Fired today!

This is a discussion on Fired today! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Good deal, all around. Good luck...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fired today!

VIP Member
    Good deal, all around.

Good luck
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

2. Remove Ads

Congratulations and good luck. We have all been there, the grass IS greener on the other side.

Good luck with the new job!
    Time permitting keep us up to date on how the move and everything works out.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Thumbs up Good Luck

Best wishes.
    U.S. Army Veteran

Glad it worked out for you. Good luck with the move. Moving sucks...er well...picking up the boxes that rattle after you arrive does anyway...
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Sounds like your gain.... and their loss.

I had the same damn thing happen to me after giving two weeks notice and with a baby on the way I had plans for that last paycheck. My new job was going to be a stay at home dad.

I was told that since I was leaving it just didn't make sense to keep me on payroll for two more weeks. The owner was a real jerk as well. It all worked out for me just as it is working out for you and I wish you the best on your move and new job.

I hope your former boss sits down on a toilet in the middle of the night when the seat is up.

Ex-TN Mike

Well okay, so you're leaving a great place for BBQ...

But look at the bright side.

Indiana has a Lifetime CCW permit! Now, you can't beat that with a stick!

Congrats on the new job!

-Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    Good luck on the Indiana job, I hope things work out for you.

Your Memphis job must have had some downhill managerial changes; they were pretty good to you a few months back?
    That's the darnedest thing! They were really good to me a few months ago when the Atlanta deal fell through. No changes in management though. Same people, but I guess they felt slighted since I gave notice so soon after they let me stay when Atlanta fell through.

I have wanted to move back to Indiana for years. Job in the TV business do not come open there that often though. When this one did, I jumped on it. It's too bad they couldn't understand that. We are moving back home. Close to family. My parents are getting older and my only sibling shouldn't have to be the only one there to help out. My brother is great but he has a wife and kids too. So now I will be there to help my parents with anything they need in addition to my brother.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Best wishes on the new job! I retired to get away from a micro-managing boss, I should have done it a lot sooner!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

I had a boss that really screwed me over (reneged on substantial $$ promises while getting the company started and I was working at poverty wages) back in the 80s. I went to the FBI and informed them of illegal billing practices (the source of our falling out) and led the investigating agent to all the evidence needed for an air tight case. Then just as he realized the defecation storm was headed his way his wife got an anonymous phone call that led to her catching him with his girlfriend and she ripped him a new one in the divorce.

He ended up pleading guilty to 1 count each of mail fraud, wire fraud and fraud and served 18 months in federal prison and I made sure he knew I was the one that sent him there.

One of the killer pieces of evidence was records from the local Council of the Girl Scouts documenting the fraud, so each GS cookie campaign he was in prison he got a box of his favorite Thin Mints with a note from me saying “Hi XXXXX, I’m thinking of you, are you thinking of me?”

Revenge is a dish best enjoyed cold, and I truly enjoyed my meal.

VIP Member

Re: F350

Quote Originally Posted by F350 View Post

Revenge is a dish best enjoyed cold, and I truly enjoyed my meal.
    There is a church near where I live, and the pastor has a sign out front on which he periodically posts messages of wisdom. I don't belong to that church or subscribe to his or their general beliefs, but that doesn't change the fact that many of his messages contain a great deal of wisdom.

One such message, I'll need to paraphrase because I don't recall it precisely, is to the effect that seeking revenge is the first step to a life of trouble.

Now, trust me, I'm not a "turn the other cheek" kind of guy, and if someone seeks to harm me I am as likely as the next person if not more so to wish to seek some form of revenge. But, the pastor is right.

Sometimes you just need to patient and let nature take its course. I had a boss I would have dearly liked to harm in return for the miserable way he treated me. I did nothing. In time I did get to watch him: a) get divorced; b) lose a daughter to drugs; c) live in a homeless shelter. And the best part, I had nothing to do with any of his misfortune.

Many had assured me he would get his in the next world. Well, he got his here in this world, and I am proud that I had clean hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    Best wishes on the new job! I retired to get away from a micro-managing boss, I should have done it a lot sooner!
    If my wife got a third job, I could retire .........oh well
    HAPPY NEW YEAR
    INFIDELS

Glad to hear you leaving a job where they don't appreciate you to go to a job that sounds like it will be better.

Luke
    "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
    John 3:16

VIP Member
    Just think Mike, you can apply for a lifetime LTCH permit now. No more worrying about when you have to renew.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links