Commercials we hate!

This is a discussion on Commercials we hate! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Commercials we hate! Anyone think of radio and tv commercials we hate? The tv commercial I hate is the stupid Quizno's Sub commercial with the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Commercials we hate!

Commercials we hate!

Commercials we hate!

Anyone think of radio and tv commercials we hate?

The tv commercial I hate is the stupid Quizno's Sub commercial with the annoying hand puppets singing.

2. Remove Ads

Lead Moderator
    There are just so many, and so little space to be taken up. It's just easier to say 99% of them these days.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

I can't stand ANY commmercials. My distain carries over to most television with the exception of Discovery Medical Channel, History Channel, Military Channel, Conan O'Brian, John Stewart, and maybe one or two select programs. I believe everything else to be garbage IMHO.
    -Bill

"Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."

So many commercials irritate me to the point of changing the tv or radio station out of sheer contempt. But to come up with a commerical that applies to the interests of this website:

I can't stand the home security system commercials. Almost everytime the scenario goes as follows:
    - A beautiful white mother is putting her white children to bed in rich upper middle-class suburbia.
    - A muscled, white-skinned hooligan is prowling around the perimeter. He then breaks a window and struggles to reach the lock on the door.
    - The beautiful white mother has just enough time to collect her children, set off the alarm, and get to a safe room to call 911.
    - This alarm inevitably scares the dastardly do-no-gooder away, and the sheeple mother is saved!

Ghuh.
    Proud member of the Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy:
    http://www.xanga.com/jaltered

VIP Member
    I have no problems with TV commercials. I don't watch TV. My wife and I decided about 8 months ago that since we only watched about 2 hours of TV per week the cost of cable was not justified. We had it turned off. It was only 6 or 7 weeks later that we discovered that although we are no longer billed the cable is still connected. We discovered that when we pulled out a video to watch and while setting that up saw that the TV was picking up a signal. We live in a rural area and cannot pick up any TV stations without cable or satellite disk. We haven't missed it. We read, we shoot, we surf the net, we on occasion watch an old movie, we listen to CDs, tapes, and believe it or not records (we have several hundred and I still have an excellent turntable. Commercials we don' watch no steenkin' commercials!
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Assistant Administrator
    On the rare occasions I get to peek at the TV - almost always for weather channel - or bit of History/Discovery, I inevitably have to endure a few ad's.

Just now and again one crops up which is actually well made and entertaining - to heck with what it promotes but still, something quite well made cinematographically. These are rare.

I have actually on at least one occasion in the past - written to a company to inform them that their lousy ad and its absurd frequency of exposure, actually ensured that I would NOT, ever - buy their product!!

Guess I am not in their ''target'' audience but I cringe when I try and imagine what sort of folks make up that category!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

VIP Member
    I hate most commercials

This is from one of the very few that I do like...makes me laugh every time I still see it...

"I surrounded 'em"- Alvin York

"They're ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six"- Jeff Cooper

GEICO !!! All of them.
    Life is too short to be serious!

DC Founder
    Commercials for any product that makes you feel "fresher" or is "more absorbant"....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Assistant Administrator
    Hehe - Bumper - but you didn't include the ''guy with a grin'' in the ED ad's
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper
    Commercials for any product that makes you feel "fresher" or is "more absorbant"....

TIVO Forever!

VIP Member
    Some... not all by a mile
    Mentos (All of them)
    Apple (We are too good for you but buy our overpriced crap anyway)
    That Chunky Soup thing with the mother of the football player
    Hummer
    All Snapple commercials
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

That evil chicken whopper commercial about 3 years ago. A dozen or so badly animated chickens do a dancing march thing to clucking that sounds like music. BAK BAK BAK BAK BAK BAK BAK. I for some reason get infuriated just thinking about that stupid commercial. HMMM suddenly in the mood for a chicken whopper. Damn those geniuses at burger king!!!
    Hey fitz, I thought those mutant hamster hand puppets dressed as pirates were awesome!
    http://www.stupidvideos.com/video/ju...tupid/Quiznos/
    They got a pepper bar!!! HEHEHEHEHE
    "In those days, there was a lot more respect for other people and it showed in peoples values.... Today the word value means nothing more than something you get on the $1 menu at McDonald's." -BARK'N

I cant stand the "ask your doctor about this medication" commercials. I think I'll spend a few days keeping an eye out for these and show up at my doctors with a list of 50 or so medications and "ask which is right for me". That should annoy the hell out of him!

Anything with Ditech financing in it.

Anything with that guy on tv who is selling computer programs to teach you how to use the computer better.

Feminine hygiene commercials.

Anything with a man with an english accent who has to tell us his name in order to give him credibility to sell mops, special brooms, funky battery operated lights that you hang in the closet and anything that he sells for cleaning.

And while we are on the subject, I HATE...I MEAN HATE HATE that guy on tv BILLY MAYES who sells soap and other things by screaming every word.
    "I Don't Want To Socialize With A Pinko Liberal Democrat Commie. Say What You Like About Republicans. We Stick To Our Convictions. Even When We Know We're Dead Wrong." Denny Crane:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links