Traffic stop ends in lights off

This is a discussion on Traffic stop ends in lights off within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Somehow this one just hit my funnybone Salem traffic stop ends in lights off - Roanoke.com Salem traffic stop ends in lights off A Roanoke ...

Thread: Traffic stop ends in lights off

VIP Member

Somehow this one just hit my funnybone

Salem traffic stop ends in lights off - Roanoke.com

Salem traffic stop ends in lights off

A Roanoke man was charged after a utility pole was knocked down in Salem early Thursday.
    By Neil Harvey

An early morning traffic stop in Salem took a turn that knocked out power to hundreds of customers Thursday. Damage estimates from the incident exceed $16,000, but no one was injured, officials said.

Police said an officer spotted an eastbound 2001 Toyota Camry that appeared to be weaving as it traveled down Apperson Drive, toward Electric Road, just after 2:30 a.m. According to Lt. Mike Green, when the officer activated his lights to pull the Toyota over, the driver made a sharp right turn onto and across Brookland Drive, near Bastians Bar-B-Q. The driver overcorrected back across Brookland and collided with a utility pole, knocking it down and causing it to spill live wires onto the road and the tops of the two vehicles -- damaging them both. Some of the transformers on the pole also blew out.

Charles Jesse Dickenson, 19, of Roanoke was charged with one count of driving under the influence and was taken to the Roanoke County-Salem Jail. An official with the jail said Dickenson was released Thursday afternoon on $1,000 bond.

Green said damage to the utility pole, wires and transformers was estimated at about $15,000. Damage to the suspect's car was estimated at $1,200. An estimate for the patrol car wasn't available Thursday, but Green said it was "extensive" and mostly related to the car's paint and electrical system.

City spokesman Mike Stevens said several hundred customers in the areas of Apperson, Upland and Westclub drives lost electricity for about an hour after the crash.

Power was restored to Bastians Bar-B-Q and the Texaco across Apperson just after noon, Stevens said.
    Maybe it's just relief that everyone come out of it OK.

Maybe it's rememberer the second hand stress relief from when everyone come out of two seperate simular situations some time back -- one involving my LEO son and another involving my EMT daughter.

Live wires on top of vehicles are no laughing matter.

But it still has me chuckling.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

had to be drunk...
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    question is.... can the squeeze that money out of the idiot or are the citizens going to have to foot the bill in one way or another?
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by razor02097 View Post
    question is.... can the squeeze that money out of the idiot or are the citizens going to have to foot the bill in one way or another?
    Quote Originally Posted by razor02097 View Post

# 1-- "was charged with one count of driving under the influence"

# 2 -- I hope so, also
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Sponsored Links