Fired today!

This is a discussion on Fired today! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Hopyard Sometimes you just need to patient and let nature take its course. Many had assured me he would get his in ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Fired today!

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post

Sometimes you just need to patient and let nature take its course.
    Many had assured me he would get his in the next world. Well, he got his here in this world, and I am proud that I had clean hands.
    Some times "nature" needs a helping hand; and I never minded getting my hands dirty, and I do not believe in a next world.

Maybe it makes me less than a "good guy" but my motto in life is “If you hit me with a switch I’ll beat you with a baseball bat”; few people come at me with switches. There is very little I will not do for a friend or to an enemy.

As a side note; in a pre grand jury session meeting with the FBI agent and 1st US Assistant Attorney who personally handled the case, the USAA said I had provided so much evidence I would not need to testify at trial so no one ever need know my involvement. I told him no deal, if it went to trial I wanted to testify, I wanted to look XXXXX in the eye as I testified, I wanted XXXX to wake up every morning looking at the gray bars knowing without a doubt I was the one that sent him there. The USAA looked at the FBI agent and said “Remind me NEVER to piss this guy off!”

2. Remove Ads

Good luck with the new changes in your life.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Wow! I just found all this news...guess I missed it.

Congrats on the new job...sounds like it was meant to be...good luck!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Member Array older gunner's Avatar
    Congratulations Mike.
    I lived in Indiana for 10 years (a long time ago). It's a great state. Good luck on the new chapter starting.
    Wisdom of the Older Gunner:
    To carry a firearm and not have to use it is a blessing
    To not carry a firearm and need one is avoidable and sometimes fatal stupidity

Good luck with the new job. Bunker

letting someone go due to them notifying you that they will be quitting is not at all uncommon. I can't say I wouldn't do it myself.
    1) depending on the industry, the person may very likely be going to a direct competitor of yours. theres a lot of data avaliable for the person to snag and take with them when they leave
    2) they might be leaving on bad terms. again, there is a lot of harm that can be done to a company by an employee in an hour, much more in 2 weeks.

So, I guess if I were to know the person well, and trusted their integrity, and they had a possition that someone REALLY needed to be trained on by them first.. then I would keep them, and have them train someone the entire time they were there.
    If I knew the person was leaving, and not on good terms, and to a competitor, then they would walk out the door that very second.
    If somewhere in between (good terms, may or may not be going to competitor, nobody really needs to be trained, etc), then I would let them go, but pay them for that 2 weeks still.

just my 2cents.

Glad you have a new job in a place you want to be! good luck!
    Wo die Notwehr aufhört, fängt der Mord an
    (Murder begins where self-defense ends)
    Georg Büchner

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links