A thought

This is a discussion on A thought within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; After seeing this avatar, which belongs to Danoam, it got me thinking. I carry daily for the exact same reason our country has a military ...

Thread: A thought

A thought

After seeing this avatar, which belongs to Danoam, it got me thinking. I carry daily for the exact same reason our country has a military defense and, hopefully, I do have peace through superior firepower. I can't understand the whole disarm to be safe thing. If it is okay to disarm me for safety reasons, then shouldn't we disband the military to prevent wars?

And, I have to move to LA just to be able to get a job with high earning potential and a future all because of the black hole economy in Montana. I sure wish this company had offices in Arizona!!!!!!!
    “The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.”

Patrick Henry
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus
    If it is ok to disarm legal citizens to reduce crime, then doesn't it stand to disband the military to prevent war?

2. Remove Ads

The people who think you can achieve safety through disarmament live in a utopian vacuum, or an alternate universe. The rest of us in what I like to refer to as "reality" still want to take responsibility for ourselves.

As Passin' Through said recently " I preach peace, but everyone doesn't want peace." Pretty much sums it up.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus View Post
    If it is okay to disarm me for safety reasons, then shouldn't we disband the military to prevent wars?
    That's quoteworthy right there.
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

Links