16 Items They Only Sell At Chinese Walmarts

This is a discussion on 16 Items They Only Sell At Chinese Walmarts within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by joker1 Razor, I don't even want to know how you know 101 ways to use every part of a pig. Lets just ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 16 Items They Only Sell At Chinese Walmarts

Quote Originally Posted by joker1 View Post
    Razor, I don't even want to know how you know 101 ways to use every part of a pig. Lets just say I'm gonna take your word for it and stick to foods I know and love like hot dogs.
    The only thing you can't eat on a pig is its squeal.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joker1 View Post
    Razor, I don't even want to know how you know 101 ways to use every part of a pig. Lets just say I'm gonna take your word for it and stick to foods I know and love like hot dogs.
    Good thing you didn't grow-up with me.

We used everything but the squeal.

Mostly eaten, but leather & bristles were used, also -- albeit not eaten.

Check out old-time recipes for souse, brawn, or head cheese and/or for scrapple.

My local Chinese Restaurant has a American-Chinese menu and a real Chinese menu. I often eat one of the three different chitterlings dishes off the real Chinese menu. Very similar to how we cooked them when I was a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by razor02097 View Post
    You want to know what hotdogs are made of?

or anything else that list "x" animal's "parts" in the ingredients on the label.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

There are many regional items sole by WalMart here in the US. We have grits at the WalMarts here but I think you would have a hard time finding them in New Hampshire.
    Steven
    The "news media" has ceased being the watch dog of the people and has become the apologist for an irresponsible government.

It being China, I noticed a large lack of ammo!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    It being China, I noticed a large lack of ammo!
    I was wondering who would be the first to post about the lack of ammo. You win the

There are alot more things than that ... LOL. The one's I was in , have numerous fish tanks with live fish of all kinds... most of which I had never seen in my life and had no clue what they were. The have squid, eel, octopus, and those sea cucumbers (leach), shark fins, etc. as well.

Ox tail, is almost mandatory if you eat anywhere. They consider them necessary for men to keep their strength and the women happy. If you don't eat it, the women waitresses will be demanding you eat it.

The Walmarts also have self-service pharmacies, walk right in and in half the pharmacy you can buy whatever medication, anitbiotic or other drug you need. They have a 'trained' person to advise you. No prescriptions are required for any of it, as there are not really doctors around anyway. The other half, is natural remedies, teas, etc. And everywhere you go is sea cucumbers..... to keep low cholesterol, blood pressure, etc. They are a sea leach.

Walmarts also have 'tea areas' to taste and try different teas before you buy them. It is rather ceremonial, it is not grab one and try it out. You can buy CD's, DVD's , etc. either in the racks for the knock-offs, or the legite versions.

I thought it ironic, that most Chinese I worked with there, loved to go to Korean restaurants.

What I liked the most, was trying to get a little closer each day (where we worked) to the military guards and getting a better look at their AK's. They were nice. One day, ended up with one rd chambered and in my face.... but that was not due to anything I did and he got chewed out for it, but .... it was uncomfortable having the end of the barrel 6 " from my face, loaded and ready, him nervous and his finger on the trigger while screaming and yelling in Chinese. That was not quite the view of the AK I was looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Brass63 View Post
    I spent 6 weeks in China back during my college years.
    It was one bout of food poisoning after another.
    Our government hosts supplied us with everything from dog to duck feet.
    Exotic foods are okay...so long as I'm not groaning in agony in a fetal position 4 hours later.
    They just wanta make sure your not constipated and stay regular,like every hour on the hour,afterwards you get to wear some anti-bacterial underwear
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links