Arizona, You Lose Your Power!

Quote Originally Posted by CplVargas View Post
    California is stupid; but Arizona is even stupider.
    have you read how this sounds?
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    All of these places that are totally BROKE intend to boycott Arizona.

SO....With all of the money that they DON'T have....They're not going to buy anything from or spend in AZ.

That's funny.........

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Regardless of the politics or the reason behind this idea, pulling the plug on LA or releasing the contract prisoners has its own downsides to the AZ economy. Both provide revenue and jobs to Arizonans and AZ corps. Either stunt would backfire rather quickly.

At first look it might seem tempting. But, who else is going to buy that much power? What if CA retaliates again and gives those prisoners parole and a one way bus ticket back to AZ?

Too, the next thing you know CA will cut services it provides to AZ. Maybe the power cut would so badly affect the port or LAX that needed goods wouldn't get to AZ?

Do the folks in AZ with a population of around 6 million think they can outlast CA with a population of 36 million in an economic war?

And wouldn't there of necessity have to be a strong Federal response, perhaps unprecedented since Little Rock?

Let's hope cooler heads prevail.
    the bit about Cali buying one way tickets for the prisoners back to Arizona! Cali could'nt afford tickets by cab to the end of the street, thanks to their idiotic, liberal spending policies, and supporting undocumented (ILLEGAL) residents all these years.

They are just where they deserve to be, and are paying for their folly! And, AMERICA is destined for the same fate soon, unless reason prevails, and stops the madness of the current executive, and congressional administration's policies to bring the U.S.A. down to the level of the third world!

Deny it if you will, but there are none so blind, as those...........

No apologies offered here for potential offense of the idiotic sensitivities of anyone. It is far too late, imho, in this country to worry about that.

(Sir Moderator, I hope my rant is acceptable, since this time I did not intentionally insult anyone, specifically.)

Oh! yeah, GO ARIZONA!
    Extremism in the Defense of Liberty is No Vice--Moderation in the Pursuit of Justice is No Virtue. - Senator Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Hopyard,

You always have a different point of view...from mine?
    I know that you have a good head on your shoulders, but I am aghast at some or your opinions...I'm just sayin'...

A discussion of world events with you over a few beers could prove to be interesting.

With all due respect, of course...

ret
    I resemble that remark, Supt.
    Extremism in the Defense of Liberty is No Vice--Moderation in the Pursuit of Justice is No Virtue. - Senator Barry Goldwater

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links